• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cost of authorize.net services?

pcwaredirect

does anyone know how much authorize.net costs to use them? I have been to there site but i would like to find out the price before i waste my time talking to a sales rep

plus its 12:54 am here and im anxious to know :)

thanks

Jeremy

I only have authorize.net as my gateway (I have a separate merchant account and just switched gateways to authorize). From my experience, rates vary A LOT, depending on who you talk to. IF you are only looking for gateway service (as I was), then here is the lowest rate I got:

$99 set up

$7.95 monthly

$.05 per transaction, with the first 250 free

I got quotes as high as $299 set up with $20 monthly and .10 per transaction. Go to the reseller page at authorize and get quotes from all of them.

Keep in mind, that if you are also shopping for a merchant account, then ignore everything I said.......your quotes will be much different, as they will be taking into account the merchant rates, as well.

Just confirming...CostCo merchant services allows you to use Authorize.net as the gateway?

My merchant account is through Sam's Club (which is the same as Costco, I think), and the actual merchant account is through First Data. Authorize.net is who I use for my gateway with the Sam's Club/First Data set set-up.

• 2 weeks later...
My merchant account is through Sam's Club (which is the same as Costco, I think), and the actual merchant account is through First Data.  Authorize.net is who I use for my gateway with the Sam's Club/First Data set set-up.

Interesting to hear that the warehouse type stores offer this type of thing...I will check it out.

By the way, Sam's Club is owned by Walmart, not Costco.

does anyone know how much authorize.net costs to use them?

If you go through a good reseller of authorize.net you can usually get the whole merchant account processing & authoriznet gateway for about $45 - $50 per month.

The cheapest I have seen it for recently when shopping for clients was:

$49 set up (one time charge which includes free merchant setup & $49 authorize.net)

$7.95 monthly

No per transaction fee (inlucded with merchant acount which is $0.25 per, with the first 1000 transactions free

If anyone is intersted in this reseller I found, just pm me.

Greetz,

Starkness

Thanks!

Starkness

I only have authorize.net as my gateway (I have a separate merchant account and just switched gateways to authorize).  From my experience, rates vary A LOT, depending on who you talk to.  IF you are only looking for gateway service (as I was), then here is the lowest rate I got:

$99 set up

$7.95 monthly

$.05 per transaction, with the first 250 free

I got quotes as high as $299 set up with $20 monthly and .10 per transaction.  Go to the reseller page at authorize and get quotes from all of them.

Keep in mind, that if you are also shopping for a merchant account, then ignore everything I said.......your quotes will be much different, as they will be taking into account the merchant rates, as well.

I use a merchant provider called PayQuake (my reseller URL: http://www.readyassist.com/ccprocess.cgi ) which has Authorize.net as a default gateway. Including the merchant account, it's around $10.00 per month, although the discount rate is a little higher than some other places unless you've got the volume to negotiate.

I do have a related question, though. I've been using Auth.net with some other (very simple) payment systems I have built myself, but for one client, I'm trying to integrate them into the OS Commerce system. All I have for Auth.net is a user ID and password; OS Commerce asks for a User ID and a "transaction key", but no password. I've tried using the password as a key, but it doesn't work. Is there something I'm not understanding?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

I do have a related question, though.  I've been using Auth.net with some other (very simple) payment systems I have built myself, but for one client, I'm trying to integrate them into the OS Commerce system.  All I have for Auth.net is a user ID and password; OS Commerce asks for a User ID and a "transaction key", but no password.  I've tried using the password as a key, but it doesn't work.  Is there something I'm not understanding?

I just went through this exercise for a friend. Log onto the Authorize.net website and request a new transaction key. It'll give you a collection of garbage characters. Put those into the Transaction Key field in osCommerce. It's that simple.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
does anyone know how much authorize.net costs to use them? I have been to there site but i would like to find out the price before i waste my time talking to a sales rep plus its 12:54 am here and im anxious to know :)

I am paying $7 a month for authorize.net gateway which I am using in OSCommerce.

There was no setup fee, 5 cents gateway transactions at www.unitedbankservice.com

Discount rate 2.1%

• 1 year later...

I took a look at Costco's merchant offering and it looks pretty good. Here is what they quoted me:

1.99% + $0.27 for qualified cards

3.51% + $0.31 for non-qualified cards (foreign, gov't, corporate)

If you sign up for a costco executive membership, the $4.95 monthly billing fee is waived and the $25 application fee is waived.

They make you sign a 2yr agreement and it costs $95 to terminate early. They also require a $20 minimum monthly volume.

It's the best I've come across so far and it is a reputable name.

• 7 months later...
does anyone know how much authorize.net costs to use them? I have been to there site but i would like to find out the price before i waste my time talking to a sales rep

plus its 12:54 am here and im anxious to know :)

thanks

Jeremy

Hello,

I found this message board while doing some research for one of my customers. I am an authorised reseller of Authorize.net, and of low cost credit card processing. Please let me know if it is inappropriate to promote my business though this forum. I offer authorizenet services with $0 set up, and $5 per month. I work with hundreds of campanies large and small and can provide many references if needed. I also work with web developers and marketing companies and help them set up their customers.

Please send me a reply if you would like more info, I would be happy to discuss it by phone as well, I am east coast.

Thank you

Matt Tasker 207-772-8737

PowerPay Merchant Services, Portland Maine.

• 3 months later...

I FOUND IN THIS forum a contact information and decided to try it, its actually the best i have found.

They offer authnet at $5 per month with no set up fee!!!

His name is MATT. Email is [email protected] and phone 207-772-8737. I am his customer now, and he is very responsive.

Good Luck

PD: Mention my merchant ID 271500960775 (maybe i get a commision or something)