• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basics for design

toyicebear

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have tried everything to change the font in the categories box to no avail. What do I need to change? Thank you.

Its in the stylesheet, the infobox classes , but be aware that changing the fonts there would change the font for all the boxes..

You can ofcourse modify the box itself and add in some new css classes to the links so you can style just those.

Or simply choose another category box from the add-ons section which have more "customization" possibilities buildt in.

Its in the stylesheet, the infobox classes , but be aware that changing the fonts there would change the font for all the boxes..

You can ofcourse modify the box itself and add in some new css classes to the links so you can style just those.

Or simply choose another category box from the add-ons section which have more "customization" possibilities buildt in.

Thank you. I had tried soooo many different CSS styles to get the links to change and nothing worked. I finally found the right combination though. Thanks again.

White Wolf Spirits

• 7 months later...

Hi guys

I am really new here and I am not really sure where to ask this but how do I go about adding a "like us on facebook" button in my store? And how do I physicaly go about making it work. Also how do I go about connecting my contact us form and client details form to work on Godaddy?

Thank you guys so much

E

For Facebook and more, click here>>

Oscommerce knowledge-base you can find here>>

You would want to download the add-on to your computer. Contained within the file will be instructions explaining how to install it. Some are as easy as an upload and click of a few buttons. Others are quite involved. You'll want to try and pay attention to the version of OSC you are using and that the add-on supports it.

• 1 month later...

The look of osCommerce is fairly easy to change...it usually only requires the change of no more than 5 files..

1. includes/header.php

2. includes/footer.php

3. includes/left_column.php

4. includes/right_column.php

5. Stylesheet.css

Have fun... cool.gif

I took a look at it, but could not find as to where I can change the fonts?

• 4 months later...

Can anyone tell me how to link a Category link directly to the Product Page in 2.3.1 ? (ie: bypass the category product listing )

for instance I have 4 categories. Of the 4 categories 2 contain multiple items, and so the product listing is needed .

But the other 2 have only one item, so the product listing is redundant and just means the visitor has to click twice to get to the same item.

I find if I just add as a product without a category in admin, it doesnt list it in the links.

Can anyone tell me how to link a Category link directly to the Product Page in 2.3.1 ? (ie: bypass the category product listing )

for instance I have 4 categories. Of the 4 categories 2 contain multiple items, and so the product listing is needed .

But the other 2 have only one item, so the product listing is redundant and just means the visitor has to click twice to get to the same item.

I find if I just add as a product without a category in admin, it doesnt list it in the links.

This is a non design related question, you should open a new topic about it.

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to modify the look of my client's store. He wants the page to be wider and a little bigger. I noticed in the very first post on this thread that it says there only needs to be modifications to five files which are

1. includes/header.php

2. includes/footer.php

5. Stylesheet.css

however, I do not have a left_colum.php file or a right _column.php file in the includes directory. Have these been renamed to something else in the 2.3.1 version of os commerce?I

I am trying to modify the look of my client's store. He wants the page to be wider and a little bigger. I noticed in the very first post on this thread that it says there only needs to be modifications to five files which are

1. includes/header.php

2. includes/footer.php

5. Stylesheet.css

however, I do not have a left_colum.php file or a right _column.php file in the includes directory. Have these been renamed to something else in the 2.3.1 version of os commerce?I

Click on Basics for OSC 2.3+ design in my signature...

• 6 months later...

I have inherited a OSC 2.3 site and been asked to make some changes to design. Is there any way I can tell what contribs have been installed... will they be listed anywhere? I can see Magic Zoom Plus and Header Tags SEO have by looking at Configuration in the admin panel, but can't explain, for instance why the stylesheet.css file is in a folder called css along with several others, instead of the root folder. I would just like to be able to get an understanding of what changes have been made beyond the vanilla install.

There is no easy "overview" , you will have to go over the code and compare it to a "vanilla" install.

The stylesheet in a separate folder usually means you have a template installed. Check those files to see if there is a comment at the top giving the template information.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear, then I am relying on the previous designer to have adequately put notes in the files he adjusted. Slim hope.

This all sounds a terribly arcane way of doing things... I confess I am used to wordpress sites with a plug-in architecture that you can activate/deactivate plugins/themes with a single click.

I don't suppose there is super-addon or contribution that does this? Any helpful advice welcomed.

I have tried to add themeswitcher on a clone of the site, but my timing seems to be off as I don't think it works with the latest jquery-ui. Anyway I got as far as having lots of agreeable green ticks in the admin module but it didn't actually seem to do anything when I loaded a new theme, so I assume I missed something major. Back to my original point; there is no (simple) way to be sure what has been added/tweaked previously, or to undo it if it breaks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

First use of new osCommerce in years! I am used to changing design by editing the stye sheets. I have modified the main css as well as the one in ui. Everything is fine except the buttons for Cart Contents, Check Out, My Account, etc.

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The look of osCommerce is fairly easy to change...it usually only requires the change of no more than 5 files..

1. includes/header.php

2. includes/footer.php

5. Stylesheet.css

Have fun... cool.gif

I am Completely clueless, so where and how do I access these files? I just installed oscommerse on my server through c-panel and need to now customize. I told you I am completely clueless.

You can access them via your hosting control panels file-manger

OR preferably by downloading/uploading them via FTP ( using something like filezilla, filezilla-project.org ) and editing the files using a text/php editor. (something like notepad++ , notepad-plus-plus.org )

• 2 weeks later...

well I tried editing the english.php and now it won't work.

Can someone please send me the code to redo it all? I am new to this store platform and it's probably less complicated than I am making it... anyway. Please send code ;(

• 4 months later...

Archived