• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer Add Product

empo

I just added the new version to 2 fresh installs to check and got the following error when the 'adminstrator' link was clicked in the admin/customers page:

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/gm786/public_html/newcap/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/gm786/public_html/newcap/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Also, on the fresh installs it does let the preview work and the image does upload but the most significant thing is that when 'insert' is selected it just goes back to the index page again - which means I have to click the my account link and go to manage products only to see a red status button.. which only takes me to a preview page again with only one link 'back'....

... there is no way to get a green status as it keeps going to the previous page and then only has the 'back' button...

I haven't added his to a modified store because it doesn't work properly on a fresh install... once an customer is approved it lets the customer add the item only as far as the status red point and not beyond no matter what I do...

please give me some pointers - thanks

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Empo,

Thanks for your contribution off customer add product. I have tried to get it working for days now and found a update today. And yes the add product is not rederecting to the index.php anymore.

Now i found out another problem. When i insert a picture and press preview it says Warning: getimagesize(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/phphI2T4N) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/w/wiejadecvmakelaar.nl) in /var/www/w/wiejadecvmakelaar.nl/HTML/catalog/includes/classes/upload.php on line 96

He is uploading the picture and it seems to be working.

What is wrong??

thanks in advantage

jasper

@chooch: i`v noticed about this problem and i will fix it in next version

@koelkast26: set all path properly (tmp dir is not set or dont have right permissions)

@koelkast26: set all path properly (tmp dir is not set or dont have right permissions)

Ok i did it and the contribution works almost.

Customers can add their products. Now when customers choose edit my products they arrive on the edit page of the products. When they want to delete, edit or put the product on red or green something weird is hapening with my whole page.

First this shows up:

wachtwoord.JPG

When you click cancel you are redirected to the right page. Everything seems normal till you click one of the options which you can, like delete, edit and red and green. When you do something the webpage explodes:

nahetklikken.JPG

Normally it looks like this:

normaal.JPG

Question one:

How to solve this?

Question 2:

Is it possible to give customers permission to upload their products to only one or maybe two category's. So the administrator can decide where to put the goods?

Thanks in advantage

It is probally something with my ssl because on my testsite on testsite it is working without this.

When you want to see it this is my shop:

my webshop

I hope you can help me

Hi,

Sorry to split in three messages.

When i go to customers their is a new customer called Administrator. When i want to edit this i get a strange error:

foutmelding.JPG

This was additional information for the rest of my questions.

Jasper

I have loaded the contribution. So far from what I can see its working great!!!

He he , im all excited!!!

Problem is, the images arnt showing. I have looked through the thread to see what I could find out. But come up blank.

When I right click on the images error. the path is http://mysite.com/shop2/images/Object

And when I click to enlarge, I get this text in the Pop up

//BOF:Customer Add product (BLANK BOX WHERE IMAGE SHOULD BE ) //EOF:Customer add product

Now I know I had to of moofed..... but where, and how can I fix this?

Thanx

Nancy:D

mine was the same.... dont use the image pop-up update... it still works without it.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

:-" Sorry If I have repeated the question in this thread (cant seem to locate original question)

I loaded the contribution yesterday and it seems to be working very well for exception that the images

do not load.

When I click on the image properties I get this directory htp://mysite.com/shop2/images/Object

So does this mean that there is a path error? and where would I find this ? to change Object to thumb?

And hopefully that will fix it :D

Thanx ,

Nancy :D

mine was the same.... dont use the image pop-up update... it still works without it.

Ok for my problem I took out the pop up update. And it worked to remove the code from around the popup image. (Great! thank you) But my path to uploaded images is still off. I added the "thumb" directory and I am pretty sure I set the permissions to 777 using the CHMOD. But still no change to images being added.

I went to the Test Site http://www.procreator.org

And did a little run through and noticed the image directory is differnt:

http://procreator.org/demo/images/preview.gif

and mine is still:

http://mysite.com/shop/images/Object doesnt even include the image name.

?

So really I'm at a loss. Is there something else I am supposed to do to enable people up upload images? any ideas ?

Nancy :D :blush:

Was this for me chooch? and how can i make the upgrade undone?

yes it was for you..... what do you mean about making the upgrade undone? what kind of a question is that?

why don't you install the whole program as it was set by empo but leave out the pop-up modification in catalog/popup_image.php (if it helps your site)

CHOOCH

Also, on the fresh installs it does let the preview work and the image does upload but the most significant thing is that when 'insert' is selected it just goes back to the index page again - which means I have to click the my account link and go to manage products only to see a red status button.. which only takes me to a preview page again with only one link 'back'...

... there is no way to get a green status as it keeps going to the previous page and then only has the 'back' button.....

I'm probably out of my league, but do you get the red status even after you approved the product in the catalog admin, Or is this something far more complicated?

Nancy:d

yes it was for you..... what do you mean about making the upgrade undone? what kind of a question is that?

why don't you install the whole program as it was set by empo but leave out the pop-up modification in catalog/popup_image.php (if it helps your site)

I did it as you told but everytime a customer clicks on the good, edit, green or red or delete the whole layout is changing badly. Besides everytime a admin popup shows and asks for a password.

Nothing seems to change.

Help pls because i really like this script

That is a question of somebody who never worked with php and stuff and now is building a shop. (and it is working) :))

jasper

I'm probably out of my league, but do you get the red status even after you approved the product in the catalog admin, Or is this something far more complicated?

Nancy:d

You need an admin aproval of the goods first. That is what i figured out.

jasper

EMPO,

I really need your help very badly. I allready send i problem with edit the products by a customer.

Now i find out that i cant put products online anymore as an admin.

I wanted to put new products on my store. fill out the form, click preview so far so good everything seems normal. But when i click on submit the article is not uploaded.

So i need advice very badly.

jasper

EMPO,

I really need your help very badly. I allready send i problem with edit the products by a customer.

Now i find out that i cant put products online anymore as an admin.

I wanted to put new products on my store. fill out the form, click preview so far so good everything seems normal. But when i click on submit the article is not uploaded.

So i need advice very badly.

jasper

p.s. the products do show up in my catalog but not in the admin section. What to do?????

p.s. the products do show up in my catalog but not in the admin section. What to do?????

Solved this problem. now only i want to know:

1) why is the website asking for a password when customers want to put in their products.

2) Why is it not possible to edit the products by a customer. When they click on green or red, delete or edit a strange thing is happen. The layout is changing very badly and nothing works.

Give me an idea how to solve this

1) probably some calls to admin section i will recheck code

2) yes possible, green and red dots it`s only for indication for customer.

only adminisrtrator have ability to approve product.

for all your mistakes and other check manual and also u can see how demo shop works...

Solved this problem. now only i want to know:

1) why is the website asking for a password when customers want to put in their products.

2) Why is it not possible to edit the products by a customer. When they click on green or red, delete or edit a strange thing is happen. The layout is changing very badly and nothing works.

Give me an idea how to solve this

1) I noticed on mine, when I was logged into the "My Account" page after logging in.

if I clicked on refresh at the top of Interent Explorer. I would get the Oscommerce sign in pop up too.

I went to test on Empos to see if he was getting the same problem. He wasn't. So I created a test name

on my site. Tried the same thing in the new log in name and I no longer get the pop up. Try making a new name and see if you still get the pop up. Perhaps its tied in with your name being the administrator.

2) I'm not sure what you mean by Strange things happen, The Layout is changing very badly and nothing works? But if you mean that when the " customer " goes to "Manage My Products" to edit their work. there are no images. Like the little red and green dots. I had the same problem. I right clicked where one of the little images should have been and selected "properties" on the drop down menu. The path was differnt from what I had in my folders. ..The Images are stored in your icon folder. Which in the download are stored in the your-store/images/icons What I did is put a copy of the icon folder directly in the your-store folder Your-store/icons

PS. be sure to make a copy of the folder and not just relocate it. Because the you-store/images/icons path is still used for other areas of oscommerce admin.

I hope this little babble helps

Empo :-"

I've tried to solve the problem of no images, I have installed the contrib in two differnt stores One with a fresh Oscommerce Template. Then again with one that has sts installed ( but switched off ) both times with the same results. For what ever reason images won't upload and save to the "thumb" folder.

I've tried to find and solve the problem but all my searching is for not, Cause honestly I don't know what controls this function. Or what I'm suposed to be looking for.

Is there something I am suposed to have, and don't. or is there a switch somewhere either in admin or mysql that should be switched on to allow pictures to be uploaded?

Is there something you need to be able to see ( code ) that would help figure out the problem ?

Thanx for any help!!

Hello,

1. Is there a way to remove the manufacture from the Add product screen and add a field for email address and a field for company name? I noticed there is a Product Extra Fields addition on the CAP contribution site and there is a separate Product Extra Fields contribution. What is the difference and will this help me add an email address and a field for the company name?

2. Is there a way the customer can get notification that their product has sold and a report out of their total sales?

Thanks,

Seso

for all your mistakes and other check manual and also u can see how demo shop works...

It can be i make mistakes but strange thing is i get it working good on my testwebsite and i did everything the same.

Different is that my testsite is not on ssl and my webshop is. Could that cause the problem?

I know i am a dummy but it is very irritating that i cant find the problem. I hope you will help me or someone on this forum.

By something really weird i mean the picture which i enclosed last time

Before:

normaal.JPG

after editing the customers good:

nahetklikken.JPG

when I installed on a highly modified store I too had the login pop-up when customer added products but on a fresh install it didn't happen...

CHOOCH