• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basics for design

toyicebear

I did take another look at the logo, it is doable if you change the size and placement of the name. the middle red part would make a nice split.

B)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Otherwise if you do not want to make a new logo, you can always use the logo you already have with no modifications and just set your web-site width to the same as your exsisting logo 982px

If I do that, how would it look in 800x600?

How do I do that anyway, I can give it a try!

Thank you so much.

Haru.

I am looking for the following codes to change on my page here:

Color of the little box in Search box (where you type words) and Currency, they are white now.

Background of allll the windows that appear when clicking "My account", when loggin in, when ordering and when checking out (they are also white now).

Are those all in stylesheet.css ? I can't figure out what are they. :huh:

Thanx for any help.

Haru.

I am looking for the following codes to change on my page here:

Color of the little box in Search box (where you type words)  and Currency, they are white now.

Background of allll the windows that appear when clicking "My account", when loggin in, when ordering and when checking out (they are also white now).

Are those all in stylesheet.css ? I can't figure out what are they.  :huh:

Thanx for any help.

Haru.

CHECKBOX, INPUT, RADIO, SELECT

Thank you Nick.

It works for the infoBox, but not for the "Input radio Select".

Here is the code.

CHECKBOX, INPUT, RADIO, SELECT {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 11px;

background: #bfbfbf;

}

I put a grey background, but if you click here to login, the windows are still white.

Thanx for your nice help.

Haru.

Thank you Nick.

It works for the infoBox, but not for the "Input radio Select".

Here is the code.

I put a grey background, but if you click here to login, the windows are still white.

Thanx for your nice help.

Haru.

The link you provided, does not work for me....

Sorry. Then try to click on "My Account' here.

Thank you very much.

Haru

Now it worked...

The boxes in the loginpage are defined by "infoBoxContents"

Thank you.

The infobox content defines the color of the little box where we type the login name and password.

I am trying to change the background of the text around that.

For exemple this text:

"I am a new customer. By creating an account at Dentsdelion you will be able to shop faster, be up to date on an orders status, and keep track of the orders you have previously made"

is on white background. How to make it grey?

Thanx a lot.

Haru

Thank you.

The infobox content defines the color of the little box where we type the login name and password.

I am trying to change the background of the text around that.

For exemple this text:

is on white background. How to make it grey?

Thanx a lot.

Haru

If your login page is original, the mentioned aria is controlled by: .infoBoxContents

You are right Nick. I just did not read right what you wrote.

I have another question. I think have posted somewhere else but never got an answer. May be it is not possible.

What code do I need in header.php to have the languages flags on the top line, just before "My Account".

Thanx a lot for your help. :)

Haru.

You are right Nick.  I just did not read right what you wrote.

I have another question. I think have posted somewhere else but never got an answer. May be it is not possible.

What code do I need in header.php to have the languages flags on the top line, just before "My Account".

Thanx a lot for your help.  :)

Haru.

If you go into the languages box and do the following.

Remove this:

<tr>
           <td>

Then remove this:

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_LANGUAGES);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

Then remove this:

</td>
         </tr>

Now you can call the language box where you want it in your header by using:

<?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php'); ?>

I almost got it, but it is not alingning correctly here

</tr>

</table>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">

<tr class="headerNavigation">

<td class="headerNavigation">  <?php echo $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></td>

<td align="right" class="headerNavigation"><?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>   </td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="headerError">

<td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

That should go around there right?

Haru.

Hi Haru,

I am sorry, but i am a bit tied up at the moment, but you can also just add the flags to your header line, and link it to the wanted language directly.

There is also a contrib for adding language to your header.....

(Not flags though, just text) css - Languages in Header

Well..its a general replay..

Since a lot of new users dont know where to start.....

:thumbsup:

And if someone have some particulars, they want to ask..please feel free....

:'( I'm new at all this cart business and have a question. Thought maybe you can help me. I'm building my cart but, everytime I drop and image it gets distorted. It seems like there is a command to make the image fit to a certain size box. Can the image be uploaded without having the image distorted? And, if is can, how do you go about it?

Thanks... Willie

Hi Willie,

The image properties are set in admin/configuration but you are probably better off using one of the thumbnail contributions, personally I use the 'On the fly thumbnailer with GD' and it works great for me.

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Got a MAJOR problem.

Tried to install the language contrib mentionned earlier, and I did not backup. There is only one file in that contrib called languages.php (with an S) and I did not think it could harm anything.

I reinstaled the origial version of index.php, and language php and still have this error message when starting my page:

Warning: main(includes/languages//index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/Sales/index.php on line 33

Warning: main(includes/languages//index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/Sales/index.php on line 33

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages//index.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/Sales/index.php on line 33

Line 33 is this one:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);

Where is the problem? I can't understand what went wrong, I did not touch my index.php file. :(

Haru.

Got a MAJOR problem.

Tried to install the language contrib mentionned earlier, and I did not backup. There is only one file in that contrib called languages.php (with an S) and I did not think it could harm anything.

I reinstaled the origial version of index.php, and language php and still have this error message when starting my page:

Line 33 is this one:

Where is the problem? I can't understand what went wrong, I did not touch my index.php file.  :(

Haru.

look at your error message..

main(includes/languages//index.php):

There you can see that for some reason it is not getting the country/language folder.

Go back and recheck what you did reagarding languages then you might find it.

Also download a clean version of ms2.2 from this site so you have both back-up files and comparazing files.

I've looked and I can't find information on linking the osCommerce back-end to an exisitng HTML page.  Is that possible?

Do you mean design vise or just how to make a link?

Well..its a general replay..

Since a lot of new users dont know where to start.....

:thumbsup:

And if someone have some particulars, they want to ask..please feel free....

Hi, I am REAL new to all of this and I ma trying my best to create a good e web.. I need to know how to take off the backfground on some of the pages as well as change the font for the wording that I input? Can anyone help me???

Thanks

Rena :blink:

Archived