• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

froogle download leaves off my urls

fosbender

My store was built using this great software, so in the admin panel my host gave me I used the export froogle.txt and sent it to my computer. I noticed that all the urls are missing my actual url address. it is replaced with http://www.your-domain.com/etc. Looks like this:

http://www.your-domain/catalog/images/kwanyin15thumb.jpg

The picture links all have the "your-domain" too.

Obviously, froogle links don't go to "your-domain". To correct I can either manually chg all the "you-domains" to the actual domain (taking me hours) or someone out there may know an easier way.

I have a control panel and will try to use that for froogle feed. Seems from my reading here there's a way, but I have a feed, just need a quick chg for the 'your-domain' thing in Excel or on the feed download itslelf. Uploading to froogle is e z.

Suggestions and help greatly appreciated!

I haven't used froogle, but why don't you do a "search & replace" using a text editor. You can use wordpad or download something better like Textpad. Easy, simple replacement.

If you've never used or downloaded "bk ReplaceEm". It's a great search and replace tool that will search through all your folder and change info in your documents.

good luck.

Did you update admin/froogle.php before uploading it?

My store was built using this great software, so in the admin panel my host gave me I used the export froogle.txt and sent it to my computer.  I noticed that all the urls are missing my actual  url address.  it is replaced with http://www.your-domain.com/etc.  Looks like this:

http://www.your-domain/catalog/images/kwanyin15thumb.jpg

The picture links all have the "your-domain" too.

Obviously, froogle links don't go to "your-domain".  To correct I can either manually chg all the "you-domains" to the actual domain (taking me hours) or someone out there may know an easier way.

I have a control panel and will try to use that for froogle feed.  Seems from my reading here there's a way, but I have a feed, just need a quick chg for the 'your-domain' thing in Excel or on the feed download itslelf.  Uploading to froogle is e z.

Suggestions and help greatly appreciated!

I haven't used froogle, but why don't you do a "search & replace" using a text editor.  You can use wordpad or download something better like Textpad.  Easy, simple replacement.

If you've never used or downloaded "bk ReplaceEm".  It's a great search and replace tool that will search through all your folder and change info in your documents.

good luck.

Did you update admin/froogle.php before uploading it?

Thanks for the info, but I have no idea how to update the admin/froogle.php.

SHort of manually rebuilding each product file, I'm at a loss on how to easily download my products to my computer and get the correct product and picture addresses.

Uploading to froogle is simple for me, but there must be something I'm missing for the download from my admin page. Any help out there?

You need to read over the install instructions, there are severl things that need to be edited to make the froogle part to work correctly and output the correct information.

It sounds like the basic install was done but not the froogle part.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

You need to read over the install instructions, there are severl things that need to be edited to make the froogle part to work correctly and output the correct information.

It sounds like the basic install was done but not the froogle part.

Thanks. the website was sold to me, but i guess I'll have to do the stuff myself. I'll do some readin' tonight. Just where do I make the changes to the install? control panel? the server's admin pages? Call the hostmaster? (don't ya just love the ignorant?)

thanks for the help...hopefully I can figure out what needs to be done and then work on "where I have to do the action"....

mike