• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo

I've tried to search for this but with no luck - so apologies if it is covered. I've installed this MOD, however, I'm having one problem with a customisation I made.

It occurs when I have more than one variable submitted through a form which uses the GET action and the ampersands are output as "&" instead of "&" in the url.

e.g. on submitting the form, the following page is returned:

/somecategoryname-c-64_21.html?size_filter_id=118&x_id=107&filter_id=107&sort=3a (does not work)

instead of:

/somecategoryname-c-64_21.html?size_filter_id=118&x_id=107&filter_id=107&sort=3a (works)

I'm assuming it is the seo.class.php which is converting the "&" to "&". Has anyone experienced the same or have some advice? Would be most appreciated.

Two suggestions neither of which will break your site.

catalog/includes/functions/general.php

find .. function tep_redirect

find in the function ..

header('Location: ' . $url);

Change to ..

$url = str_replace('&', '&', $url);

header('Location: ' . $url);

catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php

Find ..

header("HTTP/1.0 301 Moved Permanently");
			header("Location: $url"); // redirect...bye bye

Replace with ..

That should do it .. let me know how you get on.

Edited by FWR Media

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to edit the above and change to quotes the

was changing & to &

FWR - you legend! Thank you very much. Option 2 did the trick:

Find ..

Replace with ..

That should do it .. let me know how you get on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all !

I upgrade ultimate seo from 2.2e to FWR Media contribution..

I did exactly all the steps, but I do not see my parent categories separated by -

I get it like that: desktopsmemories64bitddr2400pc3200sdram-c-106_107_108.html

I also installed the validation contribution and I had to shut it down because I could not see my terms and condition page..

Could someone help please ?

I will be happy to post any file that help to solve my problem..

Thanks,

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

Hi all !

I upgrade ultimate seo from 2.2e to FWR Media contribution..

I did exactly all the steps, but I do not see my parent categories separated by -

I get it like that: desktopsmemories64bitddr2400pc3200sdram-c-106_107_108.html

I also installed the validation contribution and I had to shut it down because I could not see my terms and condition page..

Could someone help please ?

I will be happy to post any file that help to solve my problem..

Thanks,

Nathali

If your terms and conditions page is affected by validation then you have hardcoded it as a .html file.

regarding the URL try resetting the cache then resetting osC categories cache (if you have it on).

If that fails you will have to drop the cache table and remove the SEO configuration and configuration_group entries in the DB and let the contribution reinstall itself.

The sql for deleting the config settings is in the following post: -

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1215173

Before messing with your DB please back up.

If your terms and conditions page is affected by validation then you have hardcoded it as a .html file.

regarding the URL try resetting the cache then resetting osC categories cache (if you have it on).

If that fails you will have to drop the cache table and remove the SEO configuration and configuration_group entries in the DB and let the contribution reinstall itself.

Hi !

Thank you very much for your reply !

I forgot to mention that I installed "Information Manager / Information pages" contribution that allow me to add info. pages as I want.. ???

Do you think please that it could be the problem for the validation contribution to function ??

Thanks for your help?

Regards,

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

Hi !

Thank you very much for your reply !

I forgot to mention that I installed "Information Manager / Information pages" contribution that allow me to add info. pages as I want.. ???

Do you think please that it could be the problem for the validation contribution to function ??

Thanks for your help?

Regards,

Nathali

Any page outside of that handled by ULTIMATE SEO URLs that has .html at the end will break validation. Information pages is handled by SEO URLs but if there is a new version that is not handled in the seo.class.php code and it has .html at the end then validation will fail.

Any page outside of that handled by ULTIMATE SEO URLs that has .html at the end will break validation. Information pages is handled by SEO URLs but if there is a new version that is not handled in the seo.class.php code and it has .html at the end then validation will fail.

Hi,

Thanks again for your reply.

I found in the contribution a fix for that so I will try it with your advises.

Thanks alot !

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

Hi again !

I am trying your link for "The sql for deleting the config settings" and I think it is not correct..

Could you please give me the right one?

Thanks and regards,

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

Hi again !

I am trying your link for "The sql for deleting the config settings" and I think it is not correct..

Could you please give me the right one?

Thanks and regards,

Nathali

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=154166

Post # 2522

• 2 weeks later...
Neater fix/hack to the sort functions not working when using seo.class.php version 2-2.2e

This should leave the validation functionality working unless there is a sort going on whereby validation is bypassed.

Please note this is still a hack and hopefully a new version will be forthcoming that will deal with the "sort= querystring" within the validation code.

Find ..

if ((@strpos($parts[count($parts) - 2], $type)) !== FALSE)  //make sure it is the correct type for this link
{

Replace with ..

// Commented out to bypass validation when sort= exists in the querystring
//	if ((@strpos($parts[count($parts) - 2], $type)) !== FALSE)  //make sure it is the correct type for this link
//	{
// HACK - replaces above code
if ( ((@strpos($parts[count($parts) - 2], $type)) !== FALSE) && (($sort_exists = strpos($origUrl, "sort=") == FALSE)) ) //make sure it is the correct type for this link
{
// END HACK

Hello there I recently added a contribution to my web site Ultimate SEO URLs . My web site has also been down for a few days but I have now managed to get it back up and working again.

I thought I everything was working but today I went to one of my product pages and as there is so many items on that page it gives you a 1,2,3 at the bottom of the page to select the next page but this does not seem to be working. I click on page 2 or next >> but it will not take me to the next page. If there is anybody that would be able to help me out with this I would be very great full. I have looked and seen somebody else has had the same problem but I'm not sure what the answer was.

Regards

Ian

I have the same above problem, I have tried the same above fix, but my seo.class.php file doesn't have the code "to replace" in it anywhere to make and try the changes. And I am possitive the code to replace isn't there, I used Ctrl F to find a snipet of the code through the document and nothing matched it or was close.

I have the same above problem, I have tried the same above fix, but my seo.class.php file doesn't have the code "to replace" in it anywhere to make and try the changes. And I am possitive the code to replace isn't there, I used Ctrl F to find a snipet of the code through the document and nothing matched it or was close.

Dump 2.2.2e and upload 2.1d updated.

Hi

Anyone able to help me out. I posted elsewhere with no assistance. I have the following issues:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

I looked and register is on!

Your help is appreciated.

Chuck

Hi!

I have a problem with this contrib: it just don't want to convert the special characters. In the hungarian language there are a lot's of characters like 'á', 'ű', 'ő', and so on. I have enlisted them in the admin area under SEO URLs, but that doesn't work. For example: there is a product named ""Kék Madár" Lámpa", which should be converted to "madar-lampa-p-108.html", but instead of this it is "mad%C3%A1r-l%C3%A1mpa-p-108.html". I tried also to put these characters into the special character conversion list. but nothing happened (looks like this function is not working).

I have another webshop with the same settings (even the .htaccess is the same except the paths), on the same server, and it is working.

Does anybody have any idea, what could be the problem? (I am using v2.1d, the newest in the ultimate seo contribution.)

Hy everyone,

I consider this contrib a great one, to bad that I could not see it in action.

After 6 hours of trying to install the contrib, doing the EXACT steps from documentation, I'm not able to run it. <_<

The problem consists in the fact that when I select from the Category an item (link to a product category), then I get the 404 Error Object not found, and in the localhost testing server logs I get the message " [Mon Mar 17 19:29:07 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /srv/www/htdocs/testdir/product-name-c-25.html, referer: http://localhost/testdir/".

The mod_rewrite is active in the apache2 configuration.

The .htacces file is modified according to installation step.

I also tried with ver. 2.1d UPDATED and with 2-2.2eFIXEDReloaded and in both cases with no results.

Can anybody be so kind to help me with this issue??

Much appreciated any help.

Thanks.

Hy everyone,

I consider this contrib a great one, to bad that I could not see it in action.

After 6 hours of trying to install the contrib, doing the EXACT steps from documentation, I'm not able to run it. <_<

The problem consists in the fact that when I select from the Category an item (link to a product category), then I get the 404 Error Object not found, and in the localhost testing server logs I get the message " [Mon Mar 17 19:29:07 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /srv/www/htdocs/testdir/product-name-c-25.html, referer: http://localhost/testdir/".

The mod_rewrite is active in the apache2 configuration.

The .htacces file is modified according to installation step.

I also tried with ver. 2.1d UPDATED and with 2-2.2eFIXEDReloaded and in both cases with no results.

Can anybody be so kind to help me with this issue??

Much appreciated any help.

Thanks.

1) In .htaccess is the RewriteRule ..

RewriteBase /testdir/

2) Is AllowOverride set to ALL in httpd.conf ?

i have a problem.

google bot see this urls:

http://www.theevent.ro/-p-160?osCsid.html 404 (Not found) Mar 14, 2008

http://www.theevent.ro/-p-161?osCsid.html 404 (Not found) Mar 14, 2008

Instead of http://www.theevent.ro/-p-161.html

Instead of http://www.theevent.ro/-p-160.html

Please HELP

If the urls look ok on your site now then I'd imagine that you got indexed while "tinkering around".

Best way to correct this is to use my SEO URL validation contribution which will 301 redirect google to the correct urls in no time.

1) In .htaccess is the RewriteRule ..

RewriteBase /testdir/

2) Is AllowOverride set to ALL in httpd.conf ?

Hi FWR Media,

Thank you very much for your time and your help!

I have made the modification in httpd.conf regarding AllowOverride option and all went well.

To be sure, I asked the provider if they have all settings in place regarding this issues for my directory and I hope the new shop will be online tonight with the new mods, after doing some more testing.

Again, THANKS FOR HELPING!!

I've got a bit of a puzzler here, but I'm sure I'm not seeing the answer for staring at the problem, so here goes!

I used a contribution for google base which listed the urls in non-seo format. Now I made the assumption that when they hit my server they would get a 301 redirect to the correct name.... but they don't. I now have a shed load of urls sitting out there that display the correct page (which is fine) but are duplicates of the seo'd pages you get when crawling the web site. Any ideas on how I can redirect the malformed urls? If I block product_info.php in robots.txt, would that at least zap any that google has indexed, or break the proper ones too?

An example is: product_info.php?language=en&currency=GBP&products_id=1633

Which should be: silly-billyz-play-blanket-p-1633.html

http://www.greatgiftsgalore.co.uk/ has been removed from the above! The thing is that apart from this everything works fine. I was sure that these would get redirected automatically, but it doesn't seem to be the case, unless I've changed something..... V2.1d and several other versions tried, but to no avail. I also have the independent validation contribution installed.

Any advice appreciated!

Paul

I've got a bit of a puzzler here, but I'm sure I'm not seeing the answer for staring at the problem, so here goes!

I used a contribution for google base which listed the urls in non-seo format. Now I made the assumption that when they hit my server they would get a 301 redirect to the correct name.... but they don't. I now have a shed load of urls sitting out there that display the correct page (which is fine) but are duplicates of the seo'd pages you get when crawling the web site. Any ideas on how I can redirect the malformed urls? If I block product_info.php in robots.txt, would that at least zap any that google has indexed, or break the proper ones too?

An example is: product_info.php?language=en&currency=GBP&products_id=1633

Which should be: silly-billyz-play-blanket-p-1633.html

http://www.greatgiftsgalore.co.uk/ has been removed from the above! The thing is that apart from this everything works fine. I was sure that these would get redirected automatically, but it doesn't seem to be the case, unless I've changed something..... V2.1d and several other versions tried, but to no avail. I also have the independent validation contribution installed.

Any advice appreciated!

Paul

That's a standard function of ULTIMATE SEO URLs do you have redirects set to on/true?

That's a standard function of ULTIMATE SEO URLs do you have redirects set to on/true?

:-" as I was saying I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm missing.....

I have no idea why it was set to false, but it was. :blush:

Why is it that we always miss the obvious? The upside is that in the meantime I've recoded the feed to produce the correct urls in the first place, and deleted/upoaded the products. So much for a quiet Sunday afternoon!

Many, many thanks for pointing out my stupidity :thumbsup:

Paul

If the urls look ok on your site now then I'd imagine that you got indexed while "tinkering around".

Best way to correct this is to use my SEO URL validation contribution which will 301 redirect google to the correct urls in no time.

well...it doesn't work your URL validation:

check this out... http://www.theevent.ro/-p-160?osCsid.html - and we get a 404 not found.

anyway...i saw another bug in the contribution

1.jpg

2.jpg

My first viewing of a product info page, with a browsers cleared cache, results in

domain.com/ProductName-p-415.html?osCsid=4e4e99dfd84c836f5311a14bbdf2396c

After viewing the page once I get(the correct one)

domain.com/ProductName-p-415.html

I only discovered this when I tried to do a link check and it was producing a huge amount of urls with osCID= in them and then went to the site to confirm what I had seen.

This is the only contribution I have added.

Is there a setting in Ultimate SEO Urls that should be set different from the default settings or even a setting that has to be set a certain way for osCommerce to make it work.

This is the only problem I'm having.

Thanks,

Google Junky

Edited by googlejunky

Well, I did some more reading on other sites talking about the same issue.

I had seen recommendations for a contribution called "sid killer" .

I really don't like the idea of editing the files you made unless you have assured me that there is another way to turn off the oscid=

In my specific case, I will never need this used. I do not use the osCommerce backend for checkout nor do I have it using a login for anyone to signup at the site. I only use oscommerce as a shell. So again I don't need the oscid=

Would you also recommend using "SID Killer" ?

It is at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,952

Thanks for your time,

Google Junky

Edited by googlejunky