• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contribution Issue

Hugo RSF

• 2 weeks later...
hi

i have just install this contribution and i have a problem

i have osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a and i installed Extra pages-info box w-admin 4.6.1 sutikah1 18 Dec 2007

the error message i'm getting is:-

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in F:\wamp\www\oscommerce-2.2rc2a\catalog\admin\extra_info_pages.php on line 540

and in admin\extra_info_pages.php on line 540 is

} else {

thanks

I had this exact same problem and found the solution thanks to http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=296135

I ran into the same error. Looking into the code i found the first <? of many....

When using <? instead of <?php short_open_tag should be ON in php.ini. This is propably not the case. Just replace all <? ino <?php and the code should work fine

You'll find around line 386 a series of about 4 or 5 additions that use <? instead of <?php - find them and change them to <?php and it should solve the issue.

(All brackets/braces are closed.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just installed Extra pages-info box w-admin 4.6.1 and cant get the other languages to funtion correctly.

Dutch is ok

English and other languages i got following messages on my index of the webshop:

Index page for English pages...This text can be changed from the admin section...

I already tried following:

Somebody told me that on php 5.x this contribution is not working. And he found the resolution: He said he replaced

$bInfo_array = array_merge($pages, $info);

with:

$bInfo_array = array_merge($pages, (array) $info);

in the scripts and everything worked fine.. I have not tried this myself but it worths checking if you use PHP 5.x and having problems.

But this doesn't solve the problem for me..

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Rob Veraar

• 1 month later...
I agree. This is a nice Mod but with the lack of useful page title and meaningless URL, it has a long way to go before it adds value to a site.

I am currently working on some code to make it more SEO friendly, however it is not finished yet.

If anyone else has something already please post up!

How are you going with this?

There are a couple of extra features that might be good to add to this Contribution without having to add it manually.

Lifting the 9 pages restriction without having to add extra pages manually (like the addition shown on the previous page).

Possibility of adding an (infobox) heading if you wanted to categorise or group your extra pages.

Eg. If was selling DIY sewing project kits and I had my general information pertaining to the site, but then I wanted to add extra pages of information say under "Sewing Tips" and not show straight under "Information".

In saying that - would anyone have any idea how to do this manually?

• 3 weeks later...

i have done something bad so now the writing area form for customers to contact us is gone.. :( how can i get it back?

i also have regular text above it but i want both...

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly to se that this contrib support thread seems to be so quiet.. does anyone have this contrib and use this: HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.3 ?

I have some problem with it to function with my "other" pages.. works fine with shipping.php and so on..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

i have just installed this contribution but i am getting an error on my website saying:

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/extra_info_pages.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/*****/public_html/includes/column_left.php on line 30

<?php

/*

$Id: column_left.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_categories_box();

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');

}

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_manufacturers_box();

} else {

//include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');

}

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'freegifts.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'whats_new.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'beginners_guide.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'extra_info_pages.php');

?>

Does anyone know what has caused this error.

I am in need for some help.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

im getting this problem Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/webbsy/public_html/palmgaming/includes/application_top.php on line 312 ithe admin side of it works but the index page throws up this error im using STS4 cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I am getting this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/i/k/u/xxxxxx/html/yunnan/admin/extra_info_pages.php on line 367

I had this same error as well with the contribution update added on 6 Jul 2009

The fix that worked for me was:

Download the contribution from 30 Jun 2009

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2021

copy the code from "ep_autoinstaller\files\admin_extra_info_pages.php"

open "admin\extra_info_pages.php" in your website

Delete all the code

and paste the code you copied above

save the file

Note I did not take the time to check to see what was edited in the 30 june 2009 version, if someone else figures it out please post it.

• 4 weeks later...

Im a bit confused by this contribution.

Why is it so important to have fck editor installed? I have it installed but dont get "what you see is what you get", only html.

Also, why do you have to remove TEXT_MAIN from the catalog/index.php? I'd like to keep my index page!

And how do you get the "contact us" form back?

What does it mean at the bottom of the installation instructions by

"TROUBLE SHOOTING

Somebody told me that on php 5.x this contribution is not working. And he found the resolution: He said he replaced

with:

in the scripts and everything worked fine.. I have not tried this myself but it worths checking if you use PHP 5.x and having problems."

I have done searches in every file and only one has "$bInfo_array = array_merge($pages, (array) $info);" ............... ie, it already has (array) in it. (admin/extra_info_pages.php) The instructions gives the impression there are a few instances.

Im a bit confused by this contribution.

Why is it so important to have fck editor installed? I have it installed but dont get "what you see is what you get", only html.

Also, why do you have to remove TEXT_MAIN from the catalog/index.php? I'd like to keep my index page!

And how do you get the "contact us" form back?

What does it mean at the bottom of the installation instructions by

"TROUBLE SHOOTING

with:

in the scripts and everything worked fine.. I have not tried this myself but it worths checking if you use PHP 5.x and having problems."

I have done searches in every file and only one has "$bInfo_array = array_merge($pages, (array) $info);" ............... ie, it already has (array) in it. (admin/extra_info_pages.php) The instructions gives the impression there are a few instances.

Dont worry about it, it doesn't matter now!

• 1 month later...

I had this same error as well with the contribution update added on 6 Jul 2009

The fix that worked for me was:

Download the contribution from 30 Jun 2009

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2021

copy the code from "ep_autoinstaller\files\admin_extra_info_pages.php"

open "admin\extra_info_pages.php" in your website

Delete all the code

and paste the code you copied above

save the file

Note I did not take the time to check to see what was edited in the 30 june 2009 version, if someone else figures it out please post it.

line 367-> <td class="main"><?phpecho tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' '?><select name="page_type" size=1>

to -> <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' '?><select name="page_type" size=1>

I am getting this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/i/k/u/xxxxxx/html/yunnan/admin/extra_info_pages.php on line 367

line 367-> <td class="main"><?phpecho tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' '?><select name="page_type" size=1>

to -> <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' '?><select name="page_type" size=1>

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Just read 18 pages and this hadn't been brought up. I have this contribution installed and using FCKeditor ver 2.6 When I load a very long page, the bottom few lines is being lost, not appearing on the Info Page or back in FCKEditor. I assumed it must be a limitation, but when I reload, each time it reduces the available space and more is lost. Any ideas? I also checked over at FCKeditor with no success.

Thanks Glen

• 1 month later...

hello, I installed this addon and in my Admin Categories another addon I use, the product tabs.

installing this with WYSIWYG HTMLArea (MULTI-LINGUAL) v1.7. in one of the lines of an error. As I do not understand php leave the question here as I proceed.

And I'm installing WYSIWYG_v1.9FR Gyakutsuki 30 Apr 2005

'm spending my categories here for you to help me.

I am grateful and thank you.

// Product Tabs 2.0 Start
           $description_query = tep_db_query("select language_id, products_name, products_description, products_spec, products_musthave, products_extraimage, products_manual, products_extra1, products_moreinfo, products_url from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
// Product Tabs 2.0 End
           while ($description = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query)) {
		  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_spec, products_musthave, products_extraimage, products_manual, products_extra1, products_moreinfo, products_url, products_viewed) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$description['language_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_name']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_spec']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_musthave']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_extraimage']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_manual']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_extra1']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_moreinfo']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_url']) . "', '0')");
// Product Tabs 2.0 End
           }

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$categories_id . "')");
           $products_id = $dup_products_id;
         }

if (USE_CACHE == 'true') {
           tep_reset_cache_block('categories');
           tep_reset_cache_block('also_purchased');
         }
       }

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $categories_id . '&pID=' . $products_id));
       break;
     case 'new_product_preview':
// copy image only if modified
//BOF UltraPics
  if (($HTTP_POST_VARS['unlink_image'] == 'yes') or ($HTTP_POST_VARS['delete_image'] == 'yes')) {
       $products_image = '';
       $products_image_name = '';
       } else {
//EOF UltraPics
// Product Tabs 2.0 End
     case 'new_product_preview': <!-- Error here *****************************************-->
       if (HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DISABLE == 'Disable') {
         // copy image only if modified
       $products_image = new upload('products_image');
       $products_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);
       if ($products_image->parse() && $products_image->save()) {
         $products_image_name = $products_image->filename;
       } else {
         $products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');
       } else {
         if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image'] != 'none')) {
           $products_image_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image'];
         } else {
           $products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');
         }
       }
       break;
   }
 }

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have managed to add this contribution to my website (2.3) but only issue I seem to be having is whenever I am adding a new page I get the following error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\column_left.php:34) in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 34

Any ideas why?

Thanks btw for this contribution.

Click the "Headers already sent" link in my signature.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

germ, thanks for your response. I am guessing you meant the following link:

http://www.oscommerce.info/confluence/display/OSCDOC22/Error+*+Cannot+Add+Header+Information

I have looked through my english.php file and there was a blank link after the last ?> which i deleted (as your example showed) but my error seems to point to the column_left.php which also had an extra line, but the error still shows up? The error also seems to point to line 34, which is the following:

echo '<li><a href="' . $app['link'] . '">' . $app['title'] . '</a></li>';

Any ideas?

Thanks btw for your help. really appreciate it.

Edited by aftabn10

The code appears to be syntactically correct.

Can you post the entire error message?

:unsure:

If the "entire" message is just the "Headers already sent" error then post the entire file please.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

germ thanks for your response. The entire error message that i am getting is the following:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\column_left.php:34) in C:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 34

Also i have attached the entire column_left.php file. Btw thanks for all your help, really appreciate it.

column_left.php

Edited by aftabn10

There's nothing wrong with that file.

I put it on my WAMP server and get no errors.

When you downloaded the contribution did you also download the "bug fix" (a newer version of admin/extra_info_pages.php)?

:unsure:

It's either that, the install directions are incorrect, or you did something you shouldn't have when installing it.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help