• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

An honest opinion pls

rommany

Thank anne,

I will take a look at the images and so on.

Between me and you and a few  hundred others here : ), the writing at the bottom is not really for customers its just so i can cram keywords on my site and get a better search engine postion, i know i shouldnt do it, but many websites do this, and the only rule that i could find about this is that it must not be the same colour as the background. : )

As i see it, im not hurting or conning the customers and i have a very high postion because of them, and i still have lots of text that the customer can read.

Again thanks for you comments

Kind rgds

I believe that some search engines are soon to start automatically comparing colours.. even colours used in background images to text and ignoring the keywords if the contrast isn't high enough. Wouldn't worry about it for a long while personally, and I doubt they'd actually bother.. (if people got fewer search results, they'd just stop using that engine.. making them lose out on visitors- detrimental)

Offering a discount is a dangerous thing! as I said in another topic, one of my sisters has just had a girl two weeks ago and my other sister's about 6 months pregnant.. Also her best friend's just had one too. As you can imaginr, I've been dragged through many a baby shop recently!

I know exactly what you mean about your eyes getting used to stuff after a while.. I just spent five minutes looking at a page trying to find an image, thinking it'd not been uploaded or something, and it's right there in front of me! I wonder if OSC want to start up a helpline for members with degrading brain function? I woke up this morning thinking in PHP... And I don't know anything about PHP!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all,

Sorry to asking and i and not bumping in anyway just really need some advice on one matter.

have had a problem with the site not being centered and no one could help me so i made the site fit the whole screen and made some of the boxes wider and the font larger.

could some people with different setups eg 600x800, firefox and so on tell me if my site look to large or cramped now.

if i have spoiled the setup im dreeding that i will have to start all over again, playing around to much can sometime hurt : (

Many thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

No real problems scream out on IE and FF at 1024*768. Everything looks proportionate and tidy to me.

I just realised that when you click to popup a larger image in Firefox, it opens a popup window that's too short, so it hides the bottom part of your image. If you've got smaller product images it can be a problem.

Archived