• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v1.0

PopTheTop

in /includes/languages/english/ the only file I could find was print_my_invoice.php and i couldnt see where to edit what I was looking for :(

I even looked in admin/includes/languages/english/ and found invoice.php and packingslip.php but still theres no where in those files to edit 'Store_name' or the others :(

I have this contribution working really well, I think it's great.

I have one problem. My customers receive HTML emails but with no images - i.e. the tables and everything is missing, just the data is shown and it looks terrible. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks

I have one problem. My customers receive HTML emails but with no images - i.e. the tables and everything is missing, just the data is shown and it looks terrible. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks

I have most of this working now but it has a box with a missing image that says oscommerce, how do I get rid of this?

Thanks

Thanks

If your site is on the web, set the image file permissions to 777

If your site is on the web, set the image file permissions to 777

Hi I tried that, I still just get the text oscommerce - I figure there's somewhere I should be able to change that alt text too.

Incidentally it was your answers on the previous page which helped me resolve the bulk of this problem - so thanks for that too.

I wonder if I have an incorrect path to the image somewhere, but I can't work out which file that would be in?

Thanks

Lotti

Hi I tried that, I still just get the text oscommerce - I figure there's somewhere I should be able to change that alt text too.

Incidentally it was your answers on the previous page which helped me resolve the bulk of this problem - so thanks for that too.

I wonder if I have an incorrect path to the image somewhere, but I can't work out which file that would be in?

Thanks

Lotti

I noticed this in the other post

// Image Info

define('INVOICE_IMAGE', '/images/topbar.jpg'); //Change this to match your logo image and foler it is in

define('INVOICE_IMAGE_WIDTH', '180'); // Change this to your logo's width

define('INVOICE_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '85'); // Change this to your logo's height

define('INVOICE_IMAGE_ALT_TEXT', STORE_NAME); // Change this to your logo's ALT text or leave blank

but I'm not sure which file that is in.

Thanks

// Image Info

define('INVOICE_IMAGE', '/images/topbar.jpg'); //Change this to match your logo image and foler it is in

define('INVOICE_IMAGE_ALT_TEXT', STORE_NAME); // Change this to your logo's ALT text or leave blank

Thanks

I've looked at the email source and it says:

src=3D"http://www.MYDOMAIN.co.uk/catalog/images/osc=commerce.gif"

so I suspect this is the issue, where do I change that bit?

Thanks

// Image Info

Thanks

I have it in admin\includes\languages\english\

email_invoice.php

invoice.php

packingslip.php

print_my_invoice.php <--- but that may be another contrib

If you haven't solve your problem with printing as a customer. I found out the "bug", you have to add

define('FILENAME_PRINT_MY_INVOICE', 'print_my_invoice.php');

In catalog/includes/filenames.php just before ?>

Hope this will help you..

Regards

Peter

Thanks Peter,

I made that change. When I press print invoice, a new screen appears with the invoice data but I can't print it - any other suggestions?

Thanks

do you know how I could change this at the top of invoice.php, packing_slip.php and print_my_invoice.php to my actual store details?

Store Name

Address

Country

Phone

Setup your store details at Config > My Store with your details - hint use html to <b>(bold) etc..

• 2 weeks later...

ive found something a little strange...

When I view my invoice and packingslips on the admin side by clicking the relavent buttons next to a customers order they look like this:

invoice1.gif

but when I print them they look like this:

invoice2.gif

How can I remove the website address from the top right hand corner? Its not good for customers to see the admin section.

How can I make it so that when you print the invoice the edges of the box are smooth and not disjointed like in the first pic as opposed to the second?

Thanks,

Ben

^ thanks candycanuck, I managed to change that as iwjdesigns had already replied, but I appreciate your help.

Out of interest... do you get the same problem I mentioned in my post above. When you print the packing slip are all the lines round the outside of the boxes disjointed too? I am really looking for a way to fix this as it looks much better when the boxes are outlined fully.

Thanks,

Ben

Is this happening to anyone else, do you think there could be a problem with my stylesheet? Why would the boxes look different when they are printed, I really would like some help - it must be fairly simple.

If you dont understand the problem im having, just ask and ill explian it again. The pictures above should be fairly self explanatory.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

^ thanks candycanuck, I managed to change that as iwjdesigns had already replied, but I appreciate your help.

Out of interest... do you get the same problem I mentioned in my post above. When you print the packing slip are all the lines round the outside of the boxes disjointed too? I am really looking for a way to fix this as it looks much better when the boxes are outlined fully.

Thanks,

Ben

Sorry, Its too late to edit my last post, but I have a few more questions:

Is it possible to send an email to myself because I have no idea what the HTML invoice or the box invoice looks like and dont want to buy something from myself, but would like to see what emails my customers could be receiving.

Also, I just found 3 files that look like this "db_hugo-20070403192849.sql" in /public_html/includes/modules/email_invoice/templates what are they for? I dont think I have seen them before.

Also, what pages are the emails actually sent from and what file do I need to edit if I want to chnage the wording in the original OsCommerce order email?

Thanks,

Ben

Edited by Benjjj6

• 3 weeks later...

Hope someone can help me on this. Not that good with coding but I understand it is something to do with $this

Our server has just been upgraded to PHP 5 and when I view invoice.php I get the following error...

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/admin/public_html/admin/invoice.php on line 183

This is the code....

<?php

if (tep_not_null($order->info['cc_number'])) {

$this->cc_card_number_less_middle_digits = substr($order->info['cc_number'], 0, 4) . str_repeat('x', (strlen($order->info['cc_number']) - 8)) . substr($order->info['cc_number'], -4);

?>

Also when a customer views one of their previous orders via account_history_info.php they can see the Address, order then date of order but the rest of the order is blank. Unfortunatley their is no error code or line number as a reference.

I have hunted high and low but cannot find the answer.

Anyone ?

Thanks

Hope someone can help me on this. Not that good with coding but I understand it is something to do with $this

Our server has just been upgraded to PHP 5 and when I view invoice.php I get the following error...

I have hunted high and low but cannot find the answer.

Anyone ?

Thanks

Did you look here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=177004

ive found something a little strange...

When I view my invoice and packingslips on the admin side by clicking the relavent buttons next to a customers order they look like this:

invoice1.gif

but when I print them they look like this:

invoice2.gif

How can I remove the website address from the top right hand corner? Its not good for customers to see the admin section.

How can I make it so that when you print the invoice the edges of the box are smooth and not disjointed like in the first pic as opposed to the second?

Thanks,

Ben

^ Is any one having this problem? it seems like a strange but probably fairly simple error. I cant believe everyone else has their invoices looking like this and hasnt said anything. Am I the only one who thinks this is a problem?

At the moment im forced to copy the entire thing into word and delete the lines because they look too amateur. Why does the box have a smooth outline when you view it online but not when you print it?

Also, Could someone post a screenshot of how the HTML email invoice option looks, I would rather send the HTML version to my customers although I dont know how it looks or if it all works ok. Is it possible to send a sample to myself?

Thanks,

Ben

Edited by Benjjj6

I have installed this mod and on the whole it works well and the invoices look loads better. The only problem is that I dont get any order confirmations through now. I have STS and HSBC payment modules installed. The customer gets an order confirmation no prob.

If I turn the HTML eMails off then I get one and the customer doesnt!!

Any one any ideas?

Eddy

Edited by acideddy

^ Is any one having this problem? it seems like a strange but probably fairly simple error. I cant believe everyone else has their invoices looking like this and hasnt said anything. Am I the only one who thinks this is a problem?

At the moment im forced to copy the entire thing into word and delete the lines because they look too amateur. Why does the box have a smooth outline when you view it online but not when you print it?

Also, Could someone post a screenshot of how the HTML email invoice option looks, I would rather send the HTML version to my customers although I dont know how it looks or if it all works ok. Is it possible to send a sample to myself?

Thanks,

Ben

Yup, my prints look the same. The issue is the images on the side. Do a right-click to see the actual size. Each is specced to stretch onscreen but will retain its original size in print. Fix? I will be replacing the corners with flat corners and the sides with a clear spacer.gif. Won't see the sides onscreen or in print. Works for me :)

jon

It's all just ones and zeros....

thanks for the reply Jon, although I think I would rather keep the borders myself :(

I might try and create a longer lines for the sides and hope that the boxes are the same size each time. Do you know what file the images are mentioned in? i.e. what files I would have to change if I changed the names of the images.

Thanks,

Ben