• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newbie Authorize.net problem

korbermodels

I just tried installing the Authorize.net gateway and when I try and complete an order I get an error message:

There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again.

What am I doing wrong? Please explain it to me like I'm 3 or I won't be able to understand it.

Bob

I just tried installing the Authorize.net gateway and when I try and complete an order I get an error message:

There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again.

What am I doing wrong? Please explain it to me like I'm 3 or I won't be able to understand it.

Bob

Are you in production or test mode? Are you using an actual card number? Is your account set up to accept the type of card you are testing with? Have you checked your settings on your authorize.net contol panel (especially the Response/Receipt URLs)? Have you entered the correct transaction key?

Edited by baddog

Are you in production or test mode?  Are you using an actual card number?  Is your account set up to accept the type of card you are testing with?  Have you checked your settings on your authorize.net contol panel (especially the Response/Receipt URLs)?  Have you entered the correct transaction key?

I was in production mode. I was using the test card number that authorize.net provided to test your site. I believe everything was pointed correctly. I'm not sure what the Transaction key is though. Thanks.

I was in production mode. I was using the test card number that authorize.net provided to test your site. I believe everything was pointed correctly. I'm not sure what the Transaction key is though. Thanks.

Log on to authorize.net, click on Settings and Profile, and click on Obtain Transaction Key.

Log on to authorize.net, click on Settings and Profile, and click on Obtain Transaction Key.

Thank you. I was able to run test transactions succesfully. I have turned off the test mode. Do you think I will encounter any other issues? My site is not SSL protected, will that cause me problems? Thanks for the help, I realize these questions seem silly for an experienced person.

Thank you. I was able to run test transactions succesfully. I have turned off the test mode. Do you think I will encounter any other issues? My site is not SSL protected, will that cause me problems? Thanks for the help, I realize these questions seem silly for an experienced person.

See if your host has a shared SSL certificate available. Use that if possible. Your customers will appreciate it (if they know the difference). And don't forget to button up your admin folder.

Hi Dave,

I still seem to be having trouble with setting up authorize.net (i'm not the original poster for this thread) I apologize if I'm breaking some ettiquette or doing something wrong here. I just was hoping to get an answer. I'm banging my head against a wall and it helps to be able to talk to someone who knows what they're doing. I created a new post at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=132369 . If you could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Simon