• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN Notification URL setup.

freddyboy

4 hours and counting and I still can't find a clear answer to this.

PayPal IPN Notification URL. How do I create one? I found this answer but I do not have this file.

It should point to the location of the script that will process your transactions. If you are using the PayPal IPN Payment Module, it should point to the location of the paypal_notify.php file. <---- I do not have this file. I have the latest PayPal Mod installed.

Straight from the Manual

To set up IPN:

1. Log in to your Business or Premier PayPal account.

2. Click the Profile subtab.

3. Click the Instant Payment Notification Preferences link in the Selling

Preferences column.

4. Click Edit.

5. Click the checkbox and enter the URL at which you would like to receive your

IPN Notifications.6. Click Save.

Whe you use one of the PayPal IPN contributions you do not need to set IPN or url at PayPal. When the customer is transfered to PayPal by the module, it sends the approriate information to PayPal.

Rik Rasmussen

Like I said above

"When you use one of the PayPal IPN contributions you do not need to set IPN or url at PayPal."

The PayPal IPN module does that automatically each time a transaction is sent.

Edited by RikR

Rik Rasmussen

Rik my friend,

I have read several of your helpful posts today. This one has got my baffled I went to paypal to turn on IPN but this particular screen does not let you not

put a URL in???

PLease cclik image to see what I mean:

http://www.africabythebay.com/paypal.jpg

Ignore that, you do not need to do anything at PayPal except have an account for the money to go into.

Rik Rasmussen

Rik,

Thanks for the Email reply. I may contact you later.

Insofar as these fields. Do all these fields need to be filled in or is one or the other? Meaning I have a private key and a public certificate use those Or I do not have a private key and a public certificate so attain them from paypal.

Your Private Key

The location and filename of your private key to use for signing the order data.

Your Public Certificate

The location and filename of your public certificate to use for signing the order data.

PayPals Public Certificate

The location and filename of the PayPal public key to use for encrypting the order data.

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

The public certificate ID that PayPal should use to decrypt the encrypted order data.

If you turn on encrytion you will need to fill in all of these.

See the other topic I linked in my last message above for details.

So your're going to make me go back to the dungen. Did I mention I just spent nearly 4 hours on this? My brain is fried! :'( ok I will show the presistance of a true American and not cry anymore.

Thanks Again Rik :thumbsup:

• 11 months later...
Like I said, we have covered all this here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=124298&hl=ipn

:D

Rik,

when I click the url you provided , it takes me back to front page of the oscommerce forums. Do you know where are the osCommerce instructions for how to get paypal ipn to work?

Knowlegebase says nothing about paypal ipn. The forums have thousands of pages on paypal ipn. So much for being " This module was built to be as simple as possible without having the need to touch core codebase files or database changes for installation and usage. "

Yes, and I am having trouble with mine, I have osc core paypal ipn 1.1 installed and when customers hit confirm, they get this error;

cannot rediclare class order_total in/home/prospect/public/_html/catalog/classes/order_total php on line 13

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Doug

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...