• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Australian Shipping... Advanced.

Rexel99

I have implemented the Auspost services and they are working correctly but I am limited with options for large packages.

We provide products anything up to (and potentially beyond) 25Kg, the Auspost limits me to 3 or 5 Kg and simply returns and shipping calc error when the cart includes a heavier product.

I tried the UPS option, and they do service australia but the config/supplied zip/country codes cause an error with UPS's shipping calculations as provided in the scripts. Online with UPS they provided a rate calculation that worked ok for this.

Once this error comes up, the continue doesnt function, it returns back to the shipping selection. I would even be happy if the client could make the purchase without a shipping price calculated but the client cant even get past this error and continue to payment.

So now I am hoping you can help me with what to do.

I could setup table/basic shipping costs but this hardly allows for shipping locally (aus) and overseas rates and issues through a single option system. Perhaps I need to duplicate 'table rate' into multiple and differently named scripts and set them up accordingly.

Or preferably, if there is a module/patch that allowed an Aussie transport company (UPS, TNT, Toll etc) to work with the system for australian conditions.

(P.S. I tried the available Toll module and that doesnt seem to work at all).

Thanks all, Rex.

Use Auspost v2.02 with the fix file

You can get it in contributions

set your configuration up like this

1. everything has to be done in kgs

2. max shipping weight has to be set at "20" (kg) in admin - configuration - shipping/packaging

3. Tare weight must be set at 0

4. Large package must be 0

If you set it up like this it will divide the pakages into 20kg lots and charge accordingly. Australia Posts maximum pakage size is 20kg

Here are a couple of posts to read up on

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...06entry507606

Thanks for that information, I will try some of the config options you mentioned and it will help.

Unfortunatley our main product does exceed 20Kgs (it's provided as a pet feed as a 25Kg bag) so this wont be a complete solution. Hopefully something else is our there that provides options for quoted courier/shipping company (Like UPS) services too.

• 3 weeks later...

set your configuration up like this

1. everything has to be done in kgs

2. max shipping weight has to be set at "20" (kg) in admin - configuration - shipping/packaging

3. Tare weight must be set at 0

4. Large package must be 0

If you set it up like this it will divide the pakages into 20kg lots and charge accordingly.  Australia Posts maximum pakage size is 20kg

has this contrib disappeared ? Auspost v2.02

I cannot find it ?

Geoff - of course it could just be me !

Geoff

Telegraph Point 2441

Australia