• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo

My Paypal IPN 3.0 contrib suddenly stopped working...

It had always returned customers orders with a status of 'Processing'. Now, even with completed payments, the status is always 'Pending' and the 'Order Process' email is no longer being sent to Admin.

I had this same exact thing happen with the SEF Urls so I was going to look into this one is hopes of it not being a problem here.

I found a few snippets of code which caused the problem, not sure if SEO does it the same way but its something to think about...

In HTML Output, adding this code

$url_rewrite = new url_rewrite;

$link = $url_rewrite->transform_url($link);

In Application Top adding

// SEO URLs

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'url_rewrite.php');

$url_rewrite->request_url();

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this same exact thing happen with the SEF Urls so I was going to look into this one is hopes of it not being a problem here.

I found a few snippets of code which caused the problem, not sure if SEO does it the same way but its something to think about...

In HTML Output, adding this code

$link = $url_rewrite->transform_url($link);

In Application Top adding

// SEO URLs

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'url_rewrite.php');

$url_rewrite->request_url();

I believe the transform_url function and the url_rewrite.php class are specific to the SEF URL's contribution which is very different from Ultimate SEO URL's...

Brian Neuman

I believe the transform_url function and the url_rewrite.php class are specific to the SEF URL's contribution which is very different from Ultimate SEO URL's...

Well crap, figured it was worth a shot. Its possible its the same problem, just coded differently. Something that is done in the URL manipulation seems to be causing the problems.

Well crap, figured it was worth a shot.  Its possible its the same problem, just coded differently.  Something that is done in the URL manipulation seems to be causing the problems.

I have been pretty busy and I have not been following all of this thread but a quick check for people using SEO URLS

Make sure:

Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)? => false

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? = > false

Chris

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

I have been pretty busy and I have not been following all of this thread but a quick check for people using SEO URLS

Make sure:

Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)? => false

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? = > false

Chris

Chris,

I do not have the "Output W3C valid..." in my configurations. These are the only options I have under SEO URLS:

Enable SEO URLs?                                            true   
Add cPath to product URLs?                               false   
Add category parent to begining of URLs?           true   
Filter Short Words                                            3   
Enable SEO cache to save queries?                    true   
Enable product cache?                                      true   
Enable categories cache?                                  true   
Enable manufacturers cache?                            true   
Enable articles cache?                                       true   
Enable topics cache?                                         true   
Enable information cache?                                 false   
Enable automatic redirects?                                true   
Choose URL Rewrite Type                                 Rewrite   
Enter special character conversions    
Remove all non-alphanumeric characters?          false   
Reset SEO URLs Cache                                     false

Was that option eliminated with an update (I'm using v2.1d) or is there a variable that is not being pulled into my configuration for some reason?

Brian Neuman

My web guy has steered me away from wanting this contrib. but I really think that it helps SEO-bigtime!

He told me that its been buggy and that adding it my already customized OSC store would surely 'blow it up'

So is this mod still buggy, and has anyone installed on a heavily modded OSC site?

Does anyone know if you can use the Header Tags Controller contribution by Linda with the Ultimate SEO contribution by Chemo?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,207

Hey Jazzter,

I try to use Header Tag Controller v2.5.3 by Jack York!

It works perfect... but since I?ve installed Ultimate SEO URL the Title-Tag don?t work... read some posts back about my problem!

Man I've read so much stuff, yet I still can't get rid of the Oscsid from the address bar... Any help would be great... All I know is this, it was working fine when it was in my root, but currently I moved the entire cart to a spereate folder, I changed the configure files, and the cart runs fine, however the oscsid doesn't leave the address bar no matter what I do...

Thanks for your help...

Robert P.

I have installed this contribution and it works great, except for spiders. I have lots of modifications to my site, so this is probably causing my problem.

When I disable cookies on my browser (to simulate a spider), the URL's are missing the product/category name (shows as http://www.mysite.com/-c-58.html instead of http://www.mysite.com/product-name-c-58.html ).

When cookies are enabled, the first time I go to the site I get the link with the missing product name. But after I click on a link I start to get the product name for all subsequent links.

Seems that the contribution isn't able to determine the product name. Where does it capture this? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Man I've read so much stuff, yet I still can't get rid of the Oscsid from the address bar... Any help would be great... All I know is this, it was working fine when it was in my root, but currently I moved the entire cart to a spereate folder, I changed the configure files, and the cart runs fine, however the oscsid doesn't leave the address bar no matter what I do...

Thanks for your help...

Robert P.

Panic,

In your configure.php in both admin and catalog, make sure you have the cookie domain set to '.yoursite.com'. Then the cookie path should be '/folder/' (the / could be different for you).

Also, in Admin,->configuration -> sessions, make sure force cookie use is false and prevent spider sessions is true.

Those are the correct settings that you have.

No in your browser, check if cookie's are enabled. If cookies are disabled, then the oscsid will stay in the address bar for as long as you browse the site. If cookies are enabled, then only the first click after you enter the site will have the oscsid in the browser address bar.

I have installed this on two different stores:

Store 1: (Version 2.0b)

On the product info page the 'Review' button has this link

www.xxxxx.co.uk/catalog/product_reviews.php?products_id=29

Store2: (Version 2.1c)

On the product info page the 'Review' button has this link

www.xxxxx.co.uk/catalog/product-name-pr-36.html

Both work, but if I enable the 'Review' box (in a column) on store 2, and click on that box to a review, it just produces garbage even though the link is the same. If I disable the review box in the column it is fine.

Have I made a mistake on install, or is there a problem with this newer version?

Edited by Floob

Hello,

Will this Ultimate SEO URL contribution work fine or requiere different installation procedure on Windows server 2003 IIS

Thanks

No,

If you want to use SEO URLs use cNAME pNAME.

I dont know of anyone who had been able to get mod rewrite to work on windows

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

I am new at all this.I was told not to download any contibutions, as they would "muck' things up. :'( I am now in the process of switching from that hosting to ipowerweb. My problem is that the main page is HTML for the SEO, but now it will look funny with ipower. I am trying to figure out if there is someway to change the HTML to PHP(?) or whatever OS is based in. Would This contribution be helpful? Thanks for all your helpful posts in advance. :)

Spirit Artist

Hello!

The contribution is GREAT, thanks a lot! :) I would like to add model number to the url, as most products I sell are ommonly searched by number. How can I do it?

Thanks in advance!

is there a way to incorporate ?page= into the URL when paginating a category's products?

if this has already been addressed and i missed it, can someone point out where? 

thanks!

i jury rigged a fix. i'm thinking this can be done in the seo class, but i did it in includes/classes/split_page_results.php

if the other class is a better way, any help working this is appreciated.

i replaced

var $sql_query, $number_of_rows, $current_page_number, $number_of_pages, $number_of_rows_per_page, $page_name;

with

var $sql_query, $number_of_rows, $current_page_number, $number_of_pages, $number_of_rows_per_page, $page_name, $dummy;

then

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[$page_holder])) {
        $page = $HTTP_GET_VARS[$page_holder];
      } elseif (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS[$page_holder])) {
        $page = $HTTP_POST_VARS[$page_holder];
      } else {
        $page = '';
      }

with

preg_match("/(-c-).*\.html/",$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],$this->dummy); 
     if($this->dummy[1]!=NULL) {//yeahyeahyeah. if we're on a category page do this
      preg_match("/-pp-(\d*)\.html/",$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],$matches);
      $page = $matches[1];
     }
     else {//any other page with splits
      if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[$page_holder])) {
        $page = $HTTP_GET_VARS[$page_holder];
      } elseif (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS[$page_holder])) {
        $page = $HTTP_POST_VARS[$page_holder];
      } else {
        $page = '';
      }
     }

then

return $display_links_string;

with

if($this->dummy[1]!=NULL)//yeahyeahyeah. if we're on a category page do this
      $display_links_string=preg_replace("/(-pp-\d*)?\.html\?page=(\d*)/","-pp-$2.html",$display_links_string);//attempt to rewrite using regex
     return $display_links_string;

category page pagination will now look like baby-burp-cloths-ribbon-only-c-21_37-pp-2.html

instead of baby-burp-cloths-ribbon-only-c-21_37.html?page=2

Hi,

I have SEO URLs installed and it works great.  Thank you for such a great contribution!

I would like to know if there is a way to make Easy Populate generate a froogle file with the SEO URLs?  Because right now it looks like it's generating the default dynamic php URLs.  If this has already been touched on, please point me directly to the post and I'll check it out.

Thanks,

Paulie

i don't think froogle cares if you have ugly urls, they should still work with mod_rewrite. you don't need to have seo urls for froogle's service to work currectly, you're feeding it directly to them?!?