• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contribution Issue

Hugo RSF

Make sure Contact Us is selected in the page type selection menu, if u used my fix for the contact us page make sure the title is exactly spelled " Contact Us " like that. Also make sure there is no body in the text because it might default and think it's what it's spos to show, worst comes the worst u can select "External" and put in contact_us.php and make sure same page is clicked. If none of this works then just post again.

Thank you, that was a big help. Note to anyone having multilingual pages, that the following simple 'or' statement can be added to show the contact us information in your other languages (example is for german).

'... elseif($page['pages_title'] == 'Contact Us' OR $page['pages_title'] == 'Kontakt')...'

If you wanted to switch over your shipping.php file, you would need to do these changes to that file and set the page type to 3 (see near the top of the changed code where it says "and p.page_type = 2"), since 3 corresponds to shipping.

hmmm, I followed all instructions step by step through index and contact us. then i went to the page manager to check whether it works - and itr actually did. now i wanted to include also shipping, conditions and so on along the above quoted hint.

but the pages do not show up in the page manager. would i need to make all changes before running the page manager for the first time?

any help is greatly appreciated - thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Having just installed this conrtribution on my local Development site, it works fine (except the links in the new Info box dont work ) ...

However having attempted an install online i find my site generates the following error..

1146 error - Table "databasename.pages" doesn't exist

BUT IT DOES! - ran and re ran the sql and confirmed that the tables are present and appear to be OK

so why the error message????

anyone help please - it doing my head in

Got the same here, STS also installed... Anyone??

Edited by esstilo

Got the same here, STS also installed... Anyone??

In most cases ANYTIME u get the database doesn't exist error, ether the database table is NOT THERE, or MISSPELLED in the database. Also a misspelling in the code, or the database_tables osc file can do this also. Make sure u import the sql file that comes with it, into the root of the database, rarely do u have to be inside a table. Do this first.. Then if it doesn't work, post a pic of the sql table and the code that reffers to the table in the dabase_tables osc file and the code that is using the table.

Hello Can anybody help me with this contribution.

After installing everything in this contribution, I get this error in the Adnin section of osCommerce, when I click EXTRA INFO PAGES:

HEADING_TITLE

1146 - Table 'robertk_test.TABLE_PAGES' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from TABLE_PAGES p LEFT JOIN TABLE_PAGES_DESCRIPTION s on p.pages_id = s.pages_id where s.language_id='1'

[TEP STOP]

Can anybody give me a clue on how to fix this problem.

:blush:

Regards Robert

I'm afraid but there is a problem with Rich Edit in IE7. The admin/editor/popup_editor.html wouldn't load in IE7. It starts loading but then there is just grey background with "X", like for the picture that couldn't open. It's not a problem with popup blocker, because I set it to allow popups. If I point my browser directly to http://shop.com/admin/editor/popup_editor.html, there is an IE error that says:

Line:63

Char:2

Error: 'edit.defaultFont' is null or not an object

Code: 0

URL: http://shop.com/admin/editor/popup_editor.html

If I view the file's source with my browser, line 63 is:

<script language="JavaScript">

var edit = window.dialogArguments;

</SCRIPT>

<script language="JavaScript" event="onload" for="window">

window.returnValue = null;

if (edit.defaultFont) richedit.defaultFont = edit.defaultFont;

if (edit.defaultFontSize) richedit.defaultFontSize = edit.defaultFontSize;

if (edit.styledata) richedit.styledata = edit.styledata

richedit.docHtml = edit.src;

</script>

<script language="JavaScript" event="onscriptletevent(name, eventData)" for="richedit">

window.returnValue = eventData;

window.close();

</script>

Does anybody else have the same problem with the IE7 and is there any solution to the problem?

Hi All, I have installed the extra info pages contribution ver 4.6.

I have also installed the newest version of STS and seperate pricing 415.

I dont get any errors, its just that the admin section doesn't work at all.

for example under tools their is no option for extra info pages.

I have installed this same contribution in another shop an it worked fine.

Can anybody please help. I have checked all the code, and its all installed correctly.

:blush:

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

great contrib, great job, respect.

it got a little trouble by useing with STS 4.3, but now it works.

Anyone use a html editor together with this contribution from the contributions ?

bg

michael

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting this message across the top when I login to my admin page

define('BOX_TOOLS_PAGE_MANAGER', 'Extra info Pages Manager'); define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PAGES', 'Displaying %d to %d (of %d Pages)'); ?>

Also, this contribution added another info box under the one that was already there.

You can see it at the bottom Here.

How would I cut this down to one and eliminate the duplicate entries?

• 4 weeks later...
We've all got the same problem but i don't thinks there's any support for this contribution anymore...

@BehrendsTech, thx for the reply but this is not the case, it's an issuse with STS 4.3

Mike, just to be clear...this is not an issue with STS 4.3 but rather an issue with not knowing how to use STS 4.3. :blush:

It is clearly stated in the STS User Manual instructions on how to incorporate "custom" infoboxes from 3rd party contributions such as "Extra Pages". This contribution will work fine with STS 4.3 as long as you create the variable (tag) correctly so that STS understands what infobox to display. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi,

I installed the Extra Infos Page Manager, and got errors :

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\site_name \extra_info_pages.php on line 577

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\site_name\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 29

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\site_name\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 30

How to fix them ?

Andrew

Hi,

I installed the Extra Infos Page Manager, and got errors :

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\site_name \extra_info_pages.php on line 577

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\site_name\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 29

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\site_name\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 30

How to fix them ?

Andrew

I am not sure about the rightness of this, but in the line 577 I deleted: $info

$bInfo_array = array_merge($pages, $info);

$bInfo = new objectInfo($bInfo_array);

}

all seems to work fine.

Any suggestion?

Umm.... getting an annoying sql error:

1146 - Table 'uni0704403401559.TABLE_PAGES' doesn't exist

select p.pages_id, p.sort_order, p.status, s.pages_title, s.pages_html_text from TABLE_PAGES p LEFT JOIN TABLE_PAGES_DESCRIPTION s on p.pages_id = s.pages_id where p.status = 1 and s.language_id = '1' and p.page_type = 1

[TEP STOP]

It's a pain in the ass because I am looking at the tables within myphpadmin. The attributes of the table are correct. If I try to run the sql file, it says the tables have already been created. But I am getting the error above when I hit my http://universico.com/oscommerce/catalog/index.php

I can look at the admin section for this contribution. I can create a page within the admin section. I'm just getting this issue above.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Umm.... getting an annoying sql error:

1146 - Table 'uni0704403401559.TABLE_PAGES' doesn't exist

select p.pages_id, p.sort_order, p.status, s.pages_title, s.pages_html_text from TABLE_PAGES p LEFT JOIN TABLE_PAGES_DESCRIPTION s on p.pages_id = s.pages_id where p.status = 1 and s.language_id = '1' and p.page_type = 1

[TEP STOP]

It's a pain in the ass because I am looking at the tables within myphpadmin. The attributes of the table are correct. If I try to run the sql file, it says the tables have already been created. But I am getting the error above when I hit my http://universico.com/oscommerce/catalog/index.php

I can look at the admin section for this contribution. I can create a page within the admin section. I'm just getting this issue above.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I figured it out........ I was missing:

open file: catalog/includes/database_tables.php

ADD

define('TABLE_PAGES', 'pages');

define('TABLE_PAGES_DESCRIPTION', 'pages_description');

• 3 weeks later...

I've waded through all 11 pages of this thread and not found a resolution to my problem:

Linking from one of these pages to a product page dumps the osCsid. Am I supposed to add something to the link text to include the osCsid? Currently my links are pretty cut and dried along the lines of product_info.php?products_id=129 but I feel like something is missing to include that osCsid.

What do I need to put in there?

Thank you VERY much to anyone who can help me here.

I've waded through all 11 pages of this thread and not found a resolution to my problem:

Linking from one of these pages to a product page dumps the osCsid. Am I supposed to add something to the link text to include the osCsid? Currently my links are pretty cut and dried along the lines of product_info.php?products_id=129 but I feel like something is missing to include that osCsid.

What do I need to put in there?

Thank you VERY much to anyone who can help me here.

Hi beachdog,

Why would you want to have the sessions id showing in the surf bar anyways? The only time you really want ro use it is to save things like orders. You dont really want to save on your server every page that someone just looks at do you?

Hi beachdog,

Why would you want to have the sessions id showing in the surf bar anyways? The only time you really want ro use it is to save things like orders. You dont really want to save on your server every page that someone just looks at do you?

No, I just want to keep their cart from emptying every time they go to a non-store page. Upon looking at my text above I seem to have omitted that little tidbit. Sorry about that. I'll go drink more coffee now.

Edited by Beachdog

• 2 months later...
YES! :D

I managed to solve the problem! For those of you who have the same problem, this is how I solved it:

In page_manager.php go to line 591 and look for the below code:

$bInfo = new objectInfo($bInfo_array);

Change

into

$bInfo_array = array_merge($pages);

This solved my problem completely! I am now able to create, edit and remove pages at will! B)

====================================================================

!!! BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL FILES BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES !!!

!!! THE USE OF THIS SOLUTION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!

====================================================================

I hope it helps you guys/ladies as well :)

Best regards

Geeraard

This has fixed my problem too! :) Thank you

Hi,

this is a good contribution.

Just a quick question, whenever i goto admin to create a new page, when i enter Abc's as Page title, it will become this: Abc\'s on the Frontend website.

can someone advise please?

many thanks,