• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

3 Security Digits on CC

TCwho

Hello everyone,

I am using the default CC Module, and have noticed there is not place to put those 3 Security Digits found on the back of the actual customers credit card. From another shop I put up, I remeber specifically for example for Visa Cards you must record the 3 digits to protect yourself against fraud..and you could not save the 3 digits etc....

I have searched all payment modules at contributions page, but I can not find any 'update' to default osC CC Module.

Does anyone know how to accept those 3 digits? and also maybe to put dropdown box for credit cards that are accepted(for customer to choose while entering their credit card info).

-TCwho-

Hmm, one more question. Now I was gonna put up some logos and state which credit cards we accept and such, but I am confused, will the default osC CC module accept all credit cards? Which credit cards is it setup to accetp? How can you code wise limit which credit cards it processes?

@OceanRanch: Thank You

-TCwho-

Hey Mibble!

Hmm well at contributions page, I get 12 results for authorizenet . Which one is it? And what about the authorizenet module that comes stock with osC?

We will only be using our Merchant account with our Bank to process Credit cards btw.

:::Edited:::

'When you have a queston, ask those who know'

@Mibble: are you familar with the cvv in cc.php contribution?

Edited by TCwho

oops. I updated the cc_validation.php file, but realized it is conflicting with the cvv in cc.php contribution I just added maybe less than 2 hours ago.... which is throwing some wrenches in my plan... the cvv in cc.php contrib is not poping up the popup when someone doesnt enter cvv .... which I was going back over my notes and code to see if I messed up somewhere, and when I updated the cc_validation file... if I dont add a cvv it will still accept and go to next page, but now I get :

Warning: Missing argument 5 for validate() in /homepages/15/d113630270/htdocs/catalog/includes/classes/cc_validation.php on line 20

which happens to be:

function validate($number, $expiry_m, $expiry_y, $cvv, $cr_card_type) {
     $this->cc_number = ereg_replace('[^0-9]', '', $number);

wowzers! I need to take a step back......maybe cus its 2:30am

4:37AM

Ok, must be mistake in directions installing cvv in cc.php contrib ... just compared files with files included in contrib... now everything working ok!

And just finish replacing again cc_validation ...and everything working ok! Error was due to first contrib not installed properly.

Everything so far so good!

Gracias Mibble

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I needed the same CVV addon so I followed all the directions here. Everything works great but we just stumbled upon an error.

When you login and try to view a processed order we get this error when it tries to load account_history_info.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1054 - Unknown column 'cvvnumber' in 'field list'

select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, cvvnumber, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from orders where orders_id = '18'

[TEP STOP]

----------------------------------------------------------

I understand the error, the addon added cvvnumber and there is no such field in account_history_info.php... I just dont know how to fix it or what code to add to the file.

Any help would be great, thanks guys!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I also installed this contribution, but when I go to view the order in the admin section, the place where the CVV number should be is just blank. Does anyone know what might be causing that?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am also having the same problem and am having trouble figuring out why it is blank when I go to look at the orders. I receive no errors and in the database it is also blank for the CVV number?

Matt, would you mind sharing what you did to get it working? I am having the same problem - it lets you enter a number in the order process stage but the it's blank in the admin.

Has anyone else figured out what's wrong?

WG

Jesse Rochman

Well, I solved it. I used WinMerge to go through the files line by line and I missed adding something to the catalog/includes/classes/order.php file. Everything is now working fine.

quote=jrochman,May 29 2005, 11:38 AM]

I am also having the same problem and am having trouble figuring out why it is blank when I go to look at the orders. I receive no errors and in the database it is also blank for the CVV number?

Jesse Rochman