• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal and shipping address

shinomen

I setup OS commerce, and have my paypal module activated. When I submit an order, it takes me to paypal's website where I can choose to login and pay with paypal or use a credit card.

I click on use credit card and it goes to the next step that asks for my billing information.

Is the paypal module supposed to pass the shipping information that I have already collected from the customer, to the paypal website?? Or do I have to enable another feature, or change a setting somewhere?

Thanks

Ah, someone else from NC. I'm in Elizabeth City. :)

I've installed Paypal IPN and I've setup a sandbox account to test with. I tried to order a product and when I click to confirm the order it takes me to the paypal page where I can select whether or not I want to pay with paypal or use a credit card.

I selected credit card. It took me to the next page and asks me to type in my billing information.

This is what I want to have filled in with the customers' information when they reach this page.

So I ended up filling in the info myself and finished the process. The only other thing I saw, which is not that big of a deal (but would be nice to have) is for Shipping Address, it had "No Shipping Address". It didn't give me a chance on the paypal checkout to enter in my shipping address, only billing. (So I'm guessing that's why it says "No Shipping Address")

As far as setting up the paypal IPN info under OScommerce, the only thing I haven't filled in is:

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

Is this necessary to make this work? Could this be why I'm getting this slight problem.

Thanks

If you do not have encryption turnned on, you do not need to fill those in. When you do decide to encrypt, you will need to, and upload the certficate to PayPal, etc.

Sorry about the wrong info on the address transfer. I'll have to go back and look at that again.

You live in a nice area.

Rik Rasmussen

I do get the billing info passed to the CC form, but no shipping address..

I have the same problem and not sure what is going on. I have the latest IPN installed, sandbox running but when I do a transaction I get the "no shipping address information" plus the edit button, I would think that will really make people think they need to edit that, but even if you do it sends you back with the same "no shipping address information" on the screen after filling out the form.

Is this common? or do I have something not setup?

Thanks.

Edited by poorman

The way of life, and the way we work for you.

The exact wording is:

Shipping Address: No Shipping Address

[edit]

I do get the billing info passed to the CC form, but no shipping address..

I have the same problem and not sure what is going on. I have the latest IPN installed, sandbox running but when I do a transaction I get the "no shipping address information" plus the edit button, I would think that will really make people think they need to edit that, but even if you do it sends you back with the same "no shipping address information" on the screen after filling out the form.

Is this common? or do I have something not setup?

Thanks.

The bad part is that the PayPal page says there is no shipping address and has an edit button for it. As a buyer I would think if it is not there it will not get shipped to me, but if you use the edit button and add your details when it returns to the page it still says that there is no shipping information. I really just want to know if everyone using the PayPal IPN is getting this issue?

Or, is this a PayPal issue that I have to bring up with them?

Thanks.

I agree. My experience has been the same.

I get the ship address from the email my store sends me, or by looking up the order.

But I agree this will bother customers. When it looks like something is not working, many will quit.

Rik Rasmussen

If the customer has a PayPal account, and logs into it, I believe you get their verified address. But, if they pay with a credit card, and do not log in, you get no shipping address.

Rik Rasmussen

Thanks for the input RikR, I was going to go just with PayPal IPN to get started, but now I really need to think about that.

If the customer has a PayPal account, and logs into it, I believe you get their verified address. But, if they pay with a credit card, and do not log in, you get no shipping address.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the input RikR, I was going to go just with PayPal IPN to get started, but now I really need to think about that.

I'm doing exactly the same and seeing the same re-enter of addresses. This is not acceptable and I will be looking at other options.

RonR

There is a work around for the shipping address to be passed to paypal. Do a search for shipping address paypal ipn and you will find the work around.

I don't remember it off the top of my head.

There is a work around for the shipping address to be passed to paypal. Do a search for shipping address paypal ipn and you will find the work around.

Just to clarify... I'm using osCommerce PayPal IPN Module and this is where I see the issue with the Shipping Address. And I've looked and searched and spend many hours and I do not see any work-around for this issue.

Again, the issue is that it's possible for the customer to change the shipping address in PayPal and this info does not get passed back. I'd rather see no shipping address at all when they go to PayPal.

RonR

Actually, I don't think this could be correct. Ther has been a contribution uploaded that will populate the billing address for someone registering for Paypal, but I don't think it passes the shipping address. (This is a contribution add on to the osC PayPal IPN contribution) See:

osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

It is my understanding that the shipping address can not be passed to PayPal on a transaction where the customer is using a credit card, and not a PayPal account.

In the case where the customer is using a PayPal account, the shipping address is the address on file with their PayPal account.

Rik Rasmussen

It is my understanding that the shipping address can not be passed to PayPal on a transaction where the customer is using a credit card, and not a PayPal account.

Not true. It is passed. The real problem here is that PayPal will show the billing address and the shipping address and if the customer changes any address information within PayPal then this new info WILL NOT get passed back to osC.

Not a good thing !

RonR

Edited by ronr1999

Is the shipping address passed from osC to PayPal only when the extra contribution add on I mentioned above is installed?

I am not using it, and do know that in my situation it is not being passed to Paypal.

Does the PayPal email show the address that the customer finals out with?

Rik Rasmussen

Is the shipping address passed from osC to PayPal only when the extra contribution add on I mentioned above is installed?

I am not using it, and do know that in my situation it is not being passed to Paypal.

Does the PayPal email show the address that the customer finals out with?

The shipping and billing address is passed to PayPal with standard osC IPN.

Any changes that the customer makes to billing OR shipping addresses within PayPal is NOT passed back to osC or in any emails.

RonR

Edited by ronr1999

The shipping and billing address is passed to PayPal with standard osC IPN.

Any changes that the customer makes to billing OR shipping addresses within PayPal is NOT passed back to osC or in any emails.

RonR

In many tests I have done I have never seen the shipping address sent to Paypal by the osc PayPal IPN module. I always get the "no shipping address" on the PayPal page.

I have no idea why it is appraently working for some and not working for others.

Rik Rasmussen

This too is a problem for me on a new store for a customer.

I have my own store, and it does indeed pass the shipping address with whatever IPN version I am using.

I do not understand why this support was removed????

We need to know WHERE to ship the items!!

??

Yes it does say "No Shipping Address" but if you click on the button just below it ("Make Changes") then the address will appear. Very confusing...

I've talked to PayPal about this confusion and the tech guy will/has send this to the product manager for review. And, a bug has been filed against this contrib due to the fact that if the customer does make any address changes in PayPal then they will not get passed back to osC.

BTW, this also applies to the billing address. No address changes in PayPal will get back to osC !!

My feeling is that we DO NOT want the customer to see ANY ADDRESS when they go to PayPal. We've already collected address info in osC .

In file: catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

You can change " $parameters['no_shipping'] = 'X';" where "X" = 0, 1, or 2

I believe that "1" is our default and that will show: "No shipping address". The other two will show addresses.

Hope that this helps

RonR

Edited by ronr1999

WHY do we not want the customer to see shipping address?

To me, this makes ZERO sense. Everyone is stupid when it comes to things like this. If I'm on someones store and I goto checkout and it says "NO SHIPPING ADDRESS". I'm not going to finish the transaction because it appears they seller won't know where to ship it!

Who cares if it's redundant information and it's being sent by oscommerce. 90% of the people I have set this up for prefer NOT to use the admin side of oscommerce (when it comes to order processing). It's just too much for them.

They just want the paypal notice, so they can print, file, and ship.

Why do some people insist on telling the user what they want?

At the very least it should be an option to turn on or off. I personally like the old IPN module better.

Does anyone know if it will work with 2.2? And where I can still find it. I will install it instead if this is not going to be fixed.

Or was that the version the one guy wrote who was stealing all the sign up benefits? LOL Oh, well.

-Waldog

WHY do we not want the customer to see shipping address?

To me, this makes ZERO sense. Everyone is stupid when it comes to things like this. If I'm on someones store and I goto checkout and it says "NO SHIPPING ADDRESS". I'm not going to finish the transaction because it appears they seller won't know where to ship it!

Who cares if it's redundant information and it's being sent by oscommerce. 90% of the people I have set this up for prefer NOT to use the admin side of oscommerce (when it comes to order processing). It's just too much for them.

They just want the paypal notice, so they can print, file, and ship.

Why do some people insist on telling the user what they want?

At the very least it should be an option to turn on or off. I personally like the old IPN module better.

-Waldog

=========================================

Obviously there are many different ways to go with an online catalog. My only point here is that the current IPN module is broken and I won't use it.

RonR