• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Done but no order records?

Dolphin

Hi,

I have tried 3 times using paypal to process the purchases, at paypal end, the transaction went through. But at my site, the orders are not "processed" into the orders module inwhich we can print invoice etc. The purchased items are not deduced as well.

Anyone knows why?

Thanks!

There are a few copies of mods found, may I know which one should be used?

1) osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2

2) PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

3) PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v2.6a (addon only)

4) PayPal IPN Gateway for osCommerce

Hi, I setup as suggested and it works.

I can receive as a customer and it is recorded at the orders admin page.

However, although a successful payment at sandbox, the status did not get registered back to the order admin as "processing", it stays as "preparing [paypal ipn]", also in paypal, no record was found, no emails sent.

Any idea why?

Thanks a lot.

PayPal IPNs are coming back very slow from PayPal now. Wait a while and check the order status, you should eventually get the IPN.

PayPal is aware of this.

Rik Rasmussen

Hi, does this means it also slow in the live system?

Finally I got the reply back, but strangely there is no emails sent out to say that there are monies collected at the paypal account, is it suppose to be like that in the test environment?

Thanks so much.

I have successfully integrated the OsCommerce team PayPal module - 2679. There are a few issues existing:

1) After the buyer finishes the payment, the status of the order in OsCommerce becomes "Preparing [PayPal IPN]". It stays there as "Preparing [PayPal IPN]" forever- I mean days!, unless I manually changed it to "Processing", "Delivered", or something (I do get two emails in the PayPal sandbox test accounts - one is sent to the buyer and the other is sent to the seller). Is that ture that PayPal should send a "completed" IPN to oscommerce and the order status in oscommerce should be updated accordingly?

2) I am not sure how we could make use of the PayPal's Seller Protection Policy. I don't see the shipping address is passed to PayPal. In Hostmistress' contribution to the OsCommerce PayPal module, she only set the billing address. Does anyone know how to set the shipping address? If we could successfully pass the shipping address, are there any steps we need to perform at PayPal site to use the Seller Protection Policy?

3) When the payment information is passed to paypal from oscommerce, does anyone know if the billing address of the payment is used by PayPal to authenticate the credit card payment?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I tried the PayPal_Shopping_Cart_Ipn module. From devosc' post in this forum. it seems to have a lot of good features - no need to click the "Continue" button, etc. However, I couldn't get the database updated when a user has finished a payment. There was no problem with the Os team PayPal module.

I gave up on using any of the IPN modules, for some reason any I tried eithr gave me errors or didn't complete the orders as stated above.

I just use the one that came with the initial instal and made a note that the customers must click the continue button on paypals site to finish an order. Seems to work ok. No one has forgotten to do it yet. lol

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I have successfully integrated the OsCommerce team PayPal module - 2679. There are a few issues existing:

1) After the buyer finishes the payment, the status of the order in OsCommerce becomes "Preparing [PayPal IPN]". It stays there as "Preparing [PayPal IPN]" forever- I mean days!, unless I manually changed it to "Processing", "Delivered", or something (I do get two emails in the PayPal sandbox test accounts - one is sent to the buyer and the other is sent to the seller). Is that ture that PayPal should send a "completed" IPN to oscommerce and the order status in oscommerce should be updated accordingly?

There have been a lot of us complaining to PayPal about the delays in receiving the IPN.

Rik Rasmussen

2) I am not sure how we could make use of the PayPal's Seller Protection Policy. I don't see the shipping address is passed to PayPal. In Hostmistress' contribution to the OsCommerce PayPal module, she only set the billing address. Does anyone know how to set the shipping address? If we could successfully pass the shipping address, are there any steps we need to perform at PayPal site to use the Seller Protection Policy?

I agree with you that we need for the module to feed the shipping address to PayPal so that it is included in the Transaction Details. Without this you get no SPP.

I do not see anything else you have to do other than follow Paypal's guidelines for SPP.

Rik Rasmussen

Think there is no answer yet to my query.. :) Let's try again.

After purchasing, the order is recorded, email is sent to customer and also my shop's admin. But at paypal's end, there is no email to say that money is collected and at paypal site, no money is collected.

Is this supposed to be the case cause it is test paypal?