• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo

Trying to upgrade to 2.0 from 1.4,

when I try to run install-seo.php I am getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /usr/local/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/htdocs/includes/seo_cache.php on line 47

The error is on the whole site, so it's not an install-seo.php error. But does anyone know how to fix it?

Might be worth noting, if I replace the 2.0 seo_cache.php file with the old 1.4 one everything works fine again....

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Thank you for this contribution, it's exactly what I was looking for.

I've installed it, but I'm not totally convinced that it's working exactly as it should. I'm still seeing SIDS in the Who's Online area, although I don't see them myself on the site.

Please could someone take a look at my site and see if there is something not quite right?

I know I still need to change the hardcoded urls on the index page.

Regards,

Paul

Hi,

Thank you for this contribution, it's exactly what I was looking for.

I've installed it, but I'm not totally convinced that it's working exactly as it should. I'm still seeing SIDS in the Who's Online area, although I don't see them myself on the site.

Please could someone take a look at my site and see if there is something not quite right?

I know I still need to change the hardcoded urls on the index page.

Regards,

Paul

Hint...this contrib do not remove ur sids..it gives u search engine friendly urls....

to remove sids...

1. only for search engine spiders - in ur admin go to configuration/sessions and set prevent spider session to true.

(In such a case its also advisable to download and use the latest spiders.txt from the contribs section)

2. If you want to prevent sids showing to all visitors, in ur admin go to configuration/sessions and set force cokkies to true.

(Att. this will not work correctely if you are iusing shared ssl)

B)

Hi,

I have SEO URLs installed and it works great. Thank you for such a great contribution!

I would like to know if there is a way to make Easy Populate generate a froogle file with the SEO URLs? Because right now it looks like it's generating the default dynamic php URLs. If this has already been touched on, please point me directly to the post and I'll check it out.

Thanks,

Paulie

Hello!

I've been trying to install the seo_redirect script many times but it doesn't work on my site. As I found chemo's contribution very usefull I've adapted it to many pages on my site. As a consequence many urls are not translated.

Actually only links from my tep_draw_pull_down_menu function are not translated into seo urls (manufacturers_box for instance). So I was wondering if there was a way to modify this function to have it run with ultimate seo?!

function tep_draw_pull_down_menu($name, $values, $default = '', $parameters = '', $required = false) {
   $field = '<select name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '" class="pullDown""'. '"';

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $field .= ' ' . $parameters;

$field .= '>';

if (empty($default) && isset($GLOBALS[$name])) $default = stripslashes($GLOBALS[$name]);

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($values); $i<$n; $i++) {
     $field .= '<option class="pink" value="' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['id']) . '"';
     if ($default == $values[$i]['id']) {
       $field .= ' SELECTED';
     }

$field .= '>' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['text'], array('"' => '"', '\'' => ''', '<' => '<', '>' => '>')) . '</option>';
   }
   $field .= '</select>';

if ($required == true) $field .= TEXT_FIELD_REQUIRED;

return $field;
 }

OSC2.2

I had a contrib added that prevented sids showing anyway, and they never used to show.

Just realised that I've removed the quantity box from next to the buy now buttons, so I'll have to add that back in somehow.

I get the following error when trying to run this contribution

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_parent_topics() 
> > > in /includes/seo_cache.php on line 280

However the function tep_get_parent_topics() is an actual function in my files. I tried searching through the topic and the forums, but I am quite limited on time to search through all of the pages.

Please only respond to this if you can help.

Thanks.

I get the following error when trying to run this contribution

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_parent_topics() 
> > > in /includes/seo_cache.php on line 280

However the function tep_get_parent_topics() is an actual function in my files.  I tried searching through the topic and the forums, but I am quite limited on time to search through all of the pages.

Please only respond to this if you can help.

Thanks.

That error is not related to this contibution...it is due to an addon that was released for Ultimate SEO URLs for the articles contribution.

I empathize with your lack of time to search as I'm too short on time to do the search for you as well.

BTW, it absolutely chaps my arse when someone posts "someone do the work for me" messages. Then you follow it up with a "please respond only if you can help" to prevent the flames that you know will follow a bullshit post like the one above. My professional recommendation to you is get off your arse and use the search button. Alternately, uninstall the contribution and have a Coke and a smile.

Bobby

Hrm I didnt know asking for help was a bad thing, and wanting to prevent flames was even worse. Oh well, I guess when you're a douche bag you'll do it anyway.. I didn't ask anyone to do anything for me.. I asked for help if anyone else had that error because with my schedule I don't have time to sit here and read through 45 pages of stuff.

So please, don't tell me to get off my arse and do work myself, I do about 15 hours of freelance work a day, if I feel the need to ask for help I believe I am entitled to that.

Next time don't respond if you have a tampon inserted into your oversized vagina.

Bobby, Chris, could you advice me? Is this modification possible or should I give it up. I'm not skilled in php but I'm trying to have it worked.

Thanks!

Hello!

I've been trying to install the seo_redirect script many times but it doesn't work on my site. As I found chemo's contribution very usefull I've adapted it to many pages on my site. As a consequence many urls are not translated.

Actually only links from my tep_draw_pull_down_menu function are not translated into seo urls (manufacturers_box for instance). So I was wondering if there was a way to modify this function to have it run with ultimate seo?!

function tep_draw_pull_down_menu($name, $values, $default = '', $parameters = '', $required = false) {
   $field = '<select name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '" class="pullDown""'. '"';

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $field .= ' ' . $parameters;

$field .= '>';

if (empty($default) && isset($GLOBALS[$name])) $default = stripslashes($GLOBALS[$name]);

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($values); $i<$n; $i++) {
     $field .= '<option class="pink" value="' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['id']) . '"';
     if ($default == $values[$i]['id']) {
       $field .= ' SELECTED';
     }

$field .= '>' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['text'], array('"' => '"', '\'' => ''', '<' => '<', '>' => '>')) . '</option>';
   }
   $field .= '</select>';

if ($required == true) $field .= TEXT_FIELD_REQUIRED;

return $field;
 }

OSC2.2

Hrm I didnt know asking for help was a bad thing, and wanting to prevent flames was even worse.  Oh well, I guess when you're a douche bag you'll do it anyway.. I didn't ask anyone to do anything for me.. I asked for help if anyone else had that error because with my schedule I don't have time to sit here and read through 45 pages of stuff.

So please, don't tell me to get off my arse and do work myself, I do about 15 hours of freelance work a day, if I feel the need to ask for help I believe I am entitled to that.

Next time don't respond if you have a tampon inserted into your oversized vagina.

So now I am a douche bag with a tampon inserted into my oversized vagina? You need to seek therapy for your inferiority complex.

15 hours of coding every day as a freelancer? That tells me that you're not very good at what you do...or, you have taken one too many stupid pills. As a professed compesated freelancer shouldn't you have the skills necessary to understand the code and troubleshoot the installation? hhhmmm...must be an amateur.

I coded the contribution for anyone that would find the code useful. I support the contribution to no end however the questions and problems after 45 pages has become redundant. There is not one question that has not been answered at least once. So, get off your ass and use the search button.

It's pricks like you that give me the motivation to provide free code and support...have a nice day :)

Bobby, Chris, could you advice me? Is this modification possible or should I give it up. I'm not skilled in php but I'm trying to have it worked.

Thanks!

The reason the URLs are not transformed is because it is using a form and passes the manufacturers ID as a GET parameter. The redirect script will transform the URLs automatically but there is no way to do it directly as part of the form.

Bobby

The reason the URLs are not transformed is because it is using a form and passes the manufacturers ID as a GET parameter.  The redirect script will transform the URLs automatically but there is no way to do it directly as part of the form.

Bobby

THanks for your reply Bobby! Well I'm gonna try another time to install the redirect script but I'm not confident at all!

Regards!

OSC2.2

I have an error I've yet to solve, looking for soem help/

http://www.anime-industry.com/ is my site. checkit out or the error is:

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/animeind/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 41

Same error on line 41,64,73

edit: IT FIXED ITSELF SOMEHOW< YAYYYYYY!!!! THIS CONTRIB ROCKS!!

Edited by perpetual-burn

Phil,

Open the file (includes/boxes/categories.php) and put an "@" symbol in front of each in_array() function. It should look like this:

@in_array(X, Y)

Bobby

Yes I have received the email...I am trying to knock out as many smaller projects this weekend as possible. My list of projects in waiting is getting pretty long so need to increase my efficiency :)

Bobby

Susan,

I believe it was posted somewhere in this massive thread. The solution is to use tep_get_prid() in the redirect code. Try using the "search this thread" function at the top and see if you can find it...

Bobby

Bobby, using the search thread function, the only post I found was this, from February 17:

The problem was that the products_id needed to be sanitized with tep_get_prid() which is only needed with URLs generated to or from the shopping cart.

Also, the logic to check for valid parameters needed to be tweaked to turn off the redirect if parameter is not defined in the cache.

Bobby

Sorry to sound like a ninny, but while I understand the concepts of this, I don't know how to implement it. Any chance you could at least direct me to the file(s) to edit, so I can try to find the answer myself?

Thanks,

Susan

Actually, the fix may be already in. I'm confused. My links with attributes seem to work fine, and the only time I see the funky URLs is when coming back to the product from the shopping cart, when the redirect kicks in to fix it. So it may not be a problem. It was behaving differently earlier today, but it seems to have sorted out now.

Example product:

Earrings with attributes

Thanks,

Susan

Actually, the fix may be already in. I'm confused. My links with attributes seem to work fine, and the only time I see the funky URLs is when coming back to the product from the shopping cart, when the redirect kicks in to fix it. So it may not be a problem. It was behaving differently earlier today, but it seems to have sorted out now.

Example product:

Earrings with attributes

Thanks,

Susan

I just checked your site and everything seems to be in order...the redirect script functions as it should.

Bobby

I just checked your site and everything seems to be in order...the redirect script functions as it should.

Bobby

When I add a item to the shopping cart I get this ?= at the end of the url after the .html when the shopping cart auto sends me back to the product page.

Bobby I was wondering if there was a contribution out there or if you could custom one that would redirect all of my old urls from my old sunshop shopping cart over to the new urls? I have 9750 products. Is the .htaccess the best method and if so can you point me to a article that can explain to me how to do it. I think adding 9750 scripts in a .htaccess file is kind of alot don't you think?

Mike

Edited by bugauto

Yes I have received the email...I am trying to knock out as many smaller projects this weekend as possible.  My list of projects in waiting is getting pretty long so need to increase my efficiency :)

Bobby

Cheers, and no worries lol