• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wrong weights and prices of shipping

osclover

I have enabled the zones method in the shippping modules section. The values are:

3:8.50,

7:10.50,

99:20.00

I then insert an item 'A' in the catalog. No matter what its weight is while being adding/updating it to the catalog, in the checkout process, its weight as well as the shipping price is a bit higher. I have changed the weight a few times. But I am still getting the same error. :$

This zone's handling fee is set to 'zero'. The Package Tare Weight in Configuration-->Shipping/Packaging is also set to 'zero'.

Any help?

What is your maximum package weight set at? and Larger Package - Percentage Increase field?

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Can I view this online? If so, pls provide a link.

Thanks,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

The website is : www.roseluggage.com

The zone rate is enabled in the admin. the countries in zone one are US, CA and GB. The rates are:

3:8.50,7:10.50,99:20.00

If you click on the item Laptop BackPack (the weight of which is set as 2lb in the admin) , you will see that in the checkout_shipping.php page, the weight jumps up to 2.2 lbs, and the shipping amonut is ....(amazed) now ok. :$

Why do the shipping weight jumps up from 2 lb to 2.2 lb?

Many thanks,

It sounds like the percentage increase for larger packages is coming into play. I had problems with this before too and ultimately ended up setting it to 0. If you search my posts for 'percentage,' I think you'll find a thread I started that I think explained some of it (but I can't remember for sure...)

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

It sounds like the percentage increase for larger packages is coming into play. I had problems with this before too and ultimately ended up setting it to 0. If you search my posts for 'percentage,' I think you'll find a thread I started that I think explained some of it (but I can't remember for sure...)

HTH,

Terry

Yes that might be the reason. Will check it out. But dont' you think 1-2 lbs are very small values?

Here's the thread I was referring to:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...3&hl=percentage

Maybe it'll shed a little light for you on how it works...

Terry

Terry Kluytmans