• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OsCommerce PAYPAL IPN V1.1 Please help!

mikespcs

Hello All,

I installed the OsCommerce IPN v1.1 payment option, it works great! EXCEPT when the customer is done with the order, the contrib tries to return them to checkout_confirmation.php with no website address...just http://checkout_confirmation.php and the key's that follow it.

I cannot for the life of me figure this out, I have left auto-return enabled and put in www.sitename.com/store/catalog/checkout_confirmation.php and this doesnt work.

The order shows up in my admin screen, the customer get's paypal email but they do not get an email from the store confirming the order, and the order shows up in admin under IPN processing.

Any help? I have dug through the topics, but cannot find my particular dilemna.

Thanks,

Mike

Since I don't have an answer yet, I will add that my customers are getting emails that the order is complete, and I am getting a copy as well.

My major issues are that instead of returning to the web site after clicking the "return to merchant" button, they are being directed to http://checkout_process.php?093wq85lsjdlus09wps--whatever-- instead of http://www.mikespcs.biz/store/catalog/wher...posedtosendthem.

On the Admin side, the order still shows that the order is in IPN processing, and sometimes the customers cart shows they still have the items in the cart!

In PHP it shows that the return variable is set to FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS.PHP I do not see this defined anywhere...

On the PAYPAL side, it is asking for a location to POST data to for successful checkout. What do I set this to?

Any help, anything at all, would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I am having exact same problem.

In the PayPal Developer Forums at Paypal there is much discussion about the IPN not working right at PayPal. PayPal thought they had it fixed last week, but now say the problem has apparently reappeared.

I believe this is related to the problem we are having.

Rik Rasmussen

PayPal posted this in their forum:

Hello,

We are aware of the problems you may be experiencing with PayPal's IPN feature. We are currently working to resolve these issues on your behalf. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your patience while we resolve this unexpected behavior.

We will post updates here as we receive new information on the progress of resolving the issues with this feature.

For any IPN posts that were not received we will not be able to re-post them. This information is available in your history log by downloading the transactions for the time frame your IPN's did not post.

We have identified the issue with the IPN service. It stems from a new database we rolled out recently for our IPN service. Last night we moved the IPN services back to the old database and are continuing to research why the new database is causing issues.

We will continue to monitor the IPN service for the next few days and provide any updates if necessary. Please let us know if you experience any issues with it.

Rik Rasmussen

PayPal posted this in their forum:

Hello,

We are aware of the problems you may be experiencing with PayPal's IPN feature. We are currently working to resolve these issues on your behalf. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your patience while we resolve this unexpected behavior.

We will post updates here as we receive new information on the progress of resolving the issues with this feature.

For any IPN posts that were not received we will not be able to re-post them. This information is available in your history log by downloading the transactions for the time frame your IPN's did not post.

We have identified the issue with the IPN service. It stems from a new database we rolled out recently for our IPN service. Last night we moved the IPN services back to the old database and are continuing to research why the new database is causing issues.

We will continue to monitor the IPN service for the next few days and provide any updates if necessary. Please let us know if you experience any issues with it.

What forum does PAYPAL have? Do you have a link to it?

Thanks