The e-commerce.

New task for order editor

poddan1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm doing a new install, which file do I need?

Someone please link me to the most up-to-date full version.

There are so many versions listed on the contrib page - it's confusing!

Thanks so much.

Jeff

Can someone please help. After searching the forums and contributions for which order editor to install I installed Riccardo Roscilli 8 Feb 2005 http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1435

And it works great except when I go to add a new order step 1 works fine, step 2 works fine, and step 3 where the options should be showing up, the description is not veiwable but the values seem to be there cause if I continue it shows up what I chose for the options in the order editor but I would like to be able to choose the correct one. by seeing it.

I did see one post about the register globals being turned "on" which it is "on", but that was the closest issue I could find to my problem. I even tried the fix to see if it would work but it didn't.

Anyone have any ideas.

thanks

I installed V1.61 and amended all of the hard coded tax rates to 17.5 as UK VAT is 17.5% on goods, shipping, discounts and everything.

In my store, prices are quoted net of tax (vat) and VAT is added to both goods and shipping charges.

e.g. the following totals would be correct

Goods Sub Total            ?90.00

Shipping charges          ?10.00

VAT @ 17.5%                ?17.50   

Total                          ?117.50

OE 1.61 calculates the VAT correctly on the goods (?90 * (17.5 / 100))

but incorrectly on the shipping charges where it

calculates VAT as  ?10 - (?10 / (1 + (17.5 /100))) = ?1.489

the VAT calculation on shipping should simply be (?10 * (17.5 / 100)) = ?1.75

There is no logical reason to calculate VAT differently on totals than products.

Someone has introduced a bug into the tax calculation coding when the original code seems to be correct!

Worse still the faulty code is commented "// corrected tax by cb"!

I think this contribution is pretty good overall but there is too much hard coding of tax rates (e.g. the 20.0 and 7.6) and too many people have tried to fix things by applying and publishing code that just applies to their store which they may not have configured logically anyway.

The faulty 1.61 code is shown below

if ($ot_class == "ot_shipping") {

$RunningTax += ($ot_value - ($ot_value / (1 + ($AddShippingTax / 100)))); // corrected tax by cb

//$RunningTax += (($AddShippingTax / 100) * $ot_value);

}

elseif ($ot_class == "ot_lev_discount") {

$RunningTax += ($ot_value - ($ot_value / (1 + ($AddLevelDiscountTax / 100)))); // corrected tax by cb

// $RunningTax += (($AddLevelDiscountTax / 100) * $ot_value);

}

elseif ($ot_class == "ot_customer_discount") {

$RunningTax += ($ot_value - ($ot_value / (1 + ($AddCustomerDiscountTax / 100)))); // corrected tax by cb

// $RunningTax += (($AddCustomerDiscountTax / 100) * $ot_value);

}

elseif ($ot_class == "ot_custom") {

$RunningTax += ($ot_value - ($ot_value / (1 + ($AddCustomTax / 100)))); // corrected tax by cb

// $RunningTax += (($AddCustomTax / 100) * $ot_value);

}

elseif ($ot_class == "ot_cod_fee") {

$RunningTax += ($ot_value - ($ot_value / (1 + ($AddCustomTax / 100)))); // corrected tax by cb

// $RunningTax += (($AddCustomTax / 100) * $ot_value);

Corrected code (Just remove the "fix" applied by cb!)

if ($ot_class == "ot_shipping") {

$RunningTax += (($AddShippingTax / 100) * $ot_value);

}

elseif ($ot_class == "ot_lev_discount") {

$RunningTax += (($AddLevelDiscountTax / 100) * $ot_value);

}

elseif ($ot_class == "ot_customer_discount") {

$RunningTax += (($AddCustomerDiscountTax / 100) * $ot_value);

}

elseif ($ot_class == "ot_custom") {

$RunningTax += (($AddCustomTax / 100) * $ot_value);

}

elseif ($ot_class == "ot_cod_fee") {

$RunningTax += (($AddCustomTax / 100) * $ot_value);

}

What file did you edit?

I've searched and searched. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Hello.

I'm using this fantastic contribution, but I've a little question:

- How can I set a discount for individual products?

Actually, I can set a discount for total price.

But I need to set an individual discount for any product added to the cart.

Any suggestion?

Hi there,

I'm using Edit Orders 1.56 installed as part of a CRELoaded 6.1 installation. I can only add products to a manual order that are active, or have the green light next to them in the catalog.

Is it possible on any other versions of Edit Orders to add products which are not active? The reason is there are some items which we sell but don't want to show on the shop...

thanks

Chris

Hi Ken

Did you ever get this to work with margin reports. I am having the same problem.

thanks

Elizabeth

We use Order Editor a lot (great contribution), but we also use Margin Report and the two don?t seem to be totally compatible. Amendments made to products and costs with Order Editor, do not seem to be reflected in Margin Report.

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Charterhouse

Can somone add the ability to send a customer invoice with this contribution?

For example a customer asks a question about an item and decides to purchase it. I sent an invoice to them with which maybe can be added here. they click on the link in the invoice and add shipping and billing info and pay for the item.

Basically we would need is an amount due so when the client creates and account, they can click on a button to pay.

possibly using the offsite link into shopping cart contribution which works nicely http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,buy+button

Can anyone please help me with this?

There is a serious bug in ORDER EDITOR contribution!

I have the following order:

1) SUBTOTAL

2) TAXES

3) TOTAL

4) SHIPPING

But when I edit an order, the contribution includes SHIPPING with the rest of the order, and calculates TAX with shipping, but shipping is not includeed into total.

How can I fix this?

Not sure exactly what is going on for me, but after installing this, going to the specific order page, all I ever get when clicking on the "Edit" button is:

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

Any ideas why this may be happening? As a note, the account is Top Administrator.

I know you posted this a long time ago, but i just found the solution to your problem. With the Admin Levels contrib installed you have to go into the database and add the Order edit page as one that is allowable. So you need to add a row to the admin_files table that looks like this:

admin_files_id = (leave blank and it will auto generate a number. You will need to get this number for the admin_files_access table below)

admin_files_name= FILENAME_ORDERS_EDIT

admin_files_parent_id = 58

admin_files_parameters = Leave Blank

short_menu_default = 0

access_defaul = 0

image = Leave Blank

title = Leave Blank

description = Leave Blank

visible = 1

Then you have to give the Top Level admin access to that file by adding a row into the "admin_files_access" that is:

admin_files_id = "the row that was inserted above"

admin_groups_id = 1

• 4 weeks later...

PB : Total always equal to the shipping charge !

Hi,

I installed Order Editor 1.61 by PRONET 11NOV05 and also tried 1.72 by djmonkey1 26DEC2005. If I add/delete a product or just simply press Update, the order total is set to the shipping charge !

Example :

Product is 100

Shipping is 9

Press Update

Press Back and display invoice.

New total is 9

My prices are set to display with tax included, if that matters...

Help appreciated.

-i.

Edited by IndiaStarker

*** Je suis plus souvent sur le forum français ***

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

remote : IcoOpenBSD 4.x, server : IcodiaSecureHttpd, MySQL 4.1.24, php : 4.4.9

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

PB : Total always equal to the shipping charge !

Hi,

I installed Order Editor 1.61 by PRONET 11NOV05 and also tried 1.72 by djmonkey1 26DEC2005. If I add/delete a product or just simply press Update, the order total is set to the shipping charge !

Example :

Product is 100

Shipping is 9

Press Update

Press Back and display invoice.

New total is 9

My prices are set to display with tax included, if that matters...

Help appreciated.

-i.

Same problem with 1.56 posted by None on 4 Apr 2005

!

Something is strange

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

Same problem with 1.56 posted by None on 4 Apr 2005

!

Something is strange

OK I found a clue. We have subtotals off.

clue :

OrderEditor V1.56 checking for no ot_subtotal on update Carl Shelbourne 15 Jul 2004

An excellent mod.

Our store does not use subtotals on our orders meaning that when an order was updated its value was set to zero as there had been no subtotal added in.

OK I just turned subtotals on and my total is now fine.

OK I just turned subtotals on and my total is now fine.

Too bad you can't edit a post after a few minutes. Total not fine. Tax added twice. Prices without tax displayin with tax. (v1.72)

Could sometime say if there is a dependency of this contrib on the rank of the items in Modules==>Order Total in admin? We have Tax, Sub-Total, Shipping and Total in that order :

Order Total Modules

Modules Sort Order Action

Low Order Fee

Shipping 3 Info

Sub-Total 2 Info

Tax 1 Info

Total 4 Info

Thanks in advance,

-i.

Edited by IndiaStarker

• 1 month later...

I have Order Editor 1.61c_fix version installed, plus some of my bug fixes and additions.

Does anyone have any solution or suggestion if I want a selection or dropdown list if I want to change the Payment Method or Shipping Method (may affect the cost calculation too) instead of typing the text manually?

i have a very serious problem with edit order that has been driving me crazy for some time now. i hope one of you gurus can help. basically, when i add a product and then select the category the 'choose product' list doesn't have all of the product descriptions listed. there is always a few listed correctly at the bottom of the pull down list but the ones above are just blank. obviously this makes selecting the correct product to add VERY difficult. here's a look at the source edit_orders.php creates for the pull down list:

<td class='dataTableContent' align='right'><b>STEP 2:</b></td><td class='dataTableContent' valign='top'><select name="add_product_products_id" onChange="this.form.submit();">who<option value='0' selected>Choose product

<option value='651'>

<option value='901'>

<option value='1280'>

<option value='1510'>

<option value='963'>

<option value='1366'> CRF450X'05-06 - Race Tech Fork Springs

<option value='1364'> Race Tech Ultra Slick Supsension Fluid

</select></td>

as you can see it has the product ID's but no description for several of those in the list. also, note that i use single quotes in the description. any ideas on what is causing this and how to fix it?

thanks in advance...

• 1 month later...

Hi

Anyone get this.

Ive just installed 2.4 but cannot delete a product from the edit_orders.php

gives me this:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE products_id = '0'' at line 3

UPDATE products SET products_ordered = products_ordered - WHERE products_id = '0'

Also if i edit the order such as change the payment method, then update, it appears fine but the order totals are reset to zero?

Any ideas whats wrong?

• 2 months later...

I have a similar problem as mentioned above in that subtotal shows vat included and then vat is shown below and the total below that shows the correct full inclusive price.

I simply want the sub total to show the exclusive of VAT Price, how do i do this ?

vat.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

is there a way to add a completely new order to a customer profile, if the customer has ordered by phone ?

I have a previos order from this customer, but the second order he did by phone, not by the shop-system, so the second order is not listed under "orders".

Any ideas, how to handle that case ?

Kind regards

Andreas

I found a way to put a phone order into the osC system.

I ordered the product, my customer wants, with my test-account.

Then I go with phpmyadmin in the database and change the customer id for this new order, all addresses etc.

Then the new order appears in the other customers profile and I can print the invoice etc.

But the way is rather complex and nothing for the daily business.

Any other ideas or a contrib to get this done more smoothly ?

Kind regards

Andreas

• 4 months later...

I have tried to use ORDER_EDIT 2.9.1, but i found following major bugs in VAT calculation:

1. VAT calculations (specially in Javascript) are usual done in un-correct way, specially when you have

DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX set to TRUE

2. tax rounding is default set to 4 decimal places, which is for me (SLOVAKIA) bad, because we have 1 decimal place rounding rule

I have rewritten order_edit to make things OK with steps above, but I want to point to contrib creator, that this thing should be fixed!

typical mistake is f.e.tax calculation without rounding set properly

//removed by MGX $RunningSubTotal += (($products_details['tax']/100 + 1) * ($products_details['qty'] * $products_details['final_price']));

$RunningSubTotal += Round($products_details['final_price'] * ($products_details['tax']/100 + 1),1) * $products_details['qty'];

My contrib needs following to be setup OK:

1. decimal tax place set 1 -> should take variable from admin (do you know how?)

2. installed ot_round contrib (I round according SK law final price at 0.5 down or up)

Mgx