• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo

Tony,

You've got to be kidding me! :)

I'm glad you finally got it worked out since I was running out of ideas. Report back in a few weeks and tell us how it's working on your search engine result placements!

Bobby

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony,

You've got to be kidding me! :)

I'm glad you finally got it worked out since I was running out of ideas.  Report back in a few weeks and tell us how it's working on your search engine result placements!

Bobby

Sorry Tony,

Actualy I am wrong the stock configuration cache does not have this functions... I add them:

if (file_exists($config_cache_file)) unlink ($config_cache_file);
   $fp = fopen($config_cache_file , 'w');
   $fout = fwrite($fp , $config_cache_output);
   fclose($fp);
# Call the delete_cache_files()
tep_delete_cache ();
tep_delete_url_cache ();
tep_delete_man_cache_files ();
tep_delete_header_cache_files ();
tep_delete_tree_cache ();

sorry...

Chris

Edited by clarocque

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

I don't like to bring back a dead horse, but I have encoutered a few serious issues trying to get this work.

I noticed that when I was searching for the text to replace in the html mod version that Chemo provides, I was not finding the exact phrase of the search. Many times there quite a few additional strings involved. I copied over them :|

Much to my surpise (not really) I was presented with the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_template_image_button() in /***/***/***/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 133

The other error was as follows:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /***/****/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Which shows up in the admin panel of the SEO url mod settings section.

The one error is an IP address error?

I am not sure what was supposed to happen here. I am usually pretty decent and copying and pasting *shrug*

My server info is as follows:

PHP Version 4.3.11

apache (1.3.33 (Unix))

mysql (4.0.24-standard)

As I understand the value of SEO, could someone please help me out here. Maybe point to a better mod (although, I believe this one is the best one out there.)

Hello everyone,

Thanks for this very useful contribution.

I installed it on a shared hosting, with a shared SSL certificate.

PHP 4.3.11

I have a small problem remaining:

When I am not logged in as user, if I click on a product, and then on "Notify me of updates on" that product, I'm asked to log in.

If I do so, I switch to SSL and then I'm routed to a 404 page, saying : "The requested URL /catalog/product_info.php was not found on this server"

If I was already logged in as user, no problem.

Any idea to help me solving this issue ?

Thanks in advance

Hi there!

noticed the same Problem:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /***/****/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Well for me it just appears if i install "Admin Access with Level 2.3"

I searched everywhere - cant find the problem :(

It seems that claroques cDynamic Tags are working fine with the reset method.

and another thing: in the install manual its adding stuff in categories.php BEFORE the

"if (tep_not_null($action)) {" - the latest cDynamic Tags version changed the installer to add it INSIDE the IF. shouldnt it be the same for SEO?

best regards

marcel

I don't like to bring back a dead horse, but I have encoutered a few serious issues trying to get this work.

I noticed that when I was searching for the text to replace in the html mod version that Chemo provides, I was not finding the exact phrase of the search. Many times there quite a few additional strings involved. I copied over them :|

Much to my surpise (not really) I was presented with the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_template_image_button() in /***/***/***/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 133

Which shows up in the admin panel of the SEO url mod settings section.

The one error is an IP address error?

I am not sure what was supposed to happen here. I am usually pretty decent and copying and pasting *shrug*

My server info is as follows:

PHP Version 4.3.11

apache (1.3.33 (Unix))

mysql (4.0.24-standard)

As I understand the value of SEO, could someone please help me out here. Maybe point to a better mod (although, I believe this one is the best one out there.)

It appears as though you are using a BTS templated store and the install directions cannot possibly account for every contribution released. It will need some minor tweaks but is not impossible.

The error about a valid callback is most likely due to not copying the correct code to admin/includes/functions/general.php

Hello everyone,

Thanks for this very useful contribution.

I installed it on a shared hosting, with a shared SSL certificate.

PHP 4.3.11

I have a small problem remaining:

When I am not logged in as user, if I click on a product, and then on "Notify me of updates on" that product, I'm asked to log in.

If I do so, I switch to SSL and then I'm routed to a 404 page, saying : "The requested URL /catalog/product_info.php was not found on this server"

If I was already logged in as user, no problem.

Any idea to help me solving this issue ?

Thanks in advance

Could be due to hundreds of reasons. Did you install the htaccess code in your catalog directory (versus the document root)?

Hi there!

noticed the same Problem:

Well for me it just appears if i install "Admin Access with Level 2.3"

I searched everywhere - cant find the problem :(

It seems that claroques cDynamic Tags are working fine with the reset method.

and another thing: in the install manual its adding stuff in categories.php BEFORE the

"if (tep_not_null($action)) {" - the latest cDynamic Tags version changed the installer to add it INSIDE the IF. shouldnt it be the same for SEO?

best regards

marcel

Make sure you have the function in your admin/includes/functions/general.php fle.

Bobby

Thank you Bobby for your reply.

Here is my .htaccess:

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
   SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
            nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
            downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>

# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>
#  php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
#  php_value register_globals 1
#</IfModule>

#ADDED ULTIMATE SEO
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
# Change "folder" to your catalog directory name
RewriteBase /catalog/
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I just copied/paste the instructions from installation guide and changed to match my directory.

Make sure you have the function in your admin/includes/functions/general.php fle.

Bobby

Well i made the right changes - 100%

without ADMIN ACCESS LEVEL its working fine - it just adds stuff to the general.php. So no worries about installing SEO right (was working perfectly before the admin thing - and i installed ONLY the admin thing befor the error occured).

and to the include of the categories.php - in you install file it says

STEP 6 - Edit *admin directory*/categories.php

6 (1) Find this code:

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

6 (1) Directly AFTER add this: .....

shouldnt it be inserted after the

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

?

greets

marcel

Hello. Again. <_< Guess what. 12 hours on, my site stopped working again. Returning 404 errors on all pages unless I comment out the same damn bit of code in application_top.php.

Not a happy bunny, completely out of ideas. I have deleted the config_cache file, hoping that would be the simple solution. No help. I have deleted the seo_cache cached results, hoping that by re-creating them it would all work again. Still no help. I then re-uploaded each of those files in various combinations to try and get it working, still nothing. I cannot figure out why it would work perfectly then switch off and cause 404 errors. Obviously something is causing a conflict, and I can only see it is in a cached result (although rverting to the older cPath method without cached results still doesnt work - no 404 pages, but no seo urls).

Chris - thanks for the extra code for config_cache - am I right in thinking this goes into application_top in the admin folder?

Bobby, sorry for the false dawn, but I am one determined s.o.b and if it takes me all year I will iron out this bug.

:blink: Eyes peeled for updates. Hopefully I can help somebody else avoid the same problems........ :thumbsup:

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

quick update - just deleted my cached category_tree file and guess what.....all working!! For how long is a different matter, but anybody have any ideas why my cached files are causing all these problems??

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

} else {

}

and its back off again. I give up.

if (stumped == true) {

} else {

}

and its back off again. I give up.

Get with me on instant messenger...I'll rewrite the contribution for you to not use the cache at all. It will add more queries per page but that's the trade-off for SEO URL pages. Although it'll be more queries they will be very fast.

Bobby

I was playing with the settings and after i Reset SEO URLs Cache => true

I get the following error and there is no way of putting it to false again.

I have just got it to a point were i was not getting any error messages and now this :(

Please Help...

1146 - Table 'uk2#####_1.cache' doesn't exist

DELETE FROM cache WHERE cache_name LIKE '%seo_urls%'

[TEP STOP]

zappautomation

1146 - Table 'uk2#####_1.cache' doesn't exist

seems like you dropped the cache table in your database. try to access the db via phpmyadmin and check it out manually if its really "gone"

if: execute following SQL string:

CREATE TABLE `cache` (
 `cache_id` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
 `cache_language_id` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
 `cache_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
 `cache_data` mediumtext NOT NULL,
 `cache_global` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1',
 `cache_gzip` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1',
 `cache_method` varchar(20) NOT NULL default 'RETURN',
 `cache_date` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
 `cache_expires` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
 PRIMARY KEY  (`cache_id`,`cache_language_id`),
 KEY `cache_id` (`cache_id`),
 KEY `cache_language_id` (`cache_language_id`),
 KEY `cache_global` (`cache_global`)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

not sure if its the standard cache table - maybe i already extended it with a contrib.

good luck

I have had this for a few months and everytime I add catagories or to my catalog they do not show up in the title. I have reset the cache several time and even installed and unistalled the Seo-cache.php peice. Any other ideas?

Thanks

I have had this for a few months and everytime I add catagories or to my catalog they do not show up in the title. I have reset the cache several time and even installed and unistalled the Seo-cache.php peice. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Did you install the code in categories.php to reset cache?

if so - Have you checked the cache tables to make sure you are dumping them?

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

Chemo,

I just wanted to say, after this google update I have noticed a big difference in my pages with Ultimate SEO installed. I didn't want to post if it worked for me or not until I saw results and now I have to say it's kicking butt! Thank you for this awesome mod, it is one of the "must haves" for osC. Now I need to work on my articles section, which aren't doing as well with the SE's being dynamic.

In your opinion would it be better on your server (faster) to do a basic mod_rewrite on the articles mod or to add it to the Ultimate SEO code? Would adding all the article names to the cache file be more intensive then just doing a basic mod_rewrite? Or would the "names in the url" advantages out weigh the server strain?

I noticed so far that none of my article pages have been doing well in the SE's (all dynamic urls) but my product pages using Ultimate SEO is kicking butt. I know it's because the article pages aren't showing as "static" like my product pages are and I want to change this.....

Any opinion?

After I hear from you I will use it to "fix" the articles section and hare with everyone else. basic mod_rewrite is certainly easier, but is it good enough?

Hi all!

first off great contrib!

But installed 18 Feb 2005 - Redirect Old URLs - 301 headers [bETA-3] and lost links to manufacurers listing it goes home instead. that happens on all manufactureres links.

Might have some thing with other contribs installed but might be worth mentioning!

other contribs are:

categories_description_MS2_1.9

cDynamic_Meta_Tagsv1.3

And it might also be me messing it up somewhere.

But most say love the SEO contrib BIG thanks!

hi

installed contrib with no probs but still get

http://******************.co.uk/catalogtester/shopping_cart.php?pName=aurora-body&cName=latex&osCsid=c08583bf719c1515c350388e6dc3cc3b

read through the posting ive found a few answers to this .. ex: change configure.php

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'http://******************.co.uk');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://******************.co.uk');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

ive deleted the http, https & the // as in previous post but when i save this and go back into the file it has returned to the above ?????

i also did a search on this and i cant figure out if sid`s are supposed to be there or not ???

please help..... had lovely long dark hair when i started this now i have a few tuffs left, dont wanna start pulling other hair out .... hehehehe :huh:

Edited by purplenikki