• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cDynamic Meta Tags

clarocque

I installed "cDynamic_Meta_Tags v1.6" and every thing was working fine. But when I installed another contribution "Ultimate Seo Urls (19 Jul 2008)" My store description has stopped displaying on all the pages including index page. I have rchecked every thing but I am unable to find the solution. Will anybody help me ??????????????????????????????????

Edited by shaka

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having the same problem too. I installed Ultimate SEO and it works. After that I installed cDynamic Meta Tags and it did not work. :(

@Ben

Any reason why you choose Header Tag compare to cDynamic Meta Tags?

Edited by clarenceloh

I've use cDynamic, and configured it according to the directions. I am still not seeing any meta tags on any page. the site is www.hapkidogear.com

here is my meta_tags.php:

The code was writen for osCommerce not magento. If you want meta tags for that your looking in the wrong place.

<meta name="keywords" content="Magento, Varien, E-commerce" />

I am having the same problem too. I installed Ultimate SEO and it works. After that I installed cDynamic Meta Tags and it did not work. :(

@Ben

Any reason why you choose Header Tag compare to cDynamic Meta Tags?

Hi Clarence

I decided to change over to Header Tags mainly due to the fact that it gives you greater control over your Meta Tags. I also changed due to the fact that this contribution (whilst very good, easy install and simple) lacked any real support and hadn't been updated for a while. Header Tags seems to be the better contribution if you are interested in seriously trying to optimise your pages for search engines.

Also, Jack_mcs created Header Tags and he is clearly very knowledgeable with lots of other useful contributions. He also provides full support and often updates his contributions. His contributions always have a professional approach so I thought this would be the best way to go as I look to upgrade and promote my site more.

However, Header Tags also has a number of problems. The install instructions are clear, but it is still a long and complicated install (cDynamic is so simple which is why I used it originally). Also there are a few bugs and the title tags for your index page also show up on category pages.

But still, if you are looking for a simple solution, which is most likely to work without any hassle I would recommend cDynamic Meta Tags.

I have installed cDynamic_Meta_Tags v1.6 on my site and it was working fine, but than I installed anothr contribution "Ultimate Seo Urls (19 Jul 2008)" and though Ultimate Seo Urls (19 Jul 2008) is working fine but cDynamic_Meta_Tags v1.6 have stopped working. Can anybody help ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Use version 1.5 posted bt GLcustoms Jan 22 2006( it shows it is 1.0 but it is 1.5. you will also need the fix 1.5a) and UltimateSEO version 2.1d posted on Feb 23 2008 by FWR.

Use version 1.5 posted bt GLcustoms Jan 22 2006( it shows it is 1.0 but it is 1.5. you will also need the fix 1.5a) and UltimateSEO version 2.1d posted on Feb 23 2008 by FWR.

Thank you I used your suggestion and installed version 1.5 and every thing started working fine.

Thanks again

Edited by shaka

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm looking for a code modification that will allow for displaying both the category name and subcategory name (when in a subcategory) at the same time in the title for cDynamic Meta Tags Version 1.3?

Currently, either only the category name or subcategory name is displayed.

Can anyone please share with me how to do this?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dreamlab

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I just tried this contribution with php5 (safe mode on) and mysql 5, and everytime i edit, change status or add a product, the following appears:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in F:\xampp\htdocs\test\admin\includes\reset_meta_cache.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at F:\xampp\htdocs\test\admin\includes\reset_meta_cache.php:36) in F:\xampp\htdocs\test\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 67

The problem seems to be here:

# DO NOT ALTER OR EDIT BELOW THIS LINE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING #
foreach (glob($meta_cache_files_path."{*.meta-cache}", GLOB_BRACE) as $filename_page) {
   unlink($filename_page);
   }

Thanks.

Im having this problem also... has anybody figured a fix out for this as yet? I dont really wanna roll back my PHP/mySQL upgrade

Any help would be much appreciated

Baz

• 4 weeks later...

how could i leave just the description of the product/category ?

I mean to have <PRODUCT NAME> as title not <PRODUCT NAME> <STORE NAME>

AND ALSO on the main page i have this

<META NAME="Description" Content="Toys Zoix - Online Toys Shop -"> How could i change this to a stable or for example not to be the same as title. I have a What's new box, and i would like to take the content from there

sorry if it already has been asked!

Edited by dan113

Running cDynamic_Meta_Tags v1.6 and sometimes get this SQL error:

Errno: 1062

Error: Duplicate entry '70565053ded90650b4b13ac716d2969b-4' for key 1

Query: insert into cache (cache_id, cache_language_id, cache_name, cache_data, cache_global, cache_gzip, cache_method, cache_date, cache_expires) values ('70565053ded90650b4b13ac716d2969b', '4', '_catalog_product_info.php_products_id=604.meta-cache', 'lVNNjxMxDL3zK6yeQ0ECiUt3pdWuxIGvFQvcPRM3Y5rEIyczZar98Xgoi6all7051rOf/fyyqVwjXd9HzJXgYSqVEnzCsiOFRzhNP8J7OnDb1ZH0IBo4B/CYqFxA3qkEtmbKP+Gb9D1p2bw6cr3YJKoI2SqvVjdD7URXcCvGn+vV6kLh6vqk5H5oIpeOnld1K/2kHLr6LK47Kq1yX1nyou5Ulr9qjZhhi43yzqT8T7nvGii3BD/E9LPZTZoYKT9JbYrAl0QB4Q28fQ0pwoMBKniCQJ66yStWIrV3N7AHzlAqYgVJM2acuzZoRyywNxjYLRc

kxjPfqzqPeXewi3giSNyqQI9aeUexuFFEgSiv1+szwT/QtBf1ZaFAf/RLOfol/fGLs1Ev2sPBCdyBP5rjXzC7xAGVTnrDom6H5KDBZnKwHXJmKk9pQ5KDFj3hYMnRAvUYHCQxmY5hGyWUs

xVs3DBgoMUKnz+eYVQaqcslOXv6ZSNIjLI/A3+lkQvXlzdb8/ii6zv7EdPM/hs=', '0', '1', 'RETURN', '2008-10-28 07:13:25', '2008-11-27 07:13:25')

Anyone recognize this issue?

Could it be the case that the same page/product is loading twice? And thus cached twice?

I'm thinking about a workaround to redo the $cache->get_cache($meta_cache_file) before $cache->save_cache($meta_cache_file....)

Thanks in advance,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I've fixed the duplicate Meta-description and duplicate Meta-keywords issue in the includes\meta-tags.php and uploaded this fix to the contribution section here: cDynamic Meta Tags v1.5.1.

I've also changed the includes/function/meta.php and set the meta_create_title to 99 instead of 77, wich was to short in most cases.

Changed also is the includes/meta_tags.php where the Meta-description on the index.php will show both Store-description and Store-index-description.

If you do not like that then please change line 241 to 243 in the includes/meta_tags.php so it will show:

//tep_not_null(HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL) && $default==true
//  ? $desc.=' - '.STORE_METDEX
//  : NULL;

Hope you find use in my changes ;)

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

I installed "cDynamic_Meta_Tags v1.6" and every thing was working fine. But when I installed another contribution "Ultimate Seo Urls (19 Jul 2008)" My store description has stopped displaying on all the pages including index page. I have rchecked every thing but I am unable to find the solution. Will anybody help me ??????????????????????????????????

I am using "cDynamic_Meta_Tags v1.6" with "Ultimate Seo Urls (19 Jul 2008)" with no problems, I prefer it to 1.5.

You just need to change.

<?php

# cDynamic Meta Tags

/*<title><?php echo TITLE; ?>*/

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'meta_tags.php');

#

?>

To this.

<?php

ob_start();

# cDynamic Meta Tags

/*<title><?php echo TITLE; ?>*/

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'meta_tags.php');

$preventDuplicates->checkTarget(ob_get_clean());

echo $preventDuplicates->finalMeta . "\n";

?>

I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I have installed cDynamic Meta Tags 1.5 on oscommerce version 2.2RC2. I have a problem and I have searched all on this forum. When you load up my website it just says hxxp://tbourke-solutions.com/store/. When it used to say TB.

What I want it to say is TB - Solutions Store Online.

website address is

hxxp://tbourke-solutions.com/store/

It happinds with index.php, Product reviews,

The websites that dont have it included with is Contact Us, Conditions of Use.

Thanks In Advanced

Toby

Hey guys, I have installed cDynamic Meta Tags 1.5 on oscommerce version 2.2RC2. I have a problem and I have searched all on this forum. When you load up my website it just says hxxp://tbourke-solutions.com/store/. When it used to say TB.

What I want it to say is TB - Solutions Store Online.

website address is

hxxp://tbourke-solutions.com/store/

It happinds with index.php, Product reviews,

The websites that dont have it included with is Contact Us, Conditions of Use.

Thanks In Advanced

Toby

Been a while since I looked at this but I (think I) remember that this is taken from the STORE_NAME define in admin.

Been a while since I looked at this but I (think I) remember that this is taken from the STORE_NAME define in admin.

Thats what I have changed but it is not working

Admin>My Store>"Store Name"

Thats what I have changed but it is not working

Admin>My Store>"Store Name"

It also has caching options .. have you cleared the cache after you changed STORE_NAME?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there

I have recently installed cdynamic metatags 1.5.1 and has helped my URL titles heaps but still the following issues:

1. index.php at www.gameuniverse.co.nz/index outputs the following source code:

<title>PC Games - Game Universe - STORE_METDEX - STORE_DESCRIPT</title>

<META NAME="Description" Content="PC Games - Game Universe STORE_METDEX - STORE_DESCRIPT">

<META NAME="Keywords" Content="store_keyword,">

My configuration store name is "PC Games - Game Universe"but how do I get rid of "STORE_METDEX - STORE_DESCRIPT"?

2. For product_info.php at http://gameuniverse.co.nz/battlefield2thec...game-p-194.html outputs following source code:

<title>Battlefield 2 - The Complete Collection (PC Game) van Electronic Arts - PC Games - Game Universe -</title>

<META NAME="Description" Content="Battlefield 2 - The Complete Collection (PC Game) (Ages 16+) van Electronic Arts - Lock and load, soldier! Head out to the frontlines of the 21st century with the original Battlefield 2 plus the Battlefield 2 Special Forces...">

<META NAME="Keywords" Content="battlefield 2 - the complete collection (pc game), ages 16+, pc games, first person shooter, store_keyword">

Rather than

Battlefield 2 - The Complete Collection (PC Game) van Electronic Arts - PC Games - Game Universe
I would prefer the title as follows:
PC Games - Game Universe. Battlefield - The Complete Collection (PC Game) van Electronic Arts

If you can help me tidy this up I will be your friend forever

Kind regards

Brent

• 3 weeks later...

hi before i install this can someone tell me what these below are for

stylesheet

changelog

also i got the new update that just come out and it says overwritethe includes/meta_tags.php but its not the same file name so how can it overwrite the new file is called reset_meta_cache

Edited by airbrushmaster

• 4 weeks later...
I only want to have dynamic meta tags, not dynamic titles or descriptions (already covered by another contribution/custom made).

Is this possible? Thanks a lot.

Mistake. I only want to have dynamic keywords, the rest should stay it´s way.

btw, why can´t I edit my own posting? Damn.

Edited by sidobush

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to this and have recently installed version 1.5.1 and I can't figure out with it does the following:

In search engine results it lists meta description as: Versa Coverage bij Nissan Warranty Store - Selling....

Where is the "bij" coming from and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks in advance

I am having the same problems, how did you solve this thanks

Hi there

I have recently installed cdynamic metatags 1.5.1 and has helped my URL titles heaps but still the following issues:

1. index.php at www.gameuniverse.co.nz/index outputs the following source code:

<title>PC Games - Game Universe - STORE_METDEX - STORE_DESCRIPT</title>

<META NAME="Description" Content="PC Games - Game Universe STORE_METDEX - STORE_DESCRIPT">

<META NAME="Keywords" Content="store_keyword,">

My configuration store name is "PC Games - Game Universe"but how do I get rid of "STORE_METDEX - STORE_DESCRIPT"?

2. For product_info.php at http://gameuniverse.co.nz/battlefield2thec...game-p-194.html outputs following source code:

<title>Battlefield 2 - The Complete Collection (PC Game) van Electronic Arts - PC Games - Game Universe -</title>

<META NAME="Description" Content="Battlefield 2 - The Complete Collection (PC Game) (Ages 16+) van Electronic Arts - Lock and load, soldier! Head out to the frontlines of the 21st century with the original Battlefield 2 plus the Battlefield 2 Special Forces...">

<META NAME="Keywords" Content="battlefield 2 - the complete collection (pc game), ages 16+, pc games, first person shooter, store_keyword">

Rather than I would prefer the title as follows:

If you can help me tidy this up I will be your friend forever

Kind regards

Brent