• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change Admin Password

the configure.php file password is the password to your database.

change that and your store will be blocked from accessing the database.

you want to change or create a password for the admin folder....

that is done by .htaccess

login to your web host cpanel or vdeck or whatever you use and look for passwod protect directory.

edit for spelling. :-"

• 3 weeks later...

I found by .htaccess file, but >_< the info in this file did not contain anything about a username or password. (file not visible using ftp - only visible by using web admin page)

I did find another file called .htpasswd that did have a username and I assume password, but >_< the password looks like it is incrypted.

File format example: username:8PUdFWyPsPRUk

Now what? Can I just throw plain text for the password?

ie robguay:test

Help Please!

I found by .htaccess file, but >_< the info in this file did not contain anything about a username or password.? (file not visible using ftp - only visible by using web admin page)

I did find another file called .htpasswd that did have a username and I assume password, but? >_< the password looks like it is incrypted.

File format example: username:8PUdFWyPsPRUk

Now what? Can I just throw plain text for the password?

ie robguay:test

Help Please!

Your host should have a "Directory Password Protection" feature (or similar), if not try this free .htaccess/.htpasswd generator http://www.htmlite.com/HTA006.php

• 3 years later...

I have no idea what the htaccess file has to do with the administrator password. If your admin panel is locked out because you dont know your username or password, here is what you can do.

Open mysql and look in the administrators table. You will see a username and an encrypted password. Now you have your username.

To get a working password, create a normal user in oscommerce as a typical shopper and remember that password. Now go find that user in the customers table.

Copy the encrypted password from the customers table into the the password of for the user in the administrators tables.

Now log into your admin panel with a username and password that you know.

• 2 years later...

Archived