• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cost Per Item In Order Total

jayrocks

I've been toying with this for a while, and cant get it to work.

I know there is a "Per Item" selection in shipping, but what I wanna do is the Cost Per Item separate from the shipping, and automatically added into the total on top of the shipping.

For example, I order two items, and choose Fedex for shipping, then get charges 0.99 per item on top of the shipping.

I think the best way to do that is to add a module inteh order total. What I did was try to modify the item.php file and place it in the Order Total module, but I cant seem to get it to work.

Im not much of a programmer, so Im fairly new to this.

Can anyone help me out?

I've been toying with this for a while, and cant get it to work.

I know there is a "Per Item" selection in shipping, but what I wanna do is the Cost Per Item separate from the shipping, and automatically added into the total on top of the shipping.

For example, I order two items, and choose Fedex for shipping, then get charges 0.99 per item on top of the shipping.

I think the best way to do that is to add a module inteh order total. What I did was try to modify the item.php file and place it in the Order Total module, but I cant seem to get it to work.

Im not much of a programmer, so Im fairly new to this.

Can anyone help me out?

Does anyone know??

ok what about just adding an additional cost per item??

Like say the cost of the item is $10, then they choose 5.00 shipping

I want the shipping to stay the same, but add an extra say 1.00 per item.. is this possible?

In the 'per item' shipping module simply state that the 'handling charge' is $5 and the per item charge is '$5' that way if they order 1 item the shipping charge is $10 but for every extra one they order its the extra $5 on top.

In the 'per item' shipping module simply state that the 'handling charge' is $5  and the per item charge is '$5' that way if they order 1 item the shipping charge is $10 but for every extra one they order its the extra $5 on top.

no I dont think you are getting what I am saying.

I've created like 6 different ways to ship:

3 US, and 3 International.

I want those to be the only shipping methods, but on top of that charge, I want and extra charge of 1.50 per item tacked on top of the item cost and shipping..

an Item is $6, the shipping they choose is USPS Priotity for $5.00, then 1.50 per item pruchased..

no I dont think you are getting what I am saying.

I've created like 6 different ways to ship:

3 US, and 3 International.

I want those to be the only shipping methods, but on top of that charge, I want and extra charge of 1.50 per item tacked on top of the item cost and shipping..

an Item is $6, the shipping they choose is USPS Priotity for $5.00, then 1.50 per item pruchased..

Why can't you simply incorpoate the costs of both USPS Priority and whatever into the per item shipping module ? If yo uship based on weight then simply enable another module.... Actually you're right- I don't understand what you're saying and neither do the other 75 people who've viewed this thread but not bothered to reply

• 4 months later...

I am going to try and put a new life into this misunderstood post...

I need to figure out the same thing jayrocks did but maybe I can explain it a little better than he did... here goes:

1. The store uses a shipping by weight system sinces it sells all kinds of things that require very different shipping rates so the shipping per item module is not an option.

2. Lets says you wanted to charge a $1 fee for every item a person buys at your store that is added onto the shipping cost(handling fee). Now the way the handling fee works is it adds the fee to the order once for the whole order no matter if you have 1 item or 100 items in your cart. So for example if you orders 1 item it would charge on the handling fee of $1 to the total cost. This is perfect and 100% what we are looking for... BUT! what about when someone orders 5 items? the handling fee will still be $1 rather than $5($1 per item) which we are looking for.

So more or less the simple fix is this-

Mod the handling fee feature to charge its fee per item rather than per order. So, if you have a handling fee of $1 and order 10 items your handling fee is $10 and if you order only 1 item the handling fee is $1.

Now for the problem... Does anyone have a clue how to change the code to do this? I sure don't...

If anyone still does not understand the question please let me know and I will do my best to explain it better as I feel this would be a very useful mod.

Thanks,

Brann

• 3 months later...

Hello, All!

I, too need some help with this, but, alas...i think i can explain it a little different (same reletive idea, but different use)

I will be selling tickets from my site, and I need a way to add the service charge of $2 per ticket in the checkout! now, i COULD do this in shipping, but since a SERVICE CHARGE is in no way shape or form a method of shipping, that just doesnt seem right, does it. SO, if ANYONE knows how to do this, PLEASE HELP A BROTHER OUT!

P.S. "jayrocks", you say you figured it out, wouldyou please inform us of how you did it?! thanks!!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...