• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo

Hi Bobby,

I know you are terribly busy and I really appreciate all the time you put into helping people like me. Any advice you can give is appreciated.

I have read the forum(s) about seo urls and found a hint at my problem, but thought maybe it you might have another answer.

Like many before I am getting the warning "Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /usr/www/users/erin/shop/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 31", etc. over my categories box.

I tried adding the (@in array as you said and that cleared it up for the categories. However, I still get the error on pages like index.php, shopping cart.php, and other non category pages. Did I misunderstand where to put the @?

I am using the htaccess rewrite and include it, below, just in case I messed that up...

# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to
# the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#   AllowOverride Options
# </Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)
#
#
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
# Change "folder" to your catalog directory name
RewriteBase /shop/
#
# ADD SEO URLS CONTRIBUTION MOD REWRITE
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# END ADD SEO URLS 4-29-05
#
#STOP SPIDER SESSIONS AND REDIRECT 5-5-05
# Skip the next two rewriterules if NOT a spider
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} !(msnbot|slurp|googlebot) [NC]
RewriteRule .* - [S=2]
#
# case: leading and trailing parameters
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.+)&osCsid=[0-9a-z]+&(.+)$ [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) $1?%1&%2 [R=301,L]
#
# case: leading-only, trailing-only or no additional parameters
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.+)&osCsid=[0-9a-z]+$|^osCsid=[0-9a-z]+&?(.*)$ [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) $1?%1 [R=301,L]
#
#

The really wierd part is that it all works fine on Apache2triad. It is only on my hosts site that I see the problem.

I have reinstalled the database, deleted and uploaded the files, twice.

Still the same error, but only on the non category pages... :(

Everything else works GREAT! :lol:

We have been closed for 6 months, due to family illness and this new store is scheduled to go online in less than a week. I would love to get this ugliness off my site, before I open the site.

In case you are interested, my hosting server info is:

Server OS: FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE      Database: MySQL 4.0.18-log 
Server Date: 05/05/2005 19:15:47      Datebase Date: 05/05/2005 19:15:50 
Server Up Time: 7:15PM up 11:52, 3 users, load averages: 2.73, 1.70, 1.20 

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.29 
PHP Version: 4.3.10 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Erin :D

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chemo,

First I would like to say thanks for this incredible contrib, from what I have read it seems like a winner. I have installed the contrib and it passes all of the tests on your spider crawling website and works like a charm on the product pages, however I do have one problem. Forgive me if the answer has been mentioned in a previous post but I read through the first 30 pages and could not find a definitive answer, this thread is getting looonggg. A while back Kathy was having problems with the links in her shopping cart, I am having a problem with accessing the secure server. Wether it be logging in or going to checkout from the shopping cart the webpage simply does not load. I am using the latest SEO version with the beta-3 SEO-redirect.

My website, www.bladesnthings.com

This is my configure file just in case it is a simple mistake here with the cookie settings or anything else:

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.bladesnthings.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://secure14.nexcess.net/bladesnthings.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'bladesnthings.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'bladesnthings.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

//Added for BTS1.0

define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', 'templates/');

define('DIR_WS_CONTENT', DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . 'content/');

define('DIR_WS_JAVASCRIPT', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'javascript/');

//End BTS1.0

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/bladesnt/bladesnthings.com/html/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxx');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxx');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxx');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give, I will continue to play around with different setting to see if by some miracle it decides to work.

Marc

Chemo,

I`m sorry if this question have been asked before but I already have read last 20 posts and 12 posts in the beginning. And I still didn`t figure what the answer is.

Your contri works fine except when I choose the Rewrite module in my admin I get 404 errors. The url looks looks fine to me. Strange thing is that the Cname module works.

Please tell me what did I do wrong! :'(

This is my .htaccess file:

# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.3 2003/06/12 10:53:20 hpdl Exp $
#
#
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
# </Directory>
#

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
   SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
            nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
            downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>

# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>
php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
#  php_value register_globals 1
#</IfModule>

RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

Options +FollowSymLinks

Hi Bobby,

I know you are terribly busy and I really appreciate all the time you put into helping people like me. Any advice you can give is appreciated.

I have read the forum(s) about seo urls and found a hint at my problem, but thought maybe it you might have another answer.

Like many before I am getting the warning "Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /usr/www/users/erin/shop/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 31", etc. over my categories box.

I tried adding the (@in array  as you said and that cleared it up for the categories.  However, I still get the error on pages like index.php, shopping cart.php, and other non category pages. Did I misunderstand where to put the @?

Hi Bobby,

I just wanted to come back and say I am sorry, if I wasted any of your time. I was so tired :blink: yesterday. This morning, I decided to go back through all of your install instructions, and then double check every single file.

Everything was good. It just did not make sense, because it works so great on my Apache2Triad server. Then, I thought about Cache...

When I first installed the seo mod, I was not aware that you had a cache mod, too. I misunderstood the instructions and thought you meant the OSC cache. So, I put in the code for the cache installed. After reading the forums, I saw that this was not necessary and changed it back. However, I did not change my database settings for the OSC cache.

Even though I made the changes you suggested about the @ character in the array, and reset the seo cache, I did not reset the database cache (listed under tools in the admin), so I kept seeing the error.

Everything Works GREAT! :thumbsup:

I only post this long explanation, in the event that some other poor cluck like me makes the same mistake and is searching for an answer.

I hope this did not waste too much of your time.

Thank you, for your assistance and for a wonderful contribution!

Peace,

Erin :D

Taosan,

Where is your .htaccess file located? Also check your server error logs, if it says that your memory limit is being exceeded you should go ahead and ask your hosting provider to increase the memory limit accordingly. This happened with me and all I had to do was up my memory limit from 8MB to 10MB.

Marc

Get with me on instant messenger...I'll rewrite the contribution for you to not use the cache at all.  It will add more queries per page but that's the trade-off for SEO URL pages.  Although it'll be more queries they will be very fast.

Bobby

@ Bobby and Tony -

I am having the same problem. I have looked everywhere I can think of and I still get 404s the minute I uncomment $cache->get_cache('GLOBAL');. Have you guys gotten this worked out?

Hello,

Great tool!!!!

Installation was easy and very well expalined wow.

I have a slowlyness issue. Pages are generated very slowly.

The site is not live yet but you can see it at: Discount magazines

Thank you for your comments.

Pierre

Brent, Marc,

My .htaccess file is located in the root. I have checked my server log file and it is blank while the rewrite mod was selected. I have no idea what I did wrong.

I am having the same problem. I have looked everywhere I can think of and I still get 404s the minute I uncomment $cache->get_cache('GLOBAL');. Have you guys gotten this worked out?

Which file are you talking about to uncommet above code?

Brent, Marc,

My .htaccess file is located in the root. I have checked my server log file and it is blank while the rewrite mod was selected. I have no idea what I did wrong.

Which file are you talking about to uncommet above code?

That code is found in application_top.php, but I don't think our problems are related. I am having the same problem that Tony (niknakgroup) is having. What is the address of your store?

Here is the entire bit of code that is pasted in:

# include the cache class
include('includes/classes/cache.class.php');
$cache = new cache($languages_id);
# include the Ultimate SEO URLs cache file
include('includes/seo_cache.php');
# Get the cache - no parameters will get all GLOBAL cache entries for this language
$cache->get_cache('GLOBAL');

if ( isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cName']) && defined(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['cName'])) ) {
$cPath = str_replace( 'cPath=', '', constant(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['cName'])) );
$HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'] = $cPath;
}
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pName']) && defined(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['pName'])) ) {
$pid = str_replace('products_id=', '', constant(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['pName'])));
$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] = (int)$pid;
}

For both my install and Tony's if you comment out that line, then our stores work, but SEO URLs don't. If you leave that line in, we get the 404 problem. This happens whether or not SEO is turned on or not, with cname or rewrite.

Something I am looking in to now is the server admin software we both have (Plesk 7.5). I have had other problems related to Plesk and I am starting to think that it's the source of the problem here as well.

Edited by NHRAFan

Im fairly certain its in the Plesk setup, but both myself and Chemo have been through it with a fine tooth comb and found nothing that could be causing this......However, I will say that I had this working perfectly on my shared server, it is only when I got my own server running Plesk Reloaded that the problems started......Anybody else able to run this running Plesk Reloaded? I cant imagine that Brent and I are the only two with P.Reloaded who have tried to use this contrib.....I had all but given up, but maybe if its not just me, there is a solution out there somewhere!! :)

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

As I told you on Live Help the problem is in application_top.php and will have to be debugged for YOUR Windows server setup.  The issue is in this block of code:

It is either not pulling the cache and evaluating the defined constants or there is some other issue with cPath's not matching up.  Either way be assured you will find the problem with those lines of code.  It cannot be located anywhere else.

Bobby

ok here is the code... but why does it need to be configured to my server it was installed on windows 2003 following directions to a T and I apologize but I dont have $50 to give you chemo :( I am going through a divorce... I dont know how to "Debug"

I am on a shared server.

// include the language translations
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');
 # include the cache class
include('includes/classes/cache.class.php');
$cache = new cache($languages_id);
# include the Ultimate SEO URLs cache file
include('includes/seo_cache.php');
# Get the cache - no parameters will get all GLOBAL cache entries for this language
$cache->get_cache('GLOBAL');

if ( isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cName']) && defined(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['cName'])) ) {
$cPath = str_replace( 'cPath=', '', constant(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['cName'])));
$HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'] = $cPath;
}
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pName']) && defined(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['pName'])) ) {
$pid = str_replace('products_id=', '', constant(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['pName'])));
$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] = (int)$pid;
}

Edited by dswofford

Well Brent,

I got vdeck control panel and I have only problems when I use rewrite. Using cpath works but don`t ask me why and how..... :'(

Another question just popup.... besides in the root I also do have another .htaccess in "somewhere" folder. Do I need to put the code also in it?

RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

Options +FollowSymLinks

Very nice contribution, but i have a small problem in that all product that were added before i installed SEO Urls get listed fine, but I have added two new products and they get listed like this:

http://www.chinesemotors.com/product_info.php?products_id=52

And it should look something like this

http://www.chinesemotors.com/86BYG-p-52.html

I have refreshed it and it stays the same.

I have changed from Rewrites to Cname and it still apears the same.

Also when i change to Cname the url of the products that work are like this:

http://www.chinesemotors.com/product_info....9015512mcp4-501

Note it is Pname?

I am new to all this so is that right?

zappautomation

OK I reset the cache and seems to be working now :)

Very nice contribution, but i have a small problem in that all product that were added before i installed SEO Urls get listed fine, but I have added two new products and they get listed like this:

http://www.chinesemotors.com/product_info.php?products_id=52

And it should look something like this

http://www.chinesemotors.com/86BYG-p-52.html

I have refreshed it and it stays the same.

I have changed from Rewrites to Cname and it still apears the same.

Also when i change to Cname the url of the products that work are like this:

http://www.chinesemotors.com/product_info....9015512mcp4-501

Note it is Pname?

I am new to all this so is that right?

zappautomation

hi

installed contrib with no probs but still get

http://******************.co.uk/catalogtester/shopping_cart.php?pName=aurora-body&cName=latex&osCsid=c08583bf719c1515c350388e6dc3cc3b

read through the posting ive found a few answers to this .. ex: change configure.php

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'http://******************.co.uk');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://******************.co.uk');

ive deleted the http, https & the // as in  previous post but when i save this and go back into the file it has returned to the above ?????

i also did a search on this and i cant figure out if sid`s are supposed to be there or not ???

please help..... had lovely long dark hair when i started this now i have a few tuffs left, dont wanna start pulling other hair out .... hehehehe :huh:

Send me your URL.  YOu should have SID's the first time if the customer has cookies enabled.  If no then yes they will have SID all along.

Chris

my store

hi still having this prob hope you can help

:thumbsup:

Well Brent,

I got vdeck control panel and I have only problems when I use rewrite. Using cpath works but don`t ask me why and how.....  :'(

Another question just popup.... besides in the root I also do have another .htaccess in "somewhere" folder. Do I need to put the code also in it?

RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

Options +FollowSymLinks

Is your store in the root directory? Post our htaccess file, it sounds like you are just having a configuration problem since cName works.

Try this:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.******************.co.uk');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.******************.co.uk');

I am pretty sure this is what you need.

Edited by NHRAFan

Brent,

My store is located in the root directory. And this is the .htaccess file in the root directory.

#/public_html/.htaccess# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.3 2003/06/12 10:53:20 hpdl Exp $
#
#
#
# Example:
#
# 
# 
#

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
            nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
            downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)

#
php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
#  php_value register_globals 1
#

RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

Options +FollowSymLinks

I hope you can help me out?

B.t.w Do I need to reset the cache of the Categories/Manufacturers box my admin ->Tools->Cache control?

Strange thing is that in my Admin->Configuration->Cache-> Use cache has a value ?False? Is it that suppose to be true?

Try this:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.******************.co.uk');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.******************.co.uk');

I am pretty sure this is what you need.

hiya thanks

but i already tried that when i save it then go back into it, it has reverted back to the original

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'http://*****************.co.uk');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://****************.co.uk');

& the osCid is still in the addy bar ?!?!?!?! :blink:

hiya thanks

but i already tried that when i save it then go back into it, it has reverted back to the original

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'http://*****************.co.uk');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://****************.co.uk');

& the osCid is still in the addy bar ?!?!?!?! :blink:

ok i think ive fixed it my self ...... turn force cookies to true....

but when i go to go to checkout it comes up with cookie usage page, ive got my security settings to medium ??????????

Edited by purplenikki

ok i think ive fixed it my self ...... turn force cookies to true....

but when i go to go to checkout it comes up with cookie usage page, ive got my security settings to medium  ??????????

Forcing cookies is a bad idea, there is something else wrong if your config file reverted to the original after you made the change.

Ok, I have done some more testing on the weird 404 problem that me and Tony are having. At first I thought it might be something Plesk related, or possibly with the MD5 hash. After this round, I am not so sure. I wanted to see if I could read the info in the cache table at all without doing any parsing of the info. I made a new, very basic page for testing. Here is the code:

require('includes/application_top.php');

// get the cache data out of the database
$text = $cache->get_cache('text');
//$prod_cache = $cache->get_cache('seo_urls_products');
$manu_cache = $cache->get_cache('seo_urls_manufacturers');
$cat_cash = $cache->get_cache('seo_urls_categories');

// check and see if the data was in the DB
if ($text) echo $text . '<p>';
else echo 'There is no text cache<p>';
if ($prod_cache) echo 'There is a product cache.<p>';
else echo 'There is no product cache<p>';
if ($manu_cache) echo 'There is a manufacturers cache.<p>';
else echo 'There is no manufacturers cache<p>';
if ($cat_cash) echo 'There is a categories cache.';
else echo 'There is no categories cache';

You'll notice that the product cache retrieval is commented out. When I leave that line out, I am able to pull the rest of the rows out of the DB table. If uncomment that line, then the page blows up and I get a 404. I am starting to think that the problem lies in the size of the product cash. I don't know how many items are in Tony's store, but I have 180 categories and about 5500 products right now.

Is there anyone using SEO URL with 5000+ products?

Edited by NHRAFan

More testing, more results.

I went in to the cache DB table and switched cache_global=0 for seo_urls_products ONLY. Now cName and rewrite both work for all categories. None of the actual products are getting SEO URLs obviously since $cache->get_cache('GLOBAL'); is no longer getting the products row since it is set to 0. If I reset the cache and cache_global=1 for seo_urls_products, then I go back to getting 404s again.

I changed soe_cache.php to set cach_global=0 for seo_urls_products and now at least I get SEO URLs for the category and manufacturer listings, which is better than nothing. If I figure out a way to get the products URLs to not blow up I'll post my results here.

Hi there! Many thanks for the great contrib! I have a huge problem with the rewrite mode:

My shop is running on a HOSTEUROPE Server, and they told me I would have to run the shop in php5 mode to be able to use the .htaccess file. I tried my shop with your contrib on my local machine using XAMPP and everything was working perfectly. Unfortunately it doesn't do so on HOSTEUROPE. I don't get an error message in the rewrite-mode, but the main page always stays the same when I click on different categories. When I click on a product, it says "product not found" or something like that.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

Bye the way: I had to put the following into my admin/includes/application_top in line 34:

if (!isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS)) {

$HTTP_GET_VARS = &$_GET;

$HTTP_POST_VARS = &$_POST;

$HTTP_COOKIE_VARS = &$_COOKIE;

$HTTP_POST_FILES = &$_FILES;

$HTTP_SERVER_VARS = &$_SERVER;

$HTTP_ENV_VARS = &$_ENV;

I always got an error message on my remote server. I didn't have to do this on my local install!! (ALSO php5!!) Just in case, this might be a problem!

Many thanks!!

Edited by Huitzilopochtli

oh, bye the way: have a look at my server-info: www.stereocar.de/info.php

my personal server settings are:

PHP-Magic-Quotes-GPC= "on"

PHP-Zend-ZE1-Compatibility="off"

PHP-Register-Long-Arrays="off"

PHP-Session-Use-Trans-SID="on"

PHP5-Extensions einstellen="phtml php5 php4 php3 php"

PHP-RegisterGlobals="on"