• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which Payment merchants for UK

cdamianou

I personally think that PayPal and Nochex are better alternatives to Worldpay.

I also heard some people were suggesting to use Nochex for the UK. However I never tried it myself.

And as to worldpay, new customers are now charged ?200 setup fee (and not ?100) and ?360 a year ongoing (was ?160) + 4.5% transaction fee... As for me their fees are really too high :blink:

I also heard some people were suggesting to use Nochex for the UK. However I never tried it myself.

And as to worldpay, new customers are now charged ?200 setup fee (and not ?100) and ?360 a year ongoing (was ?160)  + 4.5% transaction fee... As for me their fees are really too high  :blink:

Now they have increased the price as well? It was already bad that WorldPay has Withdrawal Delay of 4 weeks.

I think that I'll stick with PayPal

comparison.gif

Hi

I used World pay until recently, but baulked at their renewal fees. Happily, I found that 2CO now support pricing in GBP so their one time USD49 and no monthly fee (WP charge ?20 PM) are a lot more attractive. Sign up takes seconds - no farting around for days like I did with WP.

I am having problems getting 2CO to pass back sales details to my site but the payment is captured and I do receive an email from 2CO. Having said that, lots of others are having problems configuring WP and payPal, so I guess you should expect teething problems.

Check out The Amber Mines if you want a look at my site.

Hi Jeff,

To be fair to Paypal, there are many satisfied customers too!

So how is it working out with Nochex?

I used to use them but I found very few customers prepared to use them. I know things have improved now they are allowed to accept credit cards.

How is customer acceptance?

Have the problems with the module been sorted.out?

Thanks

David

Best of breed as far as I am concerned is pppay.com. They are fully FSA licenced and charge only a little for withdrawing money - no commission etc.

Hi Jeff,

To be fair to Paypal, there are many satisfied customers too!

So how is it working out with Nochex?

I used to use them but I found very few customers  prepared to use them. I know things have improved now they are allowed to accept credit cards.

How is customer acceptance?

Have the problems with the module been sorted.out?

Thanks

David

With regard to the problems with the module..............

It got worse. Now I have two problems, because the latest contribution converts the pricing currency into dollars when importing into 2CO and then because I am set up for GBP, the customer is charged the number of USD but in GBP.

The old problem with not passing back the transaction is not cured because I do not believe that this (or any other contribution) is written for the current version of 2CO.

I am sure that a solution such as the one in the latest PayPal IPN solution where the transaction details are stored before being passed through could easily be converted for 2CO, but this will take a little osC/PHP genius to figure out.

A challange boys and girls.

Best of breed as far as I am concerned is pppay.com. They are fully FSA licenced and charge only a little for withdrawing money - no commission etc.

• 1 month later...

I have been using pppay.com since October with no problems at all. I am in the software business, so nochex is out of the question for me as the average price of my software is ?400.

Paypal are alright, but I find it takes nearly 2 weeks to recieve the cash and they are not cheap either.

Worldpay is expensive and you have to weeks for your cash, whos money is it anyways. I would lose too much banking interest.

So pppay wins.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to take payment, by turning off all the payment modules and then logging into pppay.com and requesting money, but that manual way, takes so long.

So I wrote the first pppay.com module, which automates the site.

You can visit my website and see it for your self.

If you want to use this contribution, either email me or you will find it now in contributions.

http://www.easytraders.co.uk

Edited by easytraders