• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo

Great contribution,but I have 2 questions:

1. now I have this /radeon-9250-128mb-tvout-p-3461.html. how do I remove the p-3461 ?

2. how do I put the category like this -> www.site.com/video/radeon-9250-128mb-tvout.html ?

Cumparaturi4all

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jack !

Thanks for the contrib. You did a great job !

The only thing that not work for me is when I change language to Hebrew !

So I changed the Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? to True but then I don't get the "-" sign that seperate between the Categories, products name etc.. and I get them as a long line such as :

ddr266256mbsodimmkingstonoriginalmemory-p-71.html instead of ddr266-256mb-sodimm-kingston-original-memory-p-71.html

Could you help me please to modify/change the HTML rule to fix it ???

Thanks,

Elazar

found one problem:

when I have a page with many products and I have to go to the next page ( next>>) it's not working,it just refresh's the current page

Any ideas ?

Idem for me and for choice of manufacturing... :blink:

Edited by kervano

Idem for me and for choice of manufacturing... :blink:

Also been having having the same problem after installing page cache 1.5 and upgrading ultimate SEO URLS from version 2.1da

to 2.2e seem to have solved it by resetting all the cache fills changing the seo class.php back to 2.1d

seo.class.php starts with "<?"

change it to "<?php"

Maybe it can help you see Ultimate SEO URLs contibutions josecarlos_pb

Well I did all it said in ultimate SEO, but when I add the code to my htaccess file, all of the pages can't be displayed(http 500), the dir is right and the php version is ok.

This is what my file looks like when I add the code:

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
 php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
 php_value register_globals 1
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
 php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
 php_value register_globals 1
</IfModule>

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/test/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

when I have a page with many products and I have to go to the next page ( next>>) it's not working,it just refresh's the current page

Any ideas ?

I have the same problem? anyone that know what might cause this? its really getting annoying, please help out guys...

Hello,

I have the Ultimate SEO's installed and everything seems to be working except when I enter bad Credit Card info at check out.

The errors that come back are no longer being displayed. I can trace it to this Contribution, because if I turn it off the errors are displayed correctly again.

In fact the code that is causing the problem is the

////

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1

// The HTML href link wrapper function

if (SEO_ENABLED == 'true') { //run chemo's code

function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {

global $seo_urls;

if ( !is_object($seo_urls) ){

if ( !class_exists('SEO_URL') ){

include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');

}

global $languages_id;

$seo_urls = new SEO_URL($languages_id);

}

return preg_replace('/&/','&',$seo_urls->href_link($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id));

}

} else {

Section of /catalog/includes/html_output.php

Has anybody had this issue?

Thanks a ton,

Troy

How can I make this contribution works for Links Manager II 1.17? The old code for links manager is not working anymore; there will be a "parentid=x" hanging around at the end of the url. And also, when you at the very top of the links category, i.g., you are not in any of the category, entering a first level of the category, then click back button to go back to the links.php; but, the url is rewrite to as http://path/to/my/shop/-links-0.html.

I just installed on my website. It works fine but I'm having 2 problems. here is my website www.spacelectronics.com

after I installed it started to show me some strange codes on my website like.

BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING

BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY

BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS

BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT

and all over my website it showing me there codes. insted of showing my actual variables. her is some more example.

HEADER_TITLE_TOP » HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG » Ariza Receivers

2nd problem.

If there are more pages it'll show me last page. I cant see 1st page

I really have no idea what is going on. Please help if someone knows what is going on.

thnx

Edited by beaman

I just installed on my website. It works fine but I'm having 2 problems. here is my website www.spacelectronics.com

after I installed it started to show me some strange codes on my website like.

BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING

BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY

BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS

BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT

and all over my website it showing me there codes. insted of showing my actual variables. her is some more example.

HEADER_TITLE_TOP » HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG » Ariza Receivers

2nd problem.

If there are more pages it'll show me last page. I cant see 1st page

I really have no idea what is going on. Please help if someone knows what is going on.

thnx

Hi guys, problem solved. there is very small change. in the contribution you are suppose to change following file.

STEP #2 - Edit includes/application_top.php

dont change that file. It'll will work 100% fine.

you can check my website. and try to play around and tell me if there is any problem in it. i have tried and everything works fine.

go to www.spacelectronics.com

good luck

I installed SEO 2.2e with update and everything comes up fine in catalog and on admin.

When I click on a default install product link I get this.

The requested URL /microsoft-intellimouse-p-3.html was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at http://d-65-175-186-112.metrocast.net/ Port 80

I am using my ISP as the server and 127.0.0.1 as my database server.

Every other link works fine.

I have the .htaccess file in /Documents that is my root directory for the website.

I tried / and /Documents and /Documents/ in .htaccess but that does not change the error message.

Anyone figured out this issue.

Probably something I do not have set in admin but I have yet to find it.

Leon Sargent

Hi,

I installed ultimate SEO on a gift basket site that I have and it work great for the most of it.

The issue I have is that we get some 404 error page not found.

It append randomly from some page to an other. It even append from the front page to a category.

It also append all the time when I come back from a secure page. The site name is TousVosCadeaux with non secure URL www.tousvoscadeaux.com but as The SSL certificate that I have is for the main site www.webinspirit.com the secured URL look something like this https://webinspirit.com/tousvoscadeaux/crea...8c91a4d1f1c6109.

Then when I click to a category (in this example the new born category) it give me a 404 page not found pointing to the following URL http://www.tousvoscadeaux.com/newborn-c-21?osCsid.html

when if should be http://www.tousvoscadeaux.com/newborn-c-21.html without the ?osCsid .

I don't know if it is related to URL change due to the SSL being on the top domain or not.

Does anyone have the same problem and better is there anyone that have a solution?

Any help will be great fully appreciated because I can't have users getting lost on 404 page or I will have to uninstall this great contribustion.

JRL

WebInSpirit

Hosting & other internet solution

found one problem:

when I have a page with many products and I have to go to the next page ( next>>) it's not working,it just refresh's the current page :blink:

Any ideas ?

Really waiting for an answer to this problem anyone?

when I have a page with many products and I have to go to the next page ( next>>) it's not working,it just refresh's the current page blink.gif

Any ideas ?

same problem here...

http://www.fanatics.ro/amplificatoare-canale-c-36_46.html

the problem might be the fact that all the links are now HTML and i suppose they can not parse the code "?page=2&sort=2"

it's just an oppinion someone correct me if i'm wrong

Edited by iondarie

I get the following error when I try to access my admin page.

500 - Internal Server Error

The server encountered a problem while trying to fulfill your request. Please try again later.

If the error persists, please contact the website webmaster.

If you are the webmaster of this site please log in to Cpanel and check the Error Logs. You will find the exact reason for this error there.

Common reasons for this error are:

Incorrect file/directory permissions: 766 or 777.

The webserver does not process php/cgi scripts with higher permissions than 755. Change the permissions of your file/directory to 755 in order to solve this issue.

Incorrect Apache directives inside .htaccess file.

In case custom Apache directives have been added to the .htaccess file, the Internal Server Error means these directives are either not supported and should be removed or are incorrect and should be re-written.

Php directives set in the .htaccess file instead of the php.ini files.

All custom php settings (e.g. php_flag) must be placed inside a php.ini file. For each separate directory you should create its own php.ini file.

From reading some of the posts, I think I did something incorrect with the .htaccess file, but I'm not sure what. I uploaded it with only the code provided in the contribution instructions...was this code supposed to be an addition as opposed to a replacement? Can someone post what the .htaccess code should look like (my installation is on the root directory). Also, I host with Siteground if that helps at all.

Thanks for your help.

I get the following error when I try to access my admin page.

From reading some of the posts, I think I did something incorrect with the .htaccess file, but I'm not sure what. I uploaded it with only the code provided in the contribution instructions...was this code supposed to be an addition as opposed to a replacement? Can someone post what the .htaccess code should look like (my installation is on the root directory). Also, I host with Siteground if that helps at all.

Thanks for your help.

OK - I got more information. After checking the error log, I see that this is the specific error:

[Wed Oct 24 21:20:24 2007] [alert] [client 68.175.88.0] /home/bridalpe/public_html/.htaccess: Illegal option FollowSymLinksRewriteEngine

Hopefully this makes sense to someone...anyone?

i see no one knows how to fix the multiple pages errors :(

I have searched this topic for a solution and I am not sure if the "multiple pages problem that ion darie mentions is the same as I am having, but it was the only thing I could find that comes close, so I am posting for some help.

When I have more products in a sub-category than can be displayed on the first page, the line directly below the list of products looks like this:

Displaying 1 to 20 (of 38 products) Result Pages: 1 2 [Next >>]

When I set "Enable SEO URLs?" to 'false,' the link associated with Next, looks like this:

and actually takes me to this URL:

which is the 2nd page of products for that category.

When I set "Enable SEO URLs?" to 'true,' the link associated with Next, looks like this:

but takes me to this url:

is the first page of products in that category.

Any ideas about how to fix this other than limiting the number of products in any category to less than 20?

Thanks,

Ken Loomis

this is the exact problem i'm having :(

Well I don't know much about php but when I changed line 1073 from return current page to return return the same as the other lines below everything seems to be working.Maybe somebody knows if this will mess something else up.

line : 1064 to1073

function requested_page()

{

$protocol = ((int) $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] === 443)? 'https://' : 'http://';

$current_page = $protocol . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . ((!empty($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']))? $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] : '');

$current_page = substr($current_page, strlen(HTTP_SERVER));

if (($pos = strpos($current_page, "?osCsid")) !== FALSE)

$current_page = substr($current_page, 0, $pos).'<br>';

if ($current_page[0] == "/")

$current_page = substr($current_page, 1);

Changed commented out // return $current_page;

Now

return $return;

Edited by joli1811
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Having a slight problem with the manufacturer box since installing this mod.

When clicking on a manufacturer it simply gets redirected to the index page rather than a list of products for that manufacturer. If you switch the mod off in admin it works fine so currently I can either have working manufacturer links or SEO friendly URLs but not both.

I found a similar post where the user was advised to switch off "automatic redirects" in the SEO URL admin panel and this fixes the issue, however I do not have this option listed in my admin panel and therefore cannot switch it off !

I am using RC1 and SEO URLs 2.1.

Please can anybody advise what to do with this ??