• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v1.0

PopTheTop

FROM smokestack...

Hi Scott, We recenly installed your contribution and it's great! BIG improvement  I was wondering if you have done anything similar for the print order on the customer side? Now our invoice & packing slip look great but our print order (that the customer prints out) doesn't look as good.. Just figured I would ask .. Thanks

Not yet. I am currently working on getting a new auction payment MOD installed on the site that will work with ANY online auction or misc payment for ANYTHING, even stuff or services not in the catalog.

It is just about done and working great so far. As soon as I am done, I will begin to add that in as well.

The only problem with that is that the customers may have a problem printing it if they do not have the browser print settings set to print background images. (see posts above for more info).

I guess I can add a print button on the top of the invoice and when a customer clicks it to print, a small popup window will appear stating what they need to do if the invoice does not print correctly (this is done using JavaScript). That should be very simple. Then when they click ok, the page will print.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I just added this contribution and it's GREAT!!! Thank you so much.

I do have one minor question ....

I would like to remove some of the price columns because I think the customer will get confused looking at 4 columns of prices ;) Where do I go about removing one?

Thanks again!!

Sorry it happens on SCREEN, I haven't attempted to print one out yet...  :blush:

Then you somehow screwed up the HTML code. Check your tables and table datas and colspans inside the table datas.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I just added this contribution and it's GREAT!!! Thank you so much.

I do have one minor question ....

I would like to remove some of the price columns because I think the customer will get confused looking at 4 columns of prices  ;)  Where do I go about removing one?

Thanks again!!

Download the 1st release at the bottom of the contribution page. I do not have that as well on my site then I added it back in for those of you who do use them. My original release of this contribution did not have the extra price columns where tax is added.

I see no reason to have them either since it adds the tax under the sub-totals and shipping column.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Unless it's a nekkid picture of a woman.  :)

No, not really. I see them every day as I work. Do not believe me? Then go to my site at http://www.ebid69.com

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

This worked nicely. much better but there is one big problem that I hope can be fixed. When I print out the invoice it also prints the path to the admin at the top of the page. How can I remove this?

Thanks

Elizabeth

Elizabeth,

See post #19 on page 1:

The other thing i had to change was the header and footer in "File->Page Setup.." and basically remove them; otherwise the URL and page number shows up by default.

That refers to your browser settings which are working independant of the contrib.

HTH

I would like to add the original customer comments to the invoice as the customer often uses them to indicate alternative preferences of colour in case I am out of stock. Could you tell me what code I would need to add? and where?

Thanks

Christine

I am leaving but will get to that later on tonight and post it. I like that idea and this should be added to the MOD.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Ta - I found some code to add the comments just as text - ideally I would like to be add them in a box as they show on the edit screen (and really asking for the moon - I'd like to be able to include them or not - some customers comments are pure chat).

Out of interest - on my test shop I don't have the Invoice and Packing Slip options - is this something in the config - which file adds those buttons to the 'Orders' page. I put back the original orders.php in case my paypal edit had removed them - but to no avail - so I guess its something I've missed in admin to turn them on?

Christine

Out of interest - on my test shop I don't have the Invoice and Packing Slip options - is this something in the config - which file adds those buttons to the 'Orders' page.  I put back the original orders.php in case my paypal edit had removed them - but to no avail - so I guess its something I've missed in admin to turn them on?

I think that I can do that for you. I will get it added this week for you guys.

Ta - I found some code to add the comments just as text - ideally I would like to be add them in a box as they show on the edit screen (and really asking for the moon - I'd like to be able to include them or not - some customers comments are pure chat).

Click on ORDERS and then click on the order you want to see. You should see a few buttons on the far right that state:

Details

Invoice

Packingslip

Delete

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Ok, I have updated this MOD to reflect order comments. I am still working on it to get it fine tuned and as soon as I get it going, I will release it.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Don't know then. You must be running 2 different versions or somehow deleted that from the code.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Don't know then. You must be running 2 different versions or somehow deleted that from the code.

Haven't tracked it down yet - but have worked out that a default orders.php solves the problem - the hair tearing was because it didn't seem to have made any difference - but refreshing the cache in my firewall, explorer and eventually a reboot and I have them back.... starting to wish there was any easy way to put a 'version' marker on each page so that you could tell if what you were looking at really was the latest code!

Christine

Ok, I have updated this MOD to reflect order comments. I am still working on it to get it fine tuned and as soon as I get it going, I will release it.

! Sweet ! I was just coming in here to find out about adding the customer's comments...

And thanks again for all your help with my login page!

Hello,

I would like to change the date on the ivoice and packingslip in dutch.

Now it is like:

Bestelling: #1

Tuesday, 01 March 2005

So i would like to change " Tuesday" into Dinsdag and "March" into Maart.

Also the "Sold to adres" and the "Send to adres" are still in english style and i also want to change that to:

Zipcode, City instead of City, Zipcode

Anybody know how to do that?

Laurens

Hello,

I would like to change the date on the ivoice and packingslip in dutch.

Now it is like:

Bestelling: #1

Tuesday, 01 March 2005

So i would like to change " Tuesday" into Dinsdag and "March" into Maart.

Also the "Sold to adres"  and the "Send to adres" are still in english style and i also want to change that to:

Zipcode, City  instead of City, Zipcode

Anybody know how to do that?

Laurens

Do print from the English language admin or Dutch ?

I have no problems with those using my multilanguage adaption ?!

Then you somehow screwed up the HTML code. Check your tables and table datas and colspans inside the table datas.

No I didn't even mess with the HTML code inside the Invoice.php file...

However I did notice that if you CENTER your main table it screws up the invoice at the TOTALS.

No biggie I moved the TOTALS and made it's own table, then made it ALIGN = RIGHT. :thumbsup:

Sorry for the delay. I had to put it on hold. I do have it done, I just have to add it to the contribution and upload it.

Been real busy on 2 other modifications that are going on over at my site. I am adding in a Manual Payment Entry system on my site and a few other things as well.

This Manual Payment Entry system started out being for auction payments. I wanted a way for my auction bidders to be able to send their payment through my osC catalog but I needed a way for them to be able to enter their own product detail through a text field and their own price for the winning bid price and the shipping combined and still not be billed for shipping during checkout.

Then they can also continue to shop and add other items from the store into their shopping cart as well. Then the shipping for the other store items would be billed as normal, not interfering with the auction item.

This may sound HUGE, but really quite simple AND it will work with ANY online auction, not just eBay.

Then I got an idea to add a similar thing for other misc payments like having a customer be able to send payment for a service or product that you do not even have in the catalog. OR... If you wanted to give a customer a 1 time discount, they could go their and send their payment through the new Misc Payment screen.

Anyway... I should have my updated contribution added in the next few days.

================

As far as the other thing I am talking about, if you want to see it in action, go to http://www.popthetop.com/catalog/index.php and click on Auction Payments at the bottom of the category list.

It has taken me about 8 months to figure it out and I finally did it with the "paid" help of someone else. Just a few small details need to be worked out and it will be done.

The small detail to be worked out is that the new payment system uses only 1 Product Option. When you add a payment to your shopping cart, it creates a new Product Attribute for the payment details / description. Since this info is saved in the order details, there is no need for it to be saved as a Product Attribute so we are working on getting it deleted from the database at the payment confirmation screen.

This way, it will not load up your Product Attribute database with TONS of payment details.

The only other contribution (I believe) that this new Manual Payment Entry system requires is the Free Shipping Per Product v1.0 contribution from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2517 (the 13 Oct 2004 release of v1.0).

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Ok, updated...

Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v1.2

Order Comments have been added and the date that the order comments were submitted on. Screen shot is included.

Download from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2861

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Hi aLL.

Installed the contrib and am extreamly pleased.

One simple question. Dont even know if its anything to do with the invoice.

I changed the length of my model number to 20.

The invoice prints out only the default 12 as a model number.

does anyone have a clue how to go about sorting this.

Ive searched the forums for hours without success.

all help greatly apreciated.

Keep smiling

Colin