• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Review Approval Sys 1.2 (MS2) Contr. Error - HELP!

tbird22

I am just about ready to launch my store and was adding some contributions that I feel would be good for the store. After adding the contribution "Review Approval System 1.2 (MS2)." and following the instructions concerning the this contribution at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...approval+system

I get this error message in the admin section under 'REVIEWS':

"1054 - Unknown column 'approved' in 'field list'

select reviews_id, products_id, date_added, last_modified, reviews_rating, approved from reviews order by date_added DESC limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

and I get this message in the 'REVIEWS' Section on my stores homepage:

1054 - Unknown column 'r.approved' in 'where clause'

select r.reviews_id, r.reviews_rating, p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name from reviews r, reviews_description rd, products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = r.products_id and r.reviews_id = rd.reviews_id and rd.languages_id = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and r.approved = '1' order by r.reviews_id desc limit 10

[TEP STOP]

I have a launch day of today and would truly want this contribution added to my store. In the README file it states:

Execute the review_approve.sql query, which will add the "approved" column to

the reviews table.

I think this probably is where the mistake is at, but I'm not sure how to 'execute' this file. If someone can please show me some direction, I would greatly appreciate it and my store can open as scheduled. PLEASE HELP!!!!

• 2 months later...
I am just about ready to launch my store and was adding some contributions that I feel would be good for the store.  After adding the contribution "Review Approval System 1.2 (MS2)." and following the instructions concerning the this contribution at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...approval+system

I get this error message in the admin section under 'REVIEWS':

"1054 - Unknown column 'approved' in 'field list'

select reviews_id, products_id, date_added, last_modified, reviews_rating, approved from reviews order by date_added DESC limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

and I get this message in the 'REVIEWS' Section on my stores homepage:

1054 - Unknown column 'r.approved' in 'where clause'

select r.reviews_id, r.reviews_rating, p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name from reviews r, reviews_description rd, products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = r.products_id and r.reviews_id = rd.reviews_id and rd.languages_id = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and r.approved = '1' order by r.reviews_id desc limit 10

[TEP STOP]

I have a launch day of today and would truly want this contribution added to my store.  In the README file it states:

Execute the review_approve.sql query, which will add the "approved" column to

the reviews table.

I think this probably is where the mistake is at, but I'm not sure how to 'execute' this file.  If someone can please show me some direction, I would greatly appreciate it and my store can open as scheduled.  PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi Anthon,

hopefully you have managed somehow to solve the problem. I'm new here and I don't know how to execurte a sql query. In the readme file of product review it says: "1) Execute the review_approve.sql query, which will add the "approved" column to the reviews table. If you want a newly written review be approved by default, change the "DEFAULT 0" to DEFAULT "1", otherwise no need to change. "

Can you or anyone shed some light please? Thanks a lot :blink:

you need access to your mysql database in order to execute the sql query, either via your hosts control panel or via something like phpmyadmin. Then just 'run sql query' or 'execute sql query' or similar. Copy and paste the sql command in and hit enter.

Edited by adiwillow

Review Approval System - I have installed this contribution.

But it does not accept the exisiting reviews. All new reviews are shown after it is approved through the admin section. But the existing reviews even after approving it in the admin section does not show in the review box.

Can anybody help me get my old customer reviews to be approved.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...