• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v1.0

PopTheTop

I see that you never read all the installation instructions. Take a looksy at the FAQ in the installation instructions and your answer will be found. This is your printer settings to print background images.

Thanks, I figured this out...

Just a thought:

I'm a good PC tech and really had no idea about this feature in IE!!!!

Next question: how regular ppl, without any knowledge of computers, would figure this out? I mean w/o backgrounds invoice look ugly- and that is what people will get!!! (compatibility issue!)

I've been thinking to make printable Invoice simple and easy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting and error as follows:

When and order is placed and confirmed, the following message appears:

Warning: main(/home/html/showroom/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u1/alterna/html/showroom/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/html/showroom/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php' (include_path='.:') in /home/u1/alterna/html/showroom/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

Thanks in advace for the help.

Hi. i have the same problem as "jbirdink"...Also.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the contrib the latest version.

I have tried the code that pop the top had uploaded and made sure all the files were in the correct dirs. I have uploaded them in both binary and ascii. I just cant seem to get the print invoice to work. The window comes up with the website "template" and some undefined links at the end of the breadcrumb but I cant figure out how to get this to work properly... The store is live but you can log in to my test account.....

I have a test account.

user is:[email protected]

pass: tester

find the store at help me out please

My clients really want to launch...but not with this issue any help would be great thanks.

Uncamoe :blink:

I am still having this issue and cannot figure out what the heck is going on. If someone could help me feel free to email me at the addy uncamoe at moewebdesign with the dot com.

I have included a screen shot of what i get when I click on the print invoice button on the account_history_info.php page

inkPrintError.jpg

If any body has a helpful hint for me I would appreciate it. It does not appear that the other users that have had this issue have ever gotten any help or a resolution. Please if you know what I am missing dont hesitate to let me know thank you

Stephen

Thanks in advance for your help!

Stephen

hello,

the contribution is great but now it sends two emails. one is html and the other one is text. it is possible to send just the html one? and how to add the order number in subject?

thanks

Edited by invasi0n

• 2 weeks later...

After installing the Fancier Invoice & Packing slip contrib , I get this error message:

Warning: main(d:/mypath/httpdocs/oscommerce/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in d:\mypath\httpdocs\oscommerce\includes\modules\email_invoice\email_invoice.php on line 30

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'd:/mypath/httpdocs/oscommerce/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php' (include_path='.;./includes;./pear') in d:\mypath\httpdocs\oscommerce\includes\modules\email_invoice\email_invoice.php on line 30

Are my permissions possibly wrong ?

Never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in groups.

hi , im working on improving the contribution and move some laguage define to the adminisitration , so taht u don't have to write them for all languages , and you could change them easier , and alos use the echo tep_image function instead of the href used for the moment

i waould like t ohave people testing my version and alos help me finish it, and if Pop-the-top is ok with it release the new version .

for the moment im stuck with a javascript in the line of of the logo image

here is the original:

<td align="left"><?php echo '<input type="image" src="' . INVOICE_IMAGE . '" width="' . INVOICE_IMAGE_WIDTH . '" height="' . INVOICE_IMAGE_HEIGHT . '" " alt="' . INVOICE_IMAGE_ALT_TEXT . '" onClick="javascript:ShowHide(\'comments_open\',\'comments_close\');">'; ?></td>

here is mine :

<td align="left"><?php echo tep_image(INVOICE_IMAGE, INVOICE_IMAGE_ALT_TEXT, INVOICE_IMAGE_WIDTH, INVOICE_IMAGE_HEIGHT);?><?php onClick="javascript:ShowHide(\'comments_open\',\'comments_close\');">'; ?></td>

for the moment i got a parse error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '=' in v:\easyphp\www\ms2fr\catalog\admin\invoice.php on line 47

anyone willing to work together with pm and ill give my msn messenger

MS2

i change the code to :

<td align="left"><?php echo tep_image(INVOICE_IMAGE, INVOICE_IMAGE_ALT_TEXT, INVOICE_IMAGE_WIDTH, INVOICE_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?> onClick="javascript:ShowHide(\'comments_open\',\'comments_close\');" </td>

but now i go the image and this code right to this image :

onClick="javascript:ShowHide(\'comments_open\',\'comments_close\');"

meaning je javascript is taken as text ...

MS2

i fanlly got this code with no erros , but also dont work when i click

<td align="left"><input type="image" onClick="javascript:ShowHide(\'comments_open\',\'comments_close\');"><?php echo tep_image(INVOICE_IMAGE, INVOICE_IMAGE_ALT_TEXT, INVOICE_IMAGE_WIDTH, INVOICE_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

MS2

does anybody ifthere is a way to use the admin css for the page opened when a customer click on "print an order" , my shop i s wit ha black backgroung , so is the printed page , nobody will print fully black page :blink:

MS2

does anybody ifthere is a way to use the admin css for the page opened when a customer click on "print an order" , my shop i s wit ha black backgroung , so is the printed page , nobody will print fully black page :blink:

This probably isn't the perfect way of doing it, but here goes:

In the /catalog/print_my_invoice.php file find the following code: (its pretty close to the top)

<!-- body_text //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

....change the 'table border' statement to include the 'bgcolor' parameter, so it looks like this:

<!-- body_text //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#ffffff">

<tr>

..... this makes most of the invoice white except for the footer. Adding a few <br> commands just after the 'thank you message' reduces the effect, but I know there's a better way to do it (properly) - I just don't have the time to analyse it.

Hope this helps to tie you over. :)

Wouldn't print_my_invoice.php use the catalog/stylesheet.css instead of the admin css?

or were you talking about the admin/orders.php side for the store owner to print an invoice?

Actually, I think it would be the same fix, just different files to apply it to.

You could easily add the bgcolor #FFFFFF (white), as tencents said, but it should be (I think) in the <body> rather than the <table>. This should result in the whole page being white including the footer. Except if any styles in print_my_invoice.php would overwrite this. It could be added as a class in the stylesheet.

I think if you're going to print an invoice, the background should always be white. As you said no-one will print a black page. Or any other color for that matter It would probably be best as hardcoded. No need for stylesheet as it wouldn't need to be changed to suit any individual stores.

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" onload="window.print();return false">

But then again, in keeping with modern standards of using css instead of individual tag attributes, you could build a little stylesheet embedded in print_my_invoice.php <head>. My understanding is that individual page's styles overwrite anything set in a stylesheet.css.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

<style type="text/css">

body {background-color: #FFFFFF;}

</style>

or you could make new class in stylesheet.css "PrintMyInvoiceBody".

Please adjust as needed if my syntax is off. I'm getting better but still have a lot to learn. Hope this helps move you along the path. Great idea to update the files to use css and english files where it can. This is one of my favorite MODs.

hey while you're at it, for the footer, how about:

<CENTER><span class="smallText_INVOIVE"><FONT FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#006699"><strong><?php echo INVOICE_TEXT_THANK_YOU; ?><BR><?php echo STORE_NAME; ?><BR><?php echo STORE_URL_ADDRESS; ?></strong></font></span></CENTER>

change to:

<span class="PrintMyInvoiceFooter"><?php echo INVOICE_TEXT_THANK_YOU; ?><BR><?php echo STORE_NAME; ?><BR><?php echo STORE_URL_ADDRESS; ?></span>

and then add

.PrintMyInvoiceFooter {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

color: #006699;

font-weight : bold;

text-align: center;

}

to the page-style.

Toward Continued Success - - > Carol Hawkey - - > KidsLearnToSew.com - - > Wyoming, USA

Mods Installed - - > Authnet AIM2 - Bundled Products 1.4 - Fancier Invoice 6.1 - Email_HTML_Order_Link_Fixed - Header Tags Controller - Login aLa Amazon - JustOneAttribute - Article Manager - SPPC w/PB - spiders.txt - Dangling Carrot/Olive - Printable Catalog - CCGV(trad)

Planned Mods - - > Purchase Without Account - USPS Label - Ultimate SEO

Hi,

is it possible to print 4 invoices on one a4-paper?

i have stripped the invoice.php untill i was left with only;

- order number and products on the left

- delivery-adress on the right

if it is possible then i can print it on a sticky a4 paper with 4 columns and 2 rows ;)

Joep

After installing the Fancier Invoice & Packing slip contrib , I get this error message:

Warning: main(d:/mypath/httpdocs/oscommerce/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in d:\mypath\httpdocs\oscommerce\includes\modules\email_invoice\email_invoice.php on line 30

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'd:/mypath/httpdocs/oscommerce/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php' (include_path='.;./includes;./pear') in d:\mypath\httpdocs\oscommerce\includes\modules\email_invoice\email_invoice.php on line 30

Are my permissions possibly wrong ?

MMMM!! - found it !! - damned permission on the invoice.php file in admin languages - I don't recall that being documented. :blush: :angry:

Wouldn't print_my_invoice.php use the catalog/stylesheet.css instead of the admin css?

or were you talking about the admin/orders.php side for the store owner to print an invoice?

Actually, I think it would be the same fix, just different files to apply it to.

You could easily add the bgcolor #FFFFFF (white), as tencents said, but it should be (I think) in the <body> rather than the <table>. This should result in the whole page being white including the footer. Except if any styles in print_my_invoice.php would overwrite this. It could be added as a class in the stylesheet.

I think if you're going to print an invoice, the background should always be white. As you said no-one will print a black page. Or any other color for that matter It would probably be best as hardcoded. No need for stylesheet as it wouldn't need to be changed to suit any individual stores.

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" onload="window.print();return false">

But then again, in keeping with modern standards of using css instead of individual tag attributes, you could build a little stylesheet embedded in print_my_invoice.php <head>. My understanding is that individual page's styles overwrite anything set in a stylesheet.css.

<style type="text/css">

</style>

or you could make new class in stylesheet.css "PrintMyInvoiceBody".

Please adjust as needed if my syntax is off. I'm getting better but still have a lot to learn. Hope this helps move you along the path. Great idea to update the files to use css and english files where it can. This is one of my favorite MODs.

hey while you're at it, for the footer, how about:

<CENTER><span class="smallText_INVOIVE"><FONT FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#006699"><strong><?php echo INVOICE_TEXT_THANK_YOU; ?><BR><?php echo STORE_NAME; ?><BR><?php echo STORE_URL_ADDRESS; ?></strong></font></span></CENTER>

change to:

<span class="PrintMyInvoiceFooter"><?php echo INVOICE_TEXT_THANK_YOU; ?><BR><?php echo STORE_NAME; ?><BR><?php echo STORE_URL_ADDRESS; ?></span>

and then add

.PrintMyInvoiceFooter {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

color: #006699;

font-weight : bold;

text-align: center;

}

to the page-style.

Oh Carol (that song just popped into my head now) - BTW: I dig your icon - Futurama rocks!!

Okay, one of your suggestions actually did the trick. I tried the style sheet thing, added the class but suddenly realised I don't know how to pull this into my code - I looked at examples and also tried to find the clues in your suggestions - nada. FYI: putting the bgcolor parameter in the <body tag didn't seem to work.

BUT THIS LITTLE PIECE OF CODE YOU SUGGESTED WORKED !! - 100%

in the /catalog/print_my_invoice.php file just under this piece of code...

...I added.....

<style type="text/css">

</style>

Bingo.

If I knew php well enough I would easily have been able to substitute the body { *stuff* } for the class I created in my stylesheet. Okay, if you insist, show us how easy it is.

:D Thanks!! - invoice is perfect.

when i add the bacground color in the body , the color remain the coloour of my catalog, instead , when i put it in the table it it s white, so i don't understand how u manage taht

by the way im working on a new version and i m gonna move some css info in the administration , that would give something like taht

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="<?php echo FANCIER_INVOICE_PRINT_BACKGROUND; ?>" >

i will as i already said need beta tester and popthe top to contact me ... also i would like to put more template in the contribution if any volunters for new templates !

MS2

but the solution proposed is maybe better tell me ?

that will give us :

<style type="text/css">
body {background-color: <?php echo FANCIER_INVOICE_PRINT_BACKGROUND; ?>;}
</style

and it works !

MS2

ok here it goes , i changed the line for better layout and use of varaible , but the name of the shop appears in a different color than the rest i dont know how to force a href link to be in a certain color

<CENTER><span class="PrintMyInvoiceFooter"><FONT FACE="Verdana" ><strong><?php echo INVOICE_TEXT_THANK_YOU; ?> <?php echo '<a href="' . STORE_URL_ADDRESS . '">' . STORE_NAME . "</a>\n";?></strong></font></span></CENTER>

MS2

good goin' azer & tencents, it's all about finding a way that works. I'm still new at php & css, though html I'm much better. But still is much to learn about the different ways of making things happen.

there is a way to make a <a href> link a different color, not sure you can do it with <span> for just one link; I think it has to be for all links on the page.

in stylesheet:

A.boxText {color: DarkGreen; font-size:10px;}

A.boxText:visited {color: VioletRed; font-size:10px;}

A.boxText:hover {color: Tomato; font-size:12px;}

also for <table> v. <body> and bgcolor v. background-color, different rules for different places and I don't know them all yet, but glad I pointed you in the right direction. <table> usually overrides <body> so if you have <body=white> and <table=black> you will have mostly black page. There that's the full exent of my knowledge, my thimble's empty :).

More at my fav resource

http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Toward Continued Success - - > Carol Hawkey - - > KidsLearnToSew.com - - > Wyoming, USA

Mods Installed - - > Authnet AIM2 - Bundled Products 1.4 - Fancier Invoice 6.1 - Email_HTML_Order_Link_Fixed - Header Tags Controller - Login aLa Amazon - JustOneAttribute - Article Manager - SPPC w/PB - spiders.txt - Dangling Carrot/Olive - Printable Catalog - CCGV(trad)

hey azer here's an idea for your plan of using lots of variables so more templates can be done, kind of like how there are button packages.

Since if you are using "PrintMyInvoice" it is irrelevant whether there is a link or not, people do not click on pieces of paper. OK, welll maybe the ones who use their CD drive as a cup holder :D

Actually the exact letters/spelling of the URL is more important than a descriptive link with the real URL behind it. So change the coding to not make it an active link at all, but just a text of the URL for the printout. Then it can be styled like all the other text on the page, however you want.

So change the coding to not make it an active link at all, but just a text of the URL for the printout

you are right , sometimes we keep on focusing in the wrong direction , i changed it

by the way th css tips u gave before , was not working , id like to know for other improvement ... does it work for you ?

MS2

Hi,

I have your contribution installed as well as Authorize.net Consolidated 1.7 and both require making changes to checkout_process.php. After making changes to the file as described by the Authorize.net contribution, and then making changes that your contribution requires, the checkout doesn't work. After clicking "continue" to confirm the order, I'm taken to a blank page. I reverted back to the version of the file just before making your changes but after the Authorize.Net changes and it worked. Do you know why this is?

I would really like to use your contribution, if possible, along with the Authorize.Net one.

Oh Carol (that song just popped into my head now) - BTW: I dig your icon - Futurama rocks!!

Okay, one of your suggestions actually did the trick. I tried the style sheet thing, added the class but suddenly realised I don't know how to pull this into my code - I looked at examples and also tried to find the clues in your suggestions - nada. FYI: putting the bgcolor parameter in the <body tag didn't seem to work.

BUT THIS LITTLE PIECE OF CODE YOU SUGGESTED WORKED !! - 100%

in the /catalog/print_my_invoice.php file just under this piece of code...

...I added.....

<style type="text/css">

</style>

Bingo.

If I knew php well enough I would easily have been able to substitute the body { *stuff* } for the class I created in my stylesheet. Okay, if you insist, show us how easy it is.

Thanks!! - invoice is perfect.

Though I would add this in case anyone else had the problem I had: I was using an image for my website background and did not want that background to appear on my "print my invoice", but I wanted the rest of the stylesheet coming through (for fonts, etc) so I instead added:

<style type="text/css">
body {background-image: none;}
body,td,th {color: #000000;}  
</style>

In the same place as discussed earlier, (print_my_invoice.php, between <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">, and </head>). The "body {background-image: none;}" is the important part that takes off the background image.