• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Modules - Zone Based

www.comicsmart.co.uk

I am a new osCommerce user based in the UK and have limited technical ability. There do not seem to be any pre-set shipping modles suitable for UK users (such as Royal Mail). I sell products of different weights to all round the world. My shipping charges therefore need to be weight based and zone based.

There is a zone based shipping system which I could use were it not for the fact I only seem to be able to set up one shipping zone model. I need to be able to set up different weight based shipping tables to different shipping zones: such as UK, Europe, USA & Canada, All Other Countries.

I see I can, for example,use Zone based shipping for UK and Table based shipping for all other countries, but that is still not giving me accurate enough shipping calculations.

I would be most grateful for any help.

Go to the 'Contributions' link at the top of the forum pages and search for Royal Mail -- you should find a few options.

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Thanks for your help Terry.

That royal module has bugs. You can view the problems people are facing by using it by going to its support forums.

I also need royal mail shipping methods. After some search and reading, I came to know ( i might be wrong ) that I can use the Additional Shipping Zones contribution in some way to get my task done. Not too sure, but I'll give it a try. Again Royal mail module is buggy.

You can try the state based rates contrib.

I use two versions to provide ground and air rates for 11 regions in north america.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ion+based+rates

Jeremy

It says state based, but your regional can be any regional grouping you choose.

Edited by Jeremy at oddly enough