• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Messenger Status Contribution

dwdonline

Hey!

Nice contrib! I have been looking for something like this. My only question is that the contrib stats they can message you (I take it they click on the respective messenger [icq, etc..] and it should take them to some page to send a message correct? When I go to your demo store it just take me to an error page [The page cannot be displayed] This is clicking on the yahoo link (address in the bar is: ymsgr:sendIM?dwdonline) it also happens for aim. The msn takes you to a page showing a picture of the button and the icq just hangs.

Is there something I am missing?

I would love to have this available to my customers but I would like them to be able to fully use it.

Thanks for the great work!

RW

Edited by Johnson

Hey!

Nice contrib! I have been looking for something like this.  My only question is that the contrib stats they can message you (I take it they click on the respective messenger [icq, etc..] and it should take them to some page to send a message correct?  When I go to your demo store it just take me to an error page [The page cannot be displayed] This is clicking on the yahoo link (address in the bar is: ymsgr:sendIM?dwdonline) it also happens for aim. The msn takes you to a page showing a picture of the button and the icq just hangs.

Is there something I am missing?

I would love to have this available to my customers but I would like them to be able to fully use it.

Thanks for the great work!

RW

Hi,

When you click on the icon it should open your messenger program for Yahoo, and AIM. ICQ, Jabber, and MSN do not as their messenger services do not support it.

Looks like this could be good.  One question...what is http://xghk.no-ip.biz:8085?  My only concern is that this relies on a "service" that I know nothinmg about.

Well, in the readme it tells you where to find other hosts. You can also be your own host. If you go to that link in the readme - and click on Host on the left side - it will tell you how to run your own host - very easy.

This is the only way I know of showing the status of your MSN, AIM, and Jabber. If you know of any php code out there to show the status of MSN or AIM - I would love to see it so i could use it in this contrib.

Hi,

When you click on the icon it should open your messenger program for Yahoo, and AIM.  ICQ, Jabber, and MSN do not as their messenger services do not support it.

I went to the site you mention in the readme, and noticed that their own MSN messenger icon does open the MSN chat window. Mine, however doesn't :-" I wonder what they've done to enable that?

Many Thanks,

Steve

Ok, I just uploaded a new version of Messenger Status. It has a few changes as well as upgrade (very easy) instructions for those who have installed it already.

I went to the site you mention in the readme, and noticed that their own MSN messenger icon does open the MSN chat window.  Mine, however doesn't  :-"  I wonder what they've done to enable that?

Well - I have made a small change there now. The problem is that the one that we had before only works on certain browsers and certain configurations - so it will not work with Macs, Unix, and many windows.

Take a look at the new one.

I have modified ICQ, MSN, and Jabber.

Thanks,

Philip

I have downloaded you file but when i go to unzipped, winrar give me an error that said the file is corrupted... you must send me the version ok??? by email [email protected]

Hi,

I have uploaded a .zip file. Try that. You may also try downloading Stuffit from http://www.stuffit.com. It is allot better program for unstuffing.

I've followed all the instructions carefully during this contribution's installation. The IM infobox is showing up successfully on my site. I've also uploaded the sql files via phpmyadmin succesfully.

The problem is that I'm not seeing an entry for IM in my osC admin panel under configuration... Am I missing something? Why isn't it showing up? I tried reimporting the sql's and they imported successfully again... still no entry.

Any support would be much appreciated! :)

Ed

I've followed all the instructions carefully during this contribution's installation.  The IM infobox is showing up successfully on my site.  I've also uploaded the sql files via phpmyadmin succesfully.

The problem is that I'm not seeing an entry for IM in my osC admin panel under configuration...  Am I missing something?  Why isn't it showing up?  I tried reimporting the sql's and they imported successfully again... still no entry. 

Any support would be much appreciated! :)

Ed

Hi,

I sent you a PM - get me on Instant Messenger and I will help you out.

Thanks,

Philip

Hmm... haven't seen you online.

Anyhow, I finally got the messenger settings to show up in admin. I had to import the sql files into the database a third time (didn't take the first 2 for some reason).

Now I have my AOL and Yahoo ID names inputted (the only 2 I'm using) in the Admin/messenger settings, but when I go to my site no images appear and it doesn't seem to be working properly. You can see it here.

Edited by NiceGuyEd

update.. I still can't get it to work properly. I've decided to only use AOL IM and I'm going to switch to the other contribution listed above for the time being, but as you stated - it doesn't have as many features... like a status indicator.

The problem it seems to be having is getting the image and posting the status. When I click on the link, my AOL does popup automatically with the proper screenname.... so that works.

Also, I did try some other host addresses listed on this site. But none of them seemed to work.

Any insight? :)

Ed

Edited by NiceGuyEd

update.. I still can't get it to work properly.  I've decided to only use AOL IM and I'm going to switch to the other contribution listed above for the time being, but as you stated - it doesn't have as many features... like a status indicator.

The problem it seems to be having is getting the image and posting the status.  When I click on the link, my AOL does popup automatically with the proper screenname.... so that works.

Also, I did try some other host addresses listed on this site.  But none of them seemed to work. 

Any insight? :)

Ed

Hey either PM me or AIM me (dwdsupport) with your username and password for the amdin and I will look at it.

Thanks,

Philip

I just installed your contrib, and am very happy with it, all is well (on yahoo messenger), except for the Messenger status that doesn't show my online stats updated nor allows users to instant message only pops up a infobox stating MSN me at: bla bla, i read above that MSN doesn't support this feature, if anyone has any ideas to get this working, thanks. :-"

If you know of any php code out there to show the status of MSN or AIM - I would love to see it so i could use it in this contrib.

I developed a conditional information box based on the AIM status. It uses a php/cURL solution. I was working on something similar for MSN but other projects took priority.

PM me and I'll send you a link to my test server.

If you like it, I'll be happy to share my code for inclusion in your contribution.

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ..nice work. but I do not find this ?? I only want to use msn

CONFIGURE:

1. Go to: Configure > Instant Messenger in your osCommerce admin panel.

2. Edit the IDs and put in your Messenger IDs.

3. You can leave the Host IDs like they are or edit them and put in a host id from one of these http://www.onlinestatus.org/forum/usage.php.

Example: http://xghk.no-ip.biz:8085/icq/ for the ICQ http://xghk.no-ip.biz:8085/msn/ for MSN.

It is the same address just add the correct ending for the messenger. They are:

MSN: /msn/

AIM: /aim/

Jabber: /jabber/

Yahoo: /yahoo/

That's it! You should be up and running.

• 4 months later...

Hello anyone,

Is it required that the person messenging you has AOL IM or MSN? Does this allow them to message you from the website with out having to download any of these products?

Thanks for your advice..

The problem for me with this contribution is that the image urls for the online/offline status icons shows as insecure item, and when using the icons for the messengers, my secure site padlock at the bottom disappears. So I had to use static images in my shop that doesn't show online or offline status in order to serve them from my secure site.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

The problem for me with this contribution is that the image urls for the online/offline status icons shows as insecure item

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

One of the sites that I support used to have the AIM box displayed.

(They eventually moved to a different support method)

My solution to resolve the SSL problem...

Use cURL to display the correct image using https when needed.

I offered my code to the author of the contribution, I guess it was not needed.

If this is something that you could use, PM me and I'll send you a link to my test site.

If you like it and consider it useful, I'll clean it up and submit it as a contribution.

Robert

(Moderators: please note that this is not a solicitation for work.)

hI AM HAVING A FEW PROBLEMS ON THE MESSENGER MOD....

wonder if you could help...

www.hydrodeals.co.uk./catalog ....

the icons do not appear and i do not seem to find the admin options....

Many kind regards

Simon

Edited by simaster99