• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how do you add/delete a field from Create Account?

andy8125

In the Create account page of my site , how do you delete/addd different txt forms like.

For example:

You want to take out the Newsletter part or Street Address or you want to add something like Game ID .

How do you do that?

I find the account signup management's instructions to be outdated since I couldn't find the stuff that was mentioned in the manual.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,692

There are a few options in admin>>configuration>>customer details. You can comment others you do not want in create_account.php

Search the forums for adding extra fields - its basically a matter of copying an existing field and associated code, renaming variables and adding the required database column. You must get your hands dirty in the code - there is no admin option for adding fields (you can rename those you do not wish to use as they are - do this in the language files)

Matti