• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo

Well, probably somewhere something wasn't done right then. I don't know.

I am still try to find out how to run database setting script (I cannot find any reference in instruction what, where, and how :( ) and still hope somebody will help.

Hi Michael,,, i am having the same issue, can you please share on how you solved this problem?

Thank You

Sino

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Michael,,, i am having the same issue, can you please share on how you solved this problem?

Thank You

Sino

USU auto installs, it does not require the running of a db script.

If it's not auto installing ..

Which version are you installing (recommend 2.1d updated)

What is the state of your auto increment values for configuration and configuration_group tables (Some contributions don't bother checking the last auto increment value and place themselves at a ridiculous number like 20000 or something)

Hi There,

I am getting the 301 - too many redirects from Google Webmasters Sitemaps.

Using:

- // Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1

if (SEO_ENABLED == 'true' or (SEO_ENABLED != 'true' and SEO_ENABLED != 'false')) {

include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');

- Google XML Sitemap Feed Cron Script

- Independent SEO URL Validation (for ULTIMATE SEO URLs)

The contribs are working fine, but Google doesnt like it.

The sitemap links are all like the original oscommerce without the Ultimate SEO contrib.

I disabled the option on Admin/Configuration/SEO URLs:

Enable automatic redirects

But this is not the ideal solution because Google will index the pages using the original urls.

Any suggestion?

Thansk in advance.

Hi There,

I am getting the 301 - too many redirects from Google Webmasters Sitemaps.

Using:

- // Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1

if (SEO_ENABLED == 'true' or (SEO_ENABLED != 'true' and SEO_ENABLED != 'false')) {

include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');

- Google XML Sitemap Feed Cron Script

- Independent SEO URL Validation (for ULTIMATE SEO URLs)

The contribs are working fine, but Google doesnt like it.

The sitemap links are all like the original oscommerce without the Ultimate SEO contrib.

I disabled the option on Admin/Configuration/SEO URLs:

Enable automatic redirects

But this is not the ideal solution because Google will index the pages using the original urls.

Any suggestion?

Thansk in advance.

Please don't double post it is really annoying!

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1294964

Thank You

Sino

Well, in my case it didn't auto install because I already tried to install contribution in a past. Then, because of my host server didn't allow rewritable functions in .htaccess file I uninstalled it. I changed my host and installed contribution again.

Well, contribution has some code checking couple variables and install sql if it is needed. In my case contribution decided not to install sql because of some these variables still had values. I found the place where it is and change code temperarily. After it made nesesesarry changes in database I changed code back.

I don't remember exactly where I did this code change.

Computers777dotcom

Am i right in thinking that if I want to upgrade from 2.2.2E to 2.5 I should just overwrite the current directory structure in the release? no need to modify any files or run any DB change?

Cant seem to find any upgrade instructions in the latest release.

thanks

I'm interested in getting instruction on how to update from a previous installation.

where can I find them?

see post 1852 to learn what version to install and what version is supported. The rest are garbage.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me how to do Step 3??? I'm very Analog so make it simple :)

STEP #3 - Use phpMyadmin and run this queries

ALTER TABLE `categories_description` ADD `categories_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL ;

ALTER TABLE `products_description` ADD `products_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL;

Can someone explain to me how to do Step 3??? I'm very Analog so make it simple :)

ALTER TABLE `categories_description` ADD `categories_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL ;

ALTER TABLE `products_description` ADD `products_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL;

1) go into phpMyAdmin

2) Select your database (in the left column)

3) At the top you'll see a tab called SQL .. click it

4) You now will see an input box with the heading Run SQL query/queries on database

Place (copy/paste) the code into the box.

5) Press GO (bottom right) enjoy the success message :)

Most webhosts have a control panel that you log into.

When you have logged into the control panel , you will have to find the databases section.

Click on the phpMyAdmin icon.

Select the user to configure database via phpMyAdmin and click on the Login icon.

A new window should open for phpMyAdmin.

In some cases, you may have to choose which database your OSC tables are located on. If this is the case, please choose the database from the list or the drop down box at the left.

To run a SQL query, click on "SQL" on the navigation bar (on the right side, click on the SQL tab at the top).

Then copy the code from the sql file and paste the code into the textarea on that page.

Click on the GO button and it is done.

If all goes well, your SQL query will now be succesfully entered.

I installed the Ultimate Seo Urls v2.5 (18 Aug 2008) contribution 2 weeks ago. Everything works fine untill a certain extend: Today I did some tests on google and other search engines by typing keywords of products which are available in our shop in combination with our shop name. Somehow is doesn't show up at all. And when it does, subcategory pages or popup image urls are shown instead.

The configuration of the contribution is set to default, just like it is stated in the install.html The "Use search-engine safe urls for all site links" is set to FALSE.

Is there another stable version of the Ultimate Seo Urls or do i have to configure something in the Ultimate Seo Urls v2.5 ?

I wonder if someone has actually their shop up and running using this contribution?

I installed the Ultimate Seo Urls v2.5 (18 Aug 2008) contribution 2 weeks ago. Everything works fine untill a certain extend: Today I did some tests on google and other search engines by typing keywords of products which are available in our shop in combination with our shop name. Somehow is doesn't show up at all. And when it does, subcategory pages or popup image urls are shown instead.

The configuration of the contribution is set to default, just like it is stated in the install.html The "Use search-engine safe urls for all site links" is set to FALSE.

Is there another stable version of the Ultimate Seo Urls or do i have to configure something in the Ultimate Seo Urls v2.5 ?

I wonder if someone has actually their shop up and running using this contribution?

see post 1852.

i am having a problem with the seo contrib.

i installed it on a modded product_info page and the in cart button dont work!

so i taken a original product_info cause i thought that it might have a form error, but it still dont work!

any ideas on this problem???

regards john

Your suggestion is to get rid of the Ultimate Seo Urls v2.5 FullPackage and install 2.1d updated, correct?

Exactly. That is the current supported version and does not have problems.

I just installed the "Ultimate Seo Urls v2.5 FullPackage" version (made by faaliyet).

I have a huge pb: I tryed to install it first on my localhost, to see if it works.

I use WAMP 2 with default settings.

So if I upload the .htaccess file on C:\wamp\www\catalog I can't see the site. I get this message:

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log. "

If I delete the .htaccess file I can access my website (index.php) but when I press on a product or on a category or anywhere else I get this error:

"Not Found

The requested URL /accesoriiargint/lalele-p-200.html was not found on this server."

So I guess something is wrong with my .htaccess file. Do you have any ideea y this doesn't work?

Thank you!

I just installed the "Ultimate Seo Urls v2.5 FullPackage" version (made by faaliyet).

I have a huge pb: I tryed to install it first on my localhost, to see if it works.

I use WAMP 2 with default settings.

So if I upload the .htaccess file on C:\wamp\www\catalog I can't see the site. I get this message:

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log. "

If I delete the .htaccess file I can access my website (index.php) but when I press on a product or on a category or anywhere else I get this error:

"Not Found

The requested URL /accesoriiargint/lalele-p-200.html was not found on this server."

So I guess something is wrong with my .htaccess file. Do you have any ideea y this doesn't work?

Thank you!

Install the last 2.1d ORIGINAL updated that I put up there.

Edited by FWR Media

Install the last 2.1d ORIGINAL updated that I put up there.

Thank you v much for your help. The problem was that the rewrite_module was off. I turned that on, I installed the 2.1d original update and... now it's running perfectly. Thanks again

2.1d ORIGINAL updated FWR Media 23 Feb 2008

or do you mean

2.1d ORIGINAL updated www.in.no 8 May 2008

???

regards john

or do you mean

2.1d ORIGINAL updated www.in.no 8 May 2008

???

regards john

The only different in thoose packages is if you use newer version of Information Pages Unlimited due to some change in SQL names in newer version.

i have this error in create_account.php plaese help me :

0 -

insert into customers_info (customers_info_id, customers_info_number_of_logons, customers_info_date_account_created) values ('0', '0', now())

[TEP STOP]

Yes??

And what has this to do with this contribution?