• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN, no notifications :-(

bhyde

I've installed "osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2," but no encryption as yet. My paypal sandbox test buyer and seller accounts work fine. I can make purchases using my test buyer's pseudo credit card. These purchases appear on the test buyer and test seller's sandbox accounts as transactions. If I look at the source of the catalog checkout page just prior to leaving my catalog for paypal I see a notification url. http://...ipn/ipn.php. My access logs show no sign of that getting hit by paypal. Later when my test buyer finishes all the paypal purchasing gauntlet, if he bothers to hit continue he get's sent back to my catalog. About that time I see a post followed by a get to my catalog by paypal. Not to the notification url; instead the post is to catalog_process.php; and the get's to catalog_success.php. So the orders of Mr. Test Buyer are in state 2 "preparing [Paypal IPN]" and I remain in the state sad.

I read someplace the my test seller does not need to enable IPN explicitly in his profile at paypal; so he hasn't.

Suggestions.

Obviously I should have started my begging in the other forum!

Over in the paypal developer forum I see a number of people complaining that the notifications are being delayed for a very long time.

And happy day, I went away and did some chores and when i came back 2 notifications had shown up. I assume if I go do more chores the rest will show up.

So much for "instant." I hope this is only a problem in the sandbox.

I have that problem. I have had 3 paypal sales, I have got an email saying payment recieved and there orders show up on my site but it doesn't say they have paid. If it wasn't for the email I wouldn't know.

This is a bit anoying really!

Anyone know whats up?

well, i am looking at other solution right now. can't afford to loose money and customers. i am not sure if this only happens in sandbox or also the real paypal. in the admin section, i can't recieve any records about transaction and the order-details show the transaction failed code.

the only way we can check is go to paypal/sandbox and check the logs to make sure the transaction went ok or bad :/