• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with Authorize.net payment module

uhzoomzip

Ok,

I'm using the default module for authorize.net included with osCommerce 2.2ms and I keep getting an error message.

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the Merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

I check authorize.net and the order actually does go through and the card gets charged (tested in both test and production modes).

So it seems as if everything is working ok up to the part where osCommerce would take the successful transaction and let the customer know that their transaction was successful. My guess is that it should take the sever response from authorize.net and continue the order process.

Has this been addressed before? Is this a new problem? If it has been addressed and someone can direct me to the answer I would appreciate it. If not and someone can help please please let me know.

Edited by uhzoomzip

Ok,

I'm using the default module for authorize.net included with osCommerce 2.2ms and I keep getting an error message.

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the Merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

I check authorize.net and the order actually does go through and the card gets charged (tested in both test and production modes).

So it seems as if everything is working ok up to the part where osCommerce would take the successful transaction and let the customer know that their transaction was successful. My guess is that it should take the sever response from authorize.net and continue the order process.

Has this been addressed before? Is this a new problem? If it has been addressed and someone can direct me to the answer I would appreciate it. If not and someone can help please please let me know.

Do you have Force Cookie Use (admin/configuration/sessions) set to true or false? If true, try false.

Do you have Force Cookie Use (admin/configuration/sessions) set to true or false?  If true, try false.

Hi Dave,

No it's set to False. I made a new post explaining the problem in more detail at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=132369 . If that description helps more I'd appreiciate any advice you can give.

Simon

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem for the last five days.

Here is what authorize.net said:

When Authorize.net is responding back to a script on your server, our system waits 10 seconds for a response. If we do not get a response in 10 seconds, our server will time out and display an error page. The first thing that you will need to look for is the order that your script executes. It is very important that something is printed to the screen before any other process is started. If your script prints to the screen first, we will recognize that you are receiving the information. The most effective method would be to PRINT the headers, and a line of text such as "Processing, please wait."

To resolve this issue:

-Check that your script permissions are correct and that it can accept a HTTPS POST.

-Check that the script is not completing other functions before writing to the screen, such as writing to a database or sending emails.

- Please check to see if there are different processes that are used in your script for approvals, declines, or errors. Be sure to check each process to be sure that each process will write to the screen before any other functions.

- Check if your script is using redirects immediately upon receipt of the response from our servers. Redirects are discouraged because they can potentially interfere with the process.

***On occasion, timeouts will occur that are outside of the control of your script or our servers. Typical reasons for these timeouts are Internet traffic, your server is overloaded or malfunctioning, or Internet routing issues. Depending upon your server location and what route is used to send data, it is possible that you may occasionally receive the message you are seeing.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same problem for the last five days.

Here is what authorize.net said:

When Authorize.net is responding back to a script on your server, our system waits 10 seconds for a response. If we do not get a response in 10 seconds, our server will time out and display an error page. The first thing that you will need to look for is the order that your script executes. It is very important that something is printed to the screen before any other process is started. If your script prints to the screen first, we will recognize that you are receiving the information. The most effective method would be to PRINT the headers, and a line of text such as "Processing, please wait."

To resolve this issue:

-Check that your script permissions are correct and that it can accept a HTTPS POST.

-Check that the script is not completing other functions before writing to the screen, such as writing to a database or sending emails.

- Please check to see if there are different processes that are used in your script for approvals, declines, or errors. Be sure to check each process to be sure that each process will write to the screen before any other functions.

- Check if your script is using redirects immediately upon receipt of the response from our servers. Redirects are discouraged because they can potentially interfere with the process.

***On occasion, timeouts will occur that are outside of the control of your script or our servers. Typical reasons for these timeouts are Internet traffic, your server is overloaded or malfunctioning, or Internet routing issues. Depending upon your server location and what route is used to send data, it is possible that you may occasionally receive the message you are seeing.

I had the same problem, updated my authorize.net module to use the advance contrib:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...y,1/search,curl

working now.

Onnig

• 2 weeks later...
I had the same problem, updated my authorize.net module to use the advance contrib:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...y,1/search,curl

working now.

I installed the same contribution, did a little testing, thought it looked good. Went live with it, and the first real transaction resulted in the server error. Any other suggestions?