• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

meta Tags 3.1 and categories_description_MS2_1.9_1

kuyt211

I had installed The Meta Tags 3.1 contiribution and it works just great. However, I wanted to also use the categories_description_MS2_1.9_1 contribution as well. <br><br>

When I installed the categories_description_MS2_1.9_1 it over took the meta tag contribution and now I can only use it ( Unless I reinstall the Meta Tags). After much investigating, I have come to the conclusion that is is only the admin/categories.php file changes that appears to be in conflict.

<br><br>

Is there anyway I can modify the code to include both contributions? :'(

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Julie

I don't have an answer for your current problem, but you may want to consider installing the more powerful Header Tags Controller. It will do the job of both of the above and more.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 months later...

We've used the categories description module for a while now and as such have a fair amount of data inputted so I'm loathe to change.

Has anyone managed to integrate these two contributions? It would be really handy if anyone could help.

Thanks

Steve

Yes, I combined the two on a site I worked on (by two I am referring to Header Tags and Categories Description). In index.php, instead of the changes made by Header Tags for the descriptions (where it replaces HEADING_TITLE), use the code for categories description. The best way to handle admin is to install an option to switch between the two so that the required data for both can be entered.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons