• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v1.0

PopTheTop

canucks_gal: if you get a blank page it is assuredly a coding mistake, copy-n-paste oops, missed } or ( deleted ; by accident. added stuff in when it was supposed to be replaced. that sort of thing. Look at the page name in your browser address window when you get the blank, and start your troubleshooting by re-installed the MOD for that page. These two were the first MODS I installed w/o much of a clue on php, heavy learning curve, lots of mistakes, lots of flat-forehead moments. Took awhile to get it right, it was all my little errors. read the entire forum (for both MODS) (yes really I mean it!) from the date of the MOD package you are using up to current. There's good chance that every problem you run into has already been had by someone else and the answer is right here for the digging. B)

azer: what is the style listing? what is the line you are using it with (class="?") do you have a stylesheet editor? highdots css validator is pretty cool, found lots of little errors for me, all sweet and color-coded. It would be great for your template idea if every spot that was reasonable to change (esp. color & font) had a style class. :thumbsup:

1BdKty: thanks for the update for all, I guess that helps with my guess that a style on the page (background-image:none) overrides a style in the .css file. Still learnin' :P

Toward Continued Success - - > Carol Hawkey - - > KidsLearnToSew.com - - > Wyoming, USA

Mods Installed - - > Authnet AIM2 - Bundled Products 1.4 - Fancier Invoice 6.1 - Email_HTML_Order_Link_Fixed - Header Tags Controller - Login aLa Amazon - JustOneAttribute - Article Manager - SPPC w/PB - spiders.txt - Dangling Carrot/Olive - Printable Catalog - CCGV(trad)

Planned Mods - - > Purchase Without Account - USPS Label - Ultimate SEO

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I installed this contribution awhile back, and have a prob a now, whenever and only when you add a comment to the order it does not go to the normal order complete screen, but goes to this filling the whole browser, leaving the store....

error.jpg

ERROR:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: objectinfo in /hsphere/local/home2/aodfan/alteredmotorsports.com/catalog/includes/modules/email_invoice/templates/fancy.php on line 282

Code in fancy.php on line 282:

<?php
   while ($orders_comments = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_status_history_query)) {
		if (tep_not_null($orders_comments['comments'])) {
		$has_comments = true; // Not Null = Has Comments
		if (tep_not_null($orders_comments['comments'])) {
		$sInfo = new objectInfo($orders_comments);						 [b] <------------Line 282[/b]
 ?>

I tried reinstalling with the most recent version, but same thing, and really the fancy.php isnt there anymore and I do not know why. If it is down to it, is there a way to turn off the use of comments, which brings up a question, how often do customers use that comment box?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Is there any way to include the payment instructions in the html invoice?

The original osc invoice sends at bottom this:

if ($payment_class->email_footer) {

$email_order .= $payment_class->email_footer . "\n\n";

}

}

But how to include that in the html invoice?

Thanks.

Hello,

}

}

Thanks.

I found a way and it works for me. Here is the code i used

<?php
 if (tep_not_null($order->info['payment_method'])) {
$this->email_footer;
?>

<?php echo $this->email_footer; ?>

<?php
 }
?>

Edited by invasi0n

Nice contrib, I do have a small issue with it right now though...

I can pull up and print Packing Slips no problem, however, the Invoices do not work. They print the banner, Sold to and even the Order #: line.... Then it's just a blank page.

In my apache error logs I get the following error:

[client 12.223.144.162] PHP Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /var/www/html/www.intotheoven.com/admin/invoice.php on line 183, referer: http://www.intotheoven.com/admin/orders.php?page=1&oID=10

No, if I go into my e-mail options and change the default type to the box_email, the customer will then receive at least the box_html template, but if I have it set for html_invoice, they get the same error as trying to pull up an invoice in the admin, which appears to not have a section for configuring anything other than the html_invoice and not the box_invoice.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Has anyone gotten this to work with Authorize.net + gpg?

I can print the packing slips just fine, and the e-mail of the Invoice goes fine, but clicking on Invoice in the admin section bombs out (the packing slip there works fine too).

I know it's related to the Authorize.net + gpg contrib I have working.

I had to change the cc_number field from a varchar(32) to a text field in order for it to grab the gpg output.

Thanks for any thoughts!

The fatal error issue is solved. A little slash forgotten in configure.php.

But the first issue still unsolved.

what was your solution to this problem?? I seem to be getting this as well.

Warning: main(/home/compactdivisions.com/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/compactd/public_html/shop/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/compactdivisions.com/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/compactd/public_html/shop/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

Disregard.

here is the fix for those looking/searching and scratching like I was.

the absolute path is needed.

ie. in my example

this

(/home/compactdivisions.com/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php)

should be

(/home/compactd/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php)

as it says in the very next line below (is there a smack my head smilie??)

I would love to install this contrib, but since I rely on PayPal IPN for my merchant banking payment method, I can't use it.

I can't believe that so many people do not offer PayPay IPN. Surely someone has it working with this contrib.

I tweaked mine to show comments through view_history, admin/invoice & packing slip, still not showing in email. Been awhile, I remember copying the status listing code from the admin/orders section (y'know where you look at the order and it has the comments below and you can email & update) and pasting it into the fancier invoice sections where I wanted it.

Edited by SuperSewist

Toward Continued Success - - > Carol Hawkey - - > KidsLearnToSew.com - - > Wyoming, USA

Mods Installed - - > Authnet AIM2 - Bundled Products 1.4 - Fancier Invoice 6.1 - Email_HTML_Order_Link_Fixed - Header Tags Controller - Login aLa Amazon - JustOneAttribute - Article Manager - SPPC w/PB - spiders.txt - Dangling Carrot/Olive - Printable Catalog - CCGV(trad)

well my issue is happening if you add a comment during ordering and finalize your order, the invoice pops up filling the browser, as you can see from my post above,

Is there a way to hide the comment option, is it really neccessary? Do customers use it often?

James, there is surely something wacky in either the page upon which a comment is entered, or on the next page. It shouldn't go directly to the fancier invoice. The fancier invoice is provided to the customer as an email, and as a button in their 'view_history' (at least that is how mine is v.6.1)

You can probably comment out the comments section. Do customers use it? I suppose it depends on the store. Mine use it pretty regular, usually about half the orders have comments. Sometimes it is just to say HI and I get a little update on how their classroom and students are doing. Sometimes it is a shipping detail like 'leave on back porch'. Which is why I went through and added it to print in all the places where it wasn't.

now about the error. do you have

class objectInfo {

etc.

at the top of your fancy.php? My template file (html_invoice.php) has it starting on line 13. If it is missing all or part, well there's a trouble. Check your fancy.php against some of the other templates; my FI did not come with fancy.php.

QUOTE(invasi0n @ Mar 3 2006, 12:35 AM)

Hello,

}

}

Thanks.

I found a way and it works for me. Here is the code i used

CODE<?php

if (tep_not_null($order->info['payment_method'])) {

$this->email_footer;

?>

<?php echo $this->email_footer; ?>

<?php

}

?>

Where did you put this code? it doens't wordk for me when i put this code in html_invoice

Thanks

has anyone managed to find a working solution to using this mnod with STS???

Yes.. I copied application_top.php and application_bottom.php (in catalog/includes) to application_top2.php and application_bottom2.php. Removed the STS code from these new files.

Then I replace in print_my_invoice.php this:

require('includes/application_top.php');

to

require('includes/application_top2.php');

and

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

to

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom2.php'); ?>

When i?m logged in as the testuser i can view the orders att account_history_info.php and on the print_my_invoice.php pages... but when i look at the invoice.php page it does?nt show the text from the language files it displays the variables name, so instead of displaying thanx for shopping... it shows INVOICE_TEXT_THANK_YOU

I have swedish language only shop.. and therefor instead of copying the files to /languages/english i copied them to /languages/swedish still preserving the directory structure.

Also the e-mails who are sent to the customers are malformed...

anyone got any ideas??

Edited by enmi

I would love to install this contrib, but since I rely on PayPal IPN for my merchant banking payment method, I can't use it.

I can't believe that so many people do not offer PayPay IPN. Surely someone has it working with this contrib.

Thank you for your helpful replies.

Where did you put this code? it doens't wordk for me when i put this code in html_invoice

Thanks

Sorry for this late answer, but now i have seen your message.

Well, i created a new table, the same like Order Commets, and put that code inside. But make sure, your payment module has an email footer.

Edited by invasi0n

When i?m logged in as the testuser i can view the orders att account_history_info.php and on the print_my_invoice.php pages... but when i look at the invoice.php page it does?nt show the text from the language files it displays the variables name, so instead of displaying thanx for shopping... it shows INVOICE_TEXT_THANK_YOU

I have swedish language only shop.. and therefor instead of copying the files to /languages/english i copied them to /languages/swedish still preserving the directory structure.

Also the e-mails who are sent to the customers are malformed...

anyone got any ideas??

If you have swedish only, why you don't put there "thank you" in your language?

All those <?php echo INVOICE_TEXT_THANK_YOU; ?>, <?php echo STORE_NAME; ?> and so on, are usefull when you use at least 2 language for your shop.

What do you mean by malformed emails? The design is not well displayed or the information is wrong?

HI,

I've added this contrib and all seems ok. One thing that's not right though is that on my packingslip, instead of saying ----------Packingslip---------------- in the centre it says -----------osCommerce----------------

Any ideas why?

Cheers

Daz

The contribution Professional Invoice and Packingslip adds an invoicenumber (not orderID) to the invoice, with an autoincrement+1 after you push the print invoice button. is it possible to integrate this in this contribution?

I like this contri more because with this one the customer can print his own invoice and gets his invoice E-mailed automatically.( If I understand right)

After a succesfull install i get the following message after the checkout process.

This only happens when I set "send HTML or text invoices to customers"to true.

Warning: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/YOUR_DOMAIN/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/dutch/invoice.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/nicedeal.nl/httpdocs:/tmp) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/nicedeal.nl/httpdocs/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

Warning: main(/home/YOUR_DOMAIN/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/dutch/invoice.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/nicedeal.nl/httpdocs/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

Warning: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/YOUR_DOMAIN/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/dutch/invoice.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/nicedeal.nl/httpdocs:/tmp) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/nicedeal.nl/httpdocs/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

Warning: main(/home/YOUR_DOMAIN/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/dutch/invoice.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/nicedeal.nl/httpdocs/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/YOUR_DOMAIN/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/dutch/invoice.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/psa/apache/share/pear') in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/nicedeal.nl/httpdocs/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

Who can help me??