• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer to choose UPS Residential or Commercial

ValleyRoaster

I have two sets of customers, personal use and a growing business to business group.

I would like them to be able to choose between UPS Res or Com. I trust that most people would choose the proper one and my business customers could save a few dollars.

I am using the UPS XML contrib, and it works GREAT except for this one thing.

I have looked in the contribs section and found nothing. Does anyone know how to do this?

Life Is Too Short,

Enjoy Your Coffee!

Pete

UPSXML gets this info from the configuration settings (approximately line 54 of modules/shipping/upsxml.php):

$this->quote_type = MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_QUOTE_TYPE;

If you want to give your customers the choice, I think it would be a bit difficult, since the shipping quotes are already obtained by the time you end up on the page checkout_shipping...

Personally, I would prefer to add this to the customer information, in an extra column and use that info (added to the queries in includes/classes/order.php of course) for the upsxml.php instead of the configuration value. You could perhaps make it initially dependent on whether an entry in "company name" is made when a customers opens an account?