• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cDynamic Meta Tags

clarocque

In case I didn't make it clear to all....

It is the third step that is bugging me...

My mainpage.tpl.php page does not look the same as the regular installation instructions or the CREinstallation instructions....

My mainpage.tpl.php that has <title>...</ti..tle> looks different than the instructions.

Here is the top portion of my mainpage.tpl.php look like:

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php'); ?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php /* echo HTML_PARAMS; */ ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'meta_tags.php'); ?>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<meta name="description" content="<?php echo META_TAG_DESCRIPTION; ?>" >
<meta name="keywords" content="<?php echo META_TAG_KEYWORDS; ?>" >
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo (bts_select('stylesheet','stylesheet.css')); // BTSv1.5 ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo (bts_select('stylesheet','main_layout.css')); // BTSv1.5 ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo (bts_select('stylesheet','print.css')); // BTSv1.5 ?>" media="print">
<style type="text/css">
<!--
<?php

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure as I have never looked at STS, it does work with BTS - if I get a chane I will take a look at STS and see what is different.

With out looking at it I believe the only difference for BTS is step 3, instead of having to do all pages you only have to do one tpl page.

I will try to look at STS soon.

Chris

Hi Chris...

I have a bts template and the only step that is different is step 3. However, my mainpage.tpl.php page is different than the one in the CREinstallation instructions. And I don't know what to change and what to change it to. So this really has me scratching my head. Can you help? Here is my first few line of my mainpage.tpl.php page:

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo (bts_select('stylesheet','stylesheet.css')); // BTSv1.5 ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo (bts_select('stylesheet','main_layout.css')); // BTSv1.5 ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo (bts_select('stylesheet','print.css')); // BTSv1.5 ?>" media="print">
<style type="text/css">
<!--
<?php

Thanks for your time,

Janet

Hi Chris...

I have a bts template and the only step that is different is step 3. However, my mainpage.tpl.php page is different than the one in the CREinstallation instructions. And I don't know what to change and what to change it to. So this really has me scratching my head. Can you help? Here is my first few line of my mainpage.tpl.php page:

<head>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
<?php

Thanks for your time,

Janet

Janet I do not think anyone is listening to our cries in the woods :-). I need help too with this contribution.

Janet I do not think anyone is listening to our cries in the woods :-). I need help too with this contribution.

Yes I know....I don't think anyone is listening. It usually doesn't take so long for a reply...but it is the holidays...so I am trying to be patient. In the meantime, I have left this post all over oscommerce....hoping someone will have ran into this before. I have tried several things as far as changing the code...but what I am doing...just doesn't seem to do the trick.

Yes I know....I don't think anyone is listening. It usually doesn't take so long for a reply...but it is the holidays...so I am trying to be patient. In the meantime, I have left this post all over oscommerce....hoping someone will have ran into this before. I have tried several things as far as changing the code...but what I am doing...just doesn't seem to do the trick.

I so want to get my site up an running. i have worked hard on the site desing and adding products. I just need ot market it now by SEOing it. You know I was quoted an arm and leg for a consultant to do this (the sponsor you see on this page), $7500. I said oh wow. I mean I know it is expensive..but almost $8K. But I used to work for a company and they were haivng their website optimized and they were paying $6K a month to keep the thing in the top of google's listings. I wish there was an inexpensive way to do this. I am just starting out and I do not have alot of money to spend on promotion.

PS I am sorry for posting this, I am sure you got an email alert someone responded to the forums. Its no one just me, ranting !!!

I so want to get my site up an running. i have worked hard on the site desing and adding products. I just need ot market it now by SEOing it. You know I was quoted an arm and leg for a consultant to do this (the sponsor you see on this page), $7500. I said oh wow. I mean I know it is expensive..but almost $8K. But I used to work for a company and they were haivng their website optimized and they were paying $6K a month to keep the thing in the top of google's listings. I wish there was an inexpensive way to do this. I am just starting out and I do not have alot of money to spend on promotion.

PS I am sorry for posting this, I am sure you got an email alert someone responded to the forums. Its no one just me, ranting !!!

I understand. I bought this site fairly cheap from a guy. It had terrible search engine rankings. After doing alot of research, I found this $400 software that helps you to manually submit to search engines. You still have to check your information carefully before click the submit button...because computers do make mistakes. But after using this software...the site I bought is now 1 and 2nd in the search engines on some of my keywords. It took me 6 months to save for it though (this was when I was starting out). I also spent about 4 months compiling a long list free search engines and free directories I could submit to. I also spent alot of time studing how search engines work, metatags and why title/decriptions/keywords & why content is important.

There is this advertising/submission company that contacts me about once every few months offering me the same service I describe above... that I figured out on my own... for $150 per month OR $1500 per year. That is crazy.

More importantly, I have learned from any website I have ever built...it takes about 1 to 2 years to work your way up through search engine rankings to even start to get any sales. So, you have to be in it for the long haul. I give a hosting company $120 per year for hosting space that holds 5 websites. Then I use oscommerce to build the sites..that is free. While I wait for my site to work it's way up through search engine rankings once it is done...I build another site so I am not wasting time.

To date, I have built 8 sites in 8 years. 4 sites for me, 2 for my husband, 1 for my 16 year old and 1 for my 13 year old. I learn it all...then I teach it to my kids and husband.

I still have a full time job. And I love the challenge of building sites. I am still not making the big bucks I dreamed of. But with my profits last year... we put in an inground pool. And it bought Christmas this year.

My first two sites I built were html. However, every site after that has been oscommerce. The php code is still frustrating for me to understand sometimes. But it is worth it to learn it. And I believe SEO is the most important thing you can spend your time on. So it is worth to wait for a response from others in this forum and try to figure out contributions like cDynamics...etc....and how they work.

So hang in there....of course...All statements above are solely me opinions on what I have learned...nothing more.

And if anyone out there knows how to make cDynamics work with BTS template...please respond....Thanks.

I understand. I bought this site fairly cheap from a guy. It had terrible search engine rankings. After doing alot of research, I found this $400 software that helps you to manually submit to search engines. You still have to check your information carefully before click the submit button...because computers do make mistakes. But after using this software...the site I bought is now 1 and 2nd in the search engines on some of my keywords. It took me 6 months to save for it though (this was when I was starting out). I also spent about 4 months compiling a long list free search engines and free directories I could submit to. I also spent alot of time studing how search engines work, metatags and why title/decriptions/keywords & why content is important.

There is this advertising/submission company that contacts me about once every few months offering me the same service I describe above... that I figured out on my own... for $150 per month OR $1500 per year. That is crazy.

More importantly, I have learned from any website I have ever built...it takes about 1 to 2 years to work your way up through search engine rankings to even start to get any sales. So, you have to be in it for the long haul. I give a hosting company $120 per year for hosting space that holds 5 websites. Then I use oscommerce to build the sites..that is free. While I wait for my site to work it's way up through search engine rankings once it is done...I build another site so I am not wasting time.

To date, I have built 8 sites in 8 years. 4 sites for me, 2 for my husband, 1 for my 16 year old and 1 for my 13 year old. I learn it all...then I teach it to my kids and husband.

I still have a full time job. And I love the challenge of building sites. I am still not making the big bucks I dreamed of. But with my profits last year... we put in an inground pool. And it bought Christmas this year.

My first two sites I built were html. However, every site after that has been oscommerce. The php code is still frustrating for me to understand sometimes. But it is worth it to learn it. And I believe SEO is the most important thing you can spend your time on. So it is worth to wait for a response from others in this forum and try to figure out contributions like cDynamics...etc....and how they work.

So hang in there....of course...All statements above are solely me opinions on what I have learned...nothing more.

And if anyone out there knows how to make cDynamics work with BTS template...please respond....Thanks.

It sounds encouraging. Could you PM me the name of the softare you are referring to and I will look into it. I have contacted a copany charging $120/month for the service you descirbe. It seemed an ok charge form e in the short run while I figured things out on my own. I rather spedn some money now and get my search engine rankings up while learning in the background. I can see what they are doing by observing the code, correct? Do you have any resources that you found helpful in learning about search engines and how they work and meta tags etc. Again, PM me the info, lets not take up precious space on the forums.

Thanks,

Amer

asapcellphones.ca

• 3 weeks later...

Do not use the 1.6 version!

It is incomplete, you also need the 1.5 version.

The GUI added in 1.6 does not work even with the changes mentioned on page 15 of this topic.

The 1.5 version works great!

Edited by i2Paq

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

• 1 month later...

Hello, I installed the version 1.4, it's great, but...i wonder if is posible to it's appear the product_description (first 40 characters) instead of the product_name in product_info.php. I hope anyone can help me. Thanks!!

Hernán

Hi

I've just installed version 1.6.

I have a problem when i try to change the cache type in the admin to

1-Chemo's osC Advanced Cache Class

...and I get

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in XXXXXXXXXXXXX/includes/meta_tags.php on line 57

Please help :huh:

Hi, I install this contribution, I want to know how to include H1 an H2 tags using the title (H2) and description (h1), can I install it directly in the meta_tags.php file like this? Thanks!

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL','<h2>Buy Cars</h2>'); # Title

define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL','<h1>But Cars surfing on the web</h1>'); # Description

• 2 weeks later...
Support thread for cDynamic Meta Tags v1.0

Please advise if I set this code up correctly for meta tag useage.

<?php

/*=======================================================================*\

|| #################### //-- SCRIPT INFO --// ########################### ||

|| # Script name: meta_tags.php # ||

|| # Contribution: cDynamic Meta Tags # ||

|| # Version: 1.3 # ||

|| # Date: April 15 2005 # ||

|| # ------------------------------------------------------------------ # ||

|| #################### //-- COPYRIGHT INFO --// ######################## ||

|| # Copyright © 2005 Chris LaRocque # ||

|| # # ||

|| # This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or # ||

|| # modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License # ||

|| # as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 # ||

|| # of the License, or (at your option) any later version. # ||

|| # # ||

|| # This script is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, # ||

|| # but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of # ||

|| # MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the # ||

|| # GNU General Public License for more details. # ||

|| # # ||

|| # Script is intended to be used with: # ||

|| # osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions # ||

|| # http://www.oscommerce.com # ||

|| # Copyright © 2003 osCommerce # ||

|| ###################################################################### ||

\*========================================================================*/

############################################################################

# USER SETTINGS #

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------#

# If you want to cache the results (reduce server load and boost speed)

// for version 1.6 : moved to admin - $cache_type = 0; # number only, no ' or "

$cache_type = D_METATAG_CACHE_OPTIONS; # number only, no ' or "

# 0 (zero) = off

# 1 = Use Chemo's osC Advanced Cache Class **REQUIRES v1.1 or higher**

# 2 = Cache to directory ** MUST specify $meta_cache_path **

# If using Cache Class set lifetime of cache:

// for version 1.6 : moved to admin - $expires = '30/days'; # only valid if $cache_type = 1

$expires = D_METATAG_CHEMO_LIFETIME; # only valid if $cache_type = 1

# only valid if $cache_type = 2

# must have read-write permissions

# specified in admin/includes/reset/meta_tags.php (if you changed it) MUST HAVE READ/WRITE CHMOD to 777

// for version 1.6 : $meta_cache_files_path = DIR_FS_CATALOG.'cache/'; #this should work for most

$meta_cache_files_path = DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_FS_CACHE; #this should work for most , modifialbe in admin

# Show Model in Title

// for version 1.6 : moved to admin -$show_model_in_title = false; # no ' or "

$show_model_in_title = D_METATAG_SHOW_MODEL_INTITLE; # no ' or "

# true or false

# Show Manufacturer in Title

// for version 1.6 : moved to admin -$show_man_in_title = false; # no ' or "

$show_man_in_title = D_METATAG_SHOW_MANUF_INTITLE; # no ' or "

# true or false

# Enter y=text to be removed from Manufacturers when using them for keywords

# enter in all lower case

$strip_man_array = array('inc.','co.','inc');

# Pages to use HEADING_TITLE for title

# Do not list pages w/ specific meta tags: (index.php, product_info.php, specials.php, products_new.php)

// for version 1.6 : moved to admin -$heading_pages = array('contact_us.php', 'product_reviews.php');

$heading_pages = array(D_METATAG_EXTRA_PAGES);

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------#

# Define specific meta tags by entering the value between the '':

# For all pages using meta_tags:

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL','J and J Gourmet Foods'); # Title

define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL','J and J Gourmet Foods offers a wide variety of gourmet frozen wine coolers as well as gift ideas and winter time favorites. Vineyard Frost is the nest best thing to frappe vino.'); # Description

define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL','Frappe Vino,stocking stuffers, great hostess gift,frozen wine drink d'marie Tuscan Triangles,Bitch Bags, gourmet foods, gourmet wine, snacks, unique beverages, Vodka Lemon Freeze, Snow Capped Cocoa Cones, Vineyard Frost in box, Wine E Margarita in box, White Chocolate Pecans, Simply Sinsational Trail Mix, trail mix, Double Dutch Hot Cocoa / Holiday, grapevine icestirs, holidays, Holiday Wassail Mix, Margarita Frozen Bar Mixer, Margarita Mix, Old Fashioned Holiday Cider, Picture Perfect Lemonade, trade shows, Vineyard Frost '); # Keywords

# For default index page (no products or categories)

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_INDEX',''); # Title

define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_INDEX',''); # Description

define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_INDEX',''); # Keywords

// Removed from admin to language:

define('STORE_DESCRIPT','J and J Gourmet Foods offers a wide variety of gourmet frozen wine coolers as well as gift ideas and winter time favorites. Vineyard Frost is the nest best thing to frappe vino'); # Store Description

define('STORE_METDEX','Productivity Sold Here'); # Store Index Description ,Place a seperate index page meta description here, for use with dynamic meta-tags

define('STORE_KEYWORD','ecommerce, Frappe Vino,stocking stuffers, great hostess gift,frozen wine drink d'marie Tuscan Triangles,Bitch Bags, gourmet foods, gourmet wine, snacks, unique beverages, Vodka Lemon Freeze, Snow Capped Cocoa Cones, Vineyard Frost in box, Wine E Margarita in box, White Chocolate Pecans, Simply Sinsational Trail Mix, trail mix, Double Dutch Hot Cocoa / Holiday, grapevine icestirs, holidays, Holiday Wassail Mix, Margarita Frozen Bar Mixer, Margarita Mix, Old Fashioned Holiday Cider, Picture Perfect Lemonade, trade shows, Vineyard Frost'); # Store Key Words : Place your sites meta key words here, for use with dynamic meta-tags

?>

thanks

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just tried this contribution with php5 (safe mode on) and mysql 5, and everytime i edit, change status or add a product, the following appears:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in F:\xampp\htdocs\test\admin\includes\reset_meta_cache.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at F:\xampp\htdocs\test\admin\includes\reset_meta_cache.php:36) in F:\xampp\htdocs\test\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 67

The problem seems to be here:

# DO NOT ALTER OR EDIT BELOW THIS LINE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING #
foreach (glob($meta_cache_files_path."{*.meta-cache}", GLOB_BRACE) as $filename_page) {
   unlink($filename_page);
   }

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I've use cDynamic, and configured it according to the directions. I am still not seeing any meta tags on any page. the site is www.hapkidogear.com

here is my meta_tags.php:

<?php
/*=======================================================================*\
|| #################### //-- SCRIPT INFO --// ########################### ||
|| #	Script name: meta_tags.php									  # ||
|| #	Contribution: cDynamic Meta Tags								# ||
|| #	Version: 1.3													# ||
|| #	Date: April 15 2005											 # ||
|| # ------------------------------------------------------------------ # ||
|| #################### //-- COPYRIGHT INFO --// ######################## ||
|| #	Copyright (C) 2005 Chris LaRocque								# ||
|| #																	# ||
|| #	This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or	# ||
|| #	modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License		# ||
|| #	as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2	# ||
|| #	of the License, or (at your option) any later version.			# ||
|| #	This script is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,	# ||
|| #	but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of	# ||
|| #	MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the	# ||
|| #	GNU General Public License for more details.					# ||
|| #	Script is intended to be used with:								# ||
|| #	osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions					# ||
|| #	http://www.oscommerce.com										# ||
|| #	Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce									# ||
|| ###################################################################### ||
\*========================================================================*/

############################################################################
# USER SETTINGS															 #
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------#	
# If you want to cache the results (reduce server load and boost speed)
// for version 1.6 : moved to admin  - $cache_type = 0; # number only, no ' or "
$cache_type = D_METATAG_CACHE_OPTIONS; # number only, no ' or "
#  0 (zero) = off
#  1 = Use Chemo's osC Advanced Cache Class **REQUIRES v1.1 or higher**
#  2 = Cache to directory ** MUST specify $meta_cache_path **

# If using Cache Class set lifetime of cache:
// for version 1.6 : moved to admin  -  $expires = '30/days'; # only valid if $cache_type = 1
$expires = D_METATAG_CHEMO_LIFETIME; # only valid if $cache_type = 1

# only valid if $cache_type = 2
# must have read-write permissions
# specified in admin/includes/reset/meta_tags.php (if you changed it) MUST HAVE READ/WRITE CHMOD to 777
// for version 1.6 : $meta_cache_files_path = DIR_FS_CATALOG.'cache/'; #this should work for most
$meta_cache_files_path = DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_FS_CACHE; #this should work for most   , modifialbe in admin
# Show Model in Title
// for version 1.6 : moved to admin  -$show_model_in_title = false;  # no ' or "
$show_model_in_title = D_METATAG_SHOW_MODEL_INTITLE;  # no ' or "
#  true or false

# Show Manufacturer in Title
// for version 1.6 : moved to admin  -$show_man_in_title = false;  # no ' or "
$show_man_in_title = D_METATAG_SHOW_MANUF_INTITLE;  # no ' or "
#  true or false

# Enter y=text to be removed from Manufacturers when using them for keywords
# enter in all lower case
$strip_man_array = array('inc.','co.','inc'); 

# Pages to use HEADING_TITLE for title
# Do not list pages w/ specific meta tags: (index.php, product_info.php, specials.php, products_new.php)
// for version 1.6 : moved to admin  -$heading_pages = array('contact_us.php', 'product_reviews.php');
$heading_pages = array(D_METATAG_EXTRA_PAGES);

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# Define specific meta tags by entering the value between the '':

# For all pages using meta_tags:
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL','Hapkido Gear Online Store'); # Title
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL','Hapkido Gear for Hapkido, Tae Kwon Do & MMA'); # Description
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL','Hapkido gear, Hapkido, Hapkido Gear, Hapkido training equipment, Hapkido, equipment, Martial arts, Martial art equipment, Martial arts supply, Taekwondo, Taekwondo equipment, Karate, Karate Supplies, Century, Macho, Golden Tiger, judo, jujitsu, kung fu, tai chi'); # Keywords

# For default index page (no products or categories)
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_INDEX','HapkidoGear.Com Online Store'); # Title
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_INDEX','Gear for Hapkido, Tae Kwon Do & MMA'); # Description
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_INDEX','Hapkido gear, Hapkido, Hapkido Gear, Hapkido training equipment, Hapkido, equipment, Martial arts, Martial art equipment, Martial arts supply, Taekwondo, Taekwondo equipment, Karate, Karate Supplies, Century, Macho, Golden Tiger, judo, jujitsu, kung fu, tai chi'); # Keywords

// Removed from admin to language:
define('STORE_DESCRIPT','Dan Paulson's HapkidoGear.Com Online Store'); # Store Description
define('STORE_METDEX','Gear for Hapkido, Tae Kwon Do & MMA'); # Store Index Description ,Place a seperate index page meta description here, for use with dynamic meta-tags
define('STORE_KEYWORD','Hapkido gear, Hapkido, Hapkido Gear, Hapkido training equipment, Hapkido, equipment, Martial arts, Martial art equipment, Martial arts supply, Taekwondo, Taekwondo equipment, Karate, Karate Supplies, Century, Macho, Golden Tiger, judo, jujitsu, kung fu, tai chi'); # Store Key Words :  Place your sites meta key words here, for use with dynamic meta-tags
?>									

<

I also added the sql file, but have nothing in my admin area to configure anything...???

INSERT INTO configuration_group (configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible) VALUES (9999,'Dynamic Meta Tag','Configuration options for the Dynamic metatag',4,1);# Affected rows: 1
INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES 
('', 'Cache options', 'D_METATAG_CACHE_OPTIONS', '0', 'Change the result cache type (reduce server load and boost speed) : 0-Off<br>1-Chemo\'s osC Advanced Cache Class (REQUIRES v1.1 or higher))<br>2-Cache to directory ', 9999, 30, '2007-02-00', '2007-02-01', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'0\', \'1\',\'2\'),');# Affected rows: 1
INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `confi[...]

Thanks in advance!

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
Chris,

Please forgive my bluntness, but you asked me in another thread to ask in the right thread, so I have. Please give my inquiry a look. Thank you so much for your help!

I'm have the exact same problem as you, Scott - and I've tried a gazillion things to try to make this work. I don't get any errors, but somehow it's not including any meta tags so not sure where it's going wrong in the code - my server log didn't show anything. My site is http://echoesofasoul.com/store//catalog/index.php and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot since no error comes up. The first problem is that the install for the package has bad directions:

According to the instructions (file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Ellie/Desktop/STORE/metatags/cDynamic_Meta_Tags%20v1.6/install.html#info) ..

The files should be located in the upload directory of this contribution.

* admin/includes/reset_meta_cache.php should be uploaded to your *catalog*/admin/includes/ directory

* includes/meta_tags.php should be uploaded to your *catalog*/includes/ directory

* includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php should be uploaded to your *catalog*/includes/languages/english/ directory

* includes/functions/meta_tags.php should be uploaded to your *catalog*/includes/ directory

* cache/ should be uploaded to your *catalog*/ directory

The name of the file in the functions folder is "meta.php". If you were to rename it to meta_tags.php - still doesn't work. If you place it in your includes folder as the instructions say (and not includes/functions), nothing changes - whether it's meta.php or meta_tags.php (which overwrites the other meta_tags.php in there....)... ARGH!!!!

A royal pain. After I've tried everything and then some to get this to work, it still does not. All the SQL entries are in the database, the Admin portion of the config works properly as far as I can tell. I've tried modifying everything just to SEE something on the screen (regardless of my actual meta_tags) and none of the pages have them.

Someone please help? I'll be happy to give you any other code, but as far as I can decipher the incorrect instructions, I've done everything correctly.

Thanks much,

Ellie

cDynamic MetaTags VS Google Analytics.

I have a problem with Analytics, when I search content by title the pages shows as "not set". Anyone have the same problem??

• 2 months later...

Hi

I am looking to uninstall cDynamic meta Tags v1.6 in favour of Header Tags SEO v.3. Other than working backwards through the install steps what else do I need to do to uninstall this contribution?

For example, do I need to undo the .sql command and remove it from the admin panel. Could someone write a sql command to do this?

Hi

I am looking to uninstall cDynamic meta Tags v1.6 in favour of Header Tags SEO v.3. Other than working backwards through the install steps what else do I need to do to uninstall this contribution?

For example, do I need to undo the .sql command and remove it from the admin panel. Could someone write a sql command to do this?

It would be wise to remove the sql part from you database.

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

I have installed cDynamic_Meta_Tags v1.6 on my site and it was working fine, but than I installed anothr contribution "Ultimate Seo Urls (19 Jul 2008)" and though Ultimate Seo Urls (19 Jul 2008) is working fine but cDynamic_Meta_Tags v1.6 have stopped working. Can anybody help ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????