• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Applying Different Fixed First Item$X,Additional..

MSP

Hello,

Firstly thank you to everyone who has ever contributed to osC or helped someone with a problem with their osC.

I recently installed the following Contribution:

First Item $X, Additional Items $Y Shipping

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,1852/page,3

Example Part 1:

And this would work perfectly if we were only shipping one type of product. Our Product is Jewelry Box cases and we ship them at $9.50 first item and $3.00 for each addional item. We have used this format for our eBay listings and it has worked great.

However we are slowly expanding our range on our website to include further products, such as Paper Shoppers. Paper Shopper cases are much heavier than Jewelry Box cases, and we would need to ship them at about $20.00 for the first item and $10.00 for each addtional item.

At the moment using this contribution, if we ordered 2 cases of Jewelry Boxes (same size) and 1 case of Paper Shoppers the total comes to $15.50 (9.50+3.00+3.00). However, we really need it to come to $32.50 (9.50+3.00+20.00).

Example Part 2:

In our Jewelry Box & Paper Shopper example above, we sell different sizes of Jewelry Boxes but we combine the shipping on all Jewelry Boxes. So if we ordered 1 case of Small Jewelry Boxes and 1 case of Large Jewelry Boxes the shipping would be $12.50 (9.50+3.00), not $19.00 (9.50+9.50). We would need to define which of our products can be defined as shipped together.

And to the Point of this Thread:

I was wondering there are any contributions or any ways that I could manipulate a contribution to work for my situations listed above. Even if we could just get Example 1 to work and not Example 2, this would be far better than what we have at the moment.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

Regards,

Mark Dodd

Im new to OSCommerce and have gone through the setup and find the shipping modules a bit confusing. My problem seems to be comperable with something in the post so I hope you can help. I have an item that is 7.95 shipping for 1, and each additional item is 1.95 shipping. Which shipping module should I use to best reflect this in my cart? I have messed with options and have had no sucess so far.

Also one other question. I need to have different shipping amounts for different products. Does setting the shipping modules specs make that amount apply to all items in my store? How can I specify a different shipping amount for each item? Is flat rate best to use? or will that amount be displayed for all items.

I am completely lost right now, Thanks in advance for any help. :'(

Kelly Welsh

4Wheelers Supply

4Wheelers.com

[email protected]