• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Varying Payment Options by Category/Product

tokyoguy

This seems like a simple thing but a few hours searching the contributions and forums hasn't provided the answer.

I have osC set up on a site for magazine and newspaper subscriptions. The daily newspapers are COD, and I want this to be the only payment option that appears during checkout. Otherwise, Paypal is the preferred method of payment.

So the question is: is there an easy way to allocate a default method of payment to a specific category or product, or conversely to disable one? I'm thinking that maybe there is a variation of the Paypal Zone contrib. but that works based on the user's info.

• 1 year later...
This seems like a simple thing but a few hours searching the contributions and forums hasn't provided the answer.

I have osC set up on a site for magazine and newspaper subscriptions. The daily newspapers are COD, and I want this to be the only payment option that appears during checkout. Otherwise, Paypal is the preferred method of payment.

So the question is: is there an easy way to allocate a default method of payment to a specific category or product, or conversely to disable one? I'm thinking that maybe there is a variation of the Paypal Zone contrib. but that works based on the user's info.

Well i have a similar problem...

Online shop has two main categories... Main product and Accessories...

For accessories the customer needs to pay thru eprocessing network.. but for main product he needs to choose COD and bank deposit and the payment instructions would go to him by email....

Can anyone help me in putting conditional payment module selection?

that is,

if products from accessories are chosen then pay ePN

if products from mail product line are chosen COD or Bank deposit.

IS this possible? can anyone help me?

thank you