• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Using UPS AND USPS

MistyMeanor

I am fixing to have an oscommerce shopping cart, and I wanted to MAKE SURE that me as a seller, I sell by weight. Is it possible for me to choose UPS AND USPS for my preferred shippers and my customers can get quotes to choose if they want their item shipped UPS or USPS?

I just want to make sure of this as I have tried some other things and you can only choose one or the other to offer to your customers.

I am fixing to have an oscommerce shopping cart, and I wanted to MAKE SURE that me as a seller, I sell by weight.  Is it possible for me to choose UPS AND USPS for my preferred shippers and my customers can get quotes to choose if they want their item shipped UPS or USPS?

I just want to make sure of this as I have tried some other things and you can only choose one or the other to offer to your customers.

I am pretty new around here but I have had some experience with this. The short answer is yes. You will need to have registered an account with USPS at http://www.uspsprioritymail.com/et_regcert.html to use this module

Then enter your account number and passward in the shipping module. You will also have to set your products with the weight.

During checkout the cart will calculate the total weight, add any handling fee you want to collect and then calculate their shipping for you. It will display options for the customer, i.e.; ground, 2nd day, overnight etc.

Side note: One thing I am finding with osCommerce is that while it is a bit intimidating at first...just jump in with both feet...MAKE BACKUPS...in fact whenever I am editing a specific file...I cutnpaste the code to notepad...then I go ahead and make my changes and then save. If it blows up...I can restore easily. Good luck and have fun...

Edited by overnight

I am pretty new around here but I have had some experience with this.  The short answer is yes.  You will need to have registered an account with USPS at http://www.uspsprioritymail.com/et_regcert.html to use this module

Then enter your account number and passward in the shipping module.  You will also have to set your products with the weight. 

During checkout the cart will calculate the total weight, add any handling fee you want to collect and then calculate their shipping for you.  It will display options for the customer, i.e.; ground, 2nd day, overnight etc.

Side note: One thing I am finding with osCommerce is that while it is a bit intimidating at first...just jump in with both feet...MAKE BACKUPS...in fact whenever I am editing a specific file...I cutnpaste the code to notepad...then I go ahead and make my changes and then save.  If it blows up...I can restore easily.  Good luck and have fun...

No, what I am asking is if I can offer multiple carriers for my customers?

Say I choose UPS and USPS as my preferred shippers.

When the customer checks out, can they choose between UPS and USPS to decide which shipper THEY want to use. Can I offer BOTH and let the customer choose based on shipping price.

Yep, you can offer both of those options to your customers at the same time. In the administration section, click on "Modules" and then "Shipping" and you'll see a list of possible shipping options. You can enable as many of them as you would like. The various options you've selected will then display to the customer during the checkout process.

If you don't see the options you want, check out the contributions page to download the most recent UPS / USPS shipping modules. If you have any questions let me know,

Brian

No, what I am asking is if I can offer multiple carriers for my customers?

Say I choose UPS and USPS as my preferred shippers.

When the customer checks out, can they choose between UPS and USPS to decide which shipper THEY want to use.  Can I offer BOTH and let the customer choose based on shipping price.

Yep, you can offer both of those options to your customers at the same time. In the administration section, click on "Modules" and then "Shipping" and you'll see a list of possible shipping options. You can enable as many of them as you would like. The various options you've selected will then display to the customer during the checkout process.

If you don't see the options you want, check out the contributions page to download the most recent UPS / USPS shipping modules. If you have any questions let me know,

Brian

Thank You Very Much!