• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo

osCid will show up if you have cookies off or the first time you come to the site during a session. If your osCid doesn't go away, then make sure you have your cookies set up right in your configuration.php file. Also, if your cName works, but rewrite doesn't then chances are that your problem is in your .htaccess file.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call your server administrator and tell him to fix it...the problem is most likely due to restrictive configuration values in the Apache httpd.conf file.  There is no way around it.  Your server admin will either fix it or the contribution won't work on that server.

Bobby

Chemo,

Could you please tell me what needs to be changed in the Httpd.conf file for this to work?

Thank you!

osCid will show up if you have cookies off or the first time you come to the site during a session. If your osCid doesn't go away, then make sure you have your cookies set up right in your configuration.php file. Also, if your cName works, but rewrite doesn't then chances are that your problem is in your .htaccess file.

How do I set the cookies right in my /includes/configuration.php file? What are the values then?

Im having a problem using this contribution with the Simple Template System (STS). I set up everything and it's working the urls are being rewritten. However, if I try to jump to a sub-category then it gives me a page not found error. For those of you that are familiar with STS, if I use a variable such as $urlcat_1_21 for a subcat, then Ultimate SEO URLS rewrites the url like this:

http://www.mysite.com/clothes-c-21.html_37

How do I get it to display like this:

http://www.mysite.com/clothes-c-21_37.html

Please help.

I have the contribtion working like a charm, the urls are being rewritten, but the pages are coming up as a 404 errors.

I have rewritten the .htaccess files a few times, but since the store is a subdomain, does the .htaccess file need to be edited further?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.yourdomain.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.yourdomain.com');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

Thanks, but still doesn`t work right with the Rewrite mod. I already have spend 5 days to fix this issue by changing the configuartion and did reinstall of 3 times and still the Rewrite won`t work. I give up on this contri. I guess I just have to live with it. >_<

Thanks Brent for replying my posts.

I have the contribtion working like a charm, the urls are being rewritten, but the pages are coming up as a 404 errors.

I have rewritten the .htaccess files a few times,  but since the store is a subdomain, does the .htaccess file need to be edited further?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I forgot to mention that it works fine with the Cname enabled.

If your cName works but not the rewrite take a look at the URLs being generated. If they are correct (good directory and filename) then it is most likely an issue with the htaccess file.

Bobby

Oh man, I finally got this thing working tonight, and I didn't even have to beg for help! :D

I had lots of problems though (none were because of the script). My host had osCommerce pre-installed, and all my database tables have an "osc_" prefix on them. So anytime I try to use a contrib that writes to the DB, I have to go through them line by line to find all table references and append that prefix (took me FOREVER to figure out that problem.)

I also use STS (yea yea I know) and for some reason, I couldn't call image files from within the osc directory anymore. So my header graphic had to be moved to my site root, and now it works fine. :blink: Again, that one took me forever to figure out, I'm not even 100% sure that was the exact issue, but it worked once I moved them so we'll take it!

Anyway, finally got it working, and I thank you tons!! Once biz picks up a bit, I might even make a kindly donation... so keep your fingers crossed!

"People tell me I have an inferiority complex. They must be right; after all, they are all smarter than me."

I found this post while looking for the solution and wanted to see if you guys had an idea on whether this is truly a result of the Ulitmate SEO URL's contrib or not...

I have noticed that after installing SEO URL (which is a fabulous mod, BTW) that multiple session id's are being generated.  I've posted this on another thread and have yet to receive any response, so I thought I would try here. 

This may be purely coincidental and may have been happening prior to the install, so I was hoping I could get some feedback from other users of the mod.

If a customer comes to my site and session id's are generated, and the customer clicks on a link, then uses the back button on their browser, another session id is generated.  Has anyone else noticed this with or without this mod?

I am anxious for a solution so any input would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

I just noticed that this is happening on my site as well.  It showed up on the "Who's Online" contribution by listing the same IP several times - each is a different session ID.  I assume this is happening when a customer uses the back button but not sure why.  I'm going to post this question on the Ultimate SEO URL's thread and see if they have a solution...

Brian Neuman

I found this post while looking for the solution and wanted to see if you guys had an idea on whether this is truly a result of the Ulitmate SEO URL's contrib or not...

Nevermind - I figured this out on my own. I was not using a tep_href_link on the "Top" link in the breadcrumb...

Brian Neuman

Hello group.

Has anyone had a problem using the .htaccess with their webhost? I continue to get page 500 errors.

Any one... Any one??

Hi All,

I have this error in my admin folder under SEO URL set up:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/downdogs/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1201

A similar error is showing up under customer details in admin:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_cfg_get_customer_group): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/downdogs/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1201

Warning: call_user_func(tep_cfg_get_customer_group): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/downdogs/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1201

Any ideas?

THanks

And I will put my opinion here... find a new host.  I have used them and it was a mess, they lost a "registered" domain of my clients mid-term (even thought they paid to buy it - I had to deal with the down time)...

and I have migrated all my clients for like over a year and they are still billing me.  I personaly thouht the support was some of the worse...

OI wish I had checked BBBAbacuse  first not after...anyway - it is off topic but if you are doing seriosu hosting I would be scared ;)

I was never able to figure this out with aplus.net for the Mama Maternity website. However I have my own personal website hosted at Aplus and my year of hosting is up with them. So I want to switch hosts. I don't know if you are allowed to recommend any other host. I?ve looked at Pair Networks and they have an Advanced Plan for $17.95 a month. I?m guessing I can run OsCommerce on this plan, correct? I?m fine with being on a shared server and using a shared certificate.

I only have two requirements:

1) That I can run Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo.

2) That I can run two shopping carts on the server. This plan says it has 5 mysql databases so would I be able to run two installations of OsCommerce one for my retail website in the index directory and another for wholesale in a directory called wholesale?

3) Last that I can run GD Library so I can us Auto Thumbnailer.

So does anyone use the Ultimate SEO URLs and 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer contributions on Pair Networks? Once again thanks Bobby and Chris for all your time helping with my issue.

i am in the process of installing it, and have a quick question.

On step 4 whenI edit the html_output file, the stuff I copy into, doesn't seem to fit right. When i paste it in, it changes the color of the text, which I think is a parse error. Under what did you inset the code starting with

function implode_assoc($array, $inner_glue='=', $outer_glue='&') {

Anyhelp would be great!

2dogrc

Edited by 2dogrc

i am in the process of installing it, and have a quick question.

On step 4 whenI edit the html_output file, the stuff I copy into, doesn't seem to fit right.  When i paste it in, it changes the color of the text, which I think is a parse error.  Under what did you inset the code starting with

function implode_assoc($array, $inner_glue='=', $outer_glue='&') {

Anyhelp would be great!

2dogrc

} # end foreach
$container = ( sizeof($container) > 1 ? implode('-', $container) : $str );
return $container;

seems that if I take out the ">" the code color switches?..I am a little confused. I am using textpad..pretty sweet editor!

I FINALLY GOT IT. I did teh redirect tutorial mentioned in a link in this post to find the appropriate redirect in my .htaccess. Great tutorial and very helpful. Thank you to the guys that helped!

mark ..woof!

Hi Chemo,

A small problem with my shop when using seo:

when I add a product to my cart and click on the button "continue shopping", it brings me to the product_info page of the product I just added to the cart instead of sending me to the previous product_listing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Chemo,

First, I'd like to thank you for this great contributions. I haven't had any problems with it is working great. Now I added the shop by price infobox contirbution by Matt Davies, and i like to make this SEO friendly, can you give me some pointers on how to do it. I just want to make the shop by price SEO friendly that when you click or point on the a certain price range the it will act like the category and translate that particular price range in html just a category.

Thank you

kenshin

Hi All,

I have had this great contrib installed and running for over a month now, and it has worked great. I have added new products and sub-catagories and the URL's have always been generated correctly.

I added a couple of new sub-cats earlier this week and added products to them. I also added some new products to some old cats. The new sub-cats, and all the new products added are not generating the pName and cName URLs.

Correct:

http://www.kmlscorner.com/product_info.php...-tommy-hilfiger

New product added:

http://www.kmlscorner.com/product_info.php...products_id=237

This has just begun happening as I have been adding new products all along and have not seen this happening.

I must have to fix something somewhere, but I have no idea of where to begin. If anyone has seen this happen and knows how to correct it, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance!

Hi again,

I have found the solution - simply hit the reset under the SEO config in the control panel. It has fixed the problem.

This must be something that needs to be done regularly?

Thanks!

Hi again,

I have found the solution - simply hit the reset under the SEO config in the control panel.  It has fixed the problem.

This must be something that needs to be done regularly?

Thanks!

I'm trying to install Ultimate SEO. The install instructions must be for the default application_top.php file, I have had header tags installed & i guess that changed the application_top.php file so i'm not sure where to place the install code. The instructions say to put the new code after these lines but i can't find them

if ( isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cName']) && defined(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['cName'])) ) {
  	 $cPath = str_replace( 'cPath=', '', constant(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['cName'])) );
  	 $HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'] = $cPath;
   }
   if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pName']) && defined(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['pName'])) ) {
  	 $pid = str_replace('products_id=', '', constant(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['pName'])));
  	 $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] = (int)$pid;
   }

The original code must have been changed, the only major change i made is header tags controller. Can someone help me on where to put the redirect code??

Hello,

Thank you Chemo for this contribution! easy to install and deal with.

My site starts to be spiderred and google loves it :))

I wouls like to have my url to include the category like:

www.mysite.com/category_name/product-c-49.html

I tried to read and search this thread but can't find it.

Thank you

Pierre