[Contribution] Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem solved.

The new code

include('includes/seo_cache.php');

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cName']) && de.....................

was pasted into application_top.php twice

Thanks.

Hi Bobby

I've got the contrib installed, but getting the following error in my category info box . Appears first time I after I installed the contrib, and then just did it to me again when I tried switching between Firefox & IE

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument

The error message also appends the full path to my category info box. I can send these to you if you need them.

The error also seemed to happen when I hit the site without using "www" in the URL. However after I refresh the page it all appears to work again....

Hope you can help

Regards

Bing

i can see url like www.site name.com/microsoft-intellimouse-explorer-p-26.html

but that does not go : HTTP 404 -

I use oscommerce Cre Loaded

It gives a 404 error most likely because you did not perform the code addition to the .htaccess file. Or, you did not add the correct code.

Bobby

Bat,

I'll excuse your "bad engilsh", if you excuse my bad english (only one I know) and my non-existant french. :D

Please show us your .htaccess file and a site url if possible.

Paul

Hi

sorry for my bad english, I'm french

I try to install seo url V1.4

i can see url like www.site name.com/microsoft-intellimouse-explorer-p-26.html

but that does not go : HTTP 404 -

I use oscommerce Cre Loaded

Do you know why

Thanks

URL web site

http://ns31743.ovh.net/~bananase/index.php

ht access :

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

php_flag register_globals on

If I delete the last one the web site is out of order

Thanks

Follow-up to duplicate links created by Site Map MS2-2.2 ...

As long as the URL's are being constructed with tep_href_link() they should be SEO'd.

It looks like the Site Map Category Tree is built using tep_href_link(), on line 51, catalog/includes/classes/category_tree.php

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $category_link) . '">

But the problem is all sub-category links are not SEO'd. (same problem as YASU). Has anyone looked into or solved this?

Thanks,

EricK

URL web site

Thanks

Use this code for your .htaccess file:

RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /~bananase/
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
php_flag register_globals on

Hi all,

Just done the install and I get the following mesage;

Warning: fopen(/cache/seo_english.cache): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/myideal/public_html/shop/includes/seo_cache.php on line 199

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/myideal/public_html/shop/includes/seo_cache.php on line 200

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/myideal/public_html/shop/includes/seo_cache.php on line 201

Warning: main(/cache/seo_english.cache): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/myideal/public_html/shop/includes/seo_cache.php on line 204

Warning: main(/cache/seo_english.cache): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/myideal/public_html/shop/includes/seo_cache.php on line 204

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/cache/seo_english.cache' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/myideal/public_html/shop/includes/seo_cache.php on line 204

Now I guess I have messed up the cache file up, so can I ask how I write my cache file into the system. It is located in a folder called cache in a folder inside my catalogue.

Your path is not correct...try this:

/home/myideal/public_html/shop/cache/

Notice it begins with a leading slash and ends with a slash. It must be your FULL FILESYSTEM PATH. If the cache directory is not inside the shop directory revise the path offered above to the correct location.

Bobby

Cathy,

First, nice site.

It looks like a configure.php problem to me...make sure your settings look like this:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.pawzypet.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.pawzypet.com');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

Notice there is a period before the domain name and does not include the "www" or http: protocol. That is the most common reason why they have "sticky SIDs".

Bobby

Just wondering - is this normal?

ns81001-item-description-entered-likethis-with-p-45.html

The item description things is my replacement of the actual description...but that is how it puts it with dashes and with that p45 at the end! Help, can't figure out how it's there or how to get rid of it. The other .html rename doesn't do this, I installed this because someone said it ran cleaner than the version I had on before.

Could someone please help me with this? THANKS!

S

Thanks Bobby. ALso is this normal for when you click on a category?

www.examplesite.com/example-category-c-25.html? osCsid=de4008d490e04445ead04b78d6ed933a

Why is this still trailing with this OSCSID? Everything else is working and running seemingly. I double checked my steps.

S

Edited by Sincraft

It is normal to have the SID in the first URL clicked. However, after the first one every other page link should not have the osCsid otherwise your cookie domain is not configured correctly.

Bobby

Thanks bobo...you were correct! It now says:

www.examplesite.com/Category-Type-c-28.html

Is that going to hurt page rank to have that initial SID? - Will the spiders continue to follow after that? What are you thought on doign things this way vs the 'old' way. Do you have any results proven from this on any of your sites or is anyone else able to quantify these changes/results without any other changes ot the website?

I'd love to know more about this whole topic, the SEO forums are clotted with people that 'claim' to be experts but are very hesitant to give links to their websites. I know Bobby (chemo) and Jack both have proven results..just wondering if anyone else has 'studied' this or if you Chemo or jack(I know your out there hovering) - have ever tried this and seen direct results.

ANyway, thanks again bob. You're what put the strips on the zebra...the dollar sign before the numbers...the shack on top of the pit...

Because without you, all we would have is: a horse, a buncha numbers, and a pile of sh*t. LOL ehhe

S