• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Computer Hardware....

gqken

hey like the colours, quite different

Few things:

1/ Try and increace compression on your header image (or make it smaller) takes too long to load,

2/ Get a thumbnail creator controbution so that your product images are smaller and load faster

3/ Watch ouf for product titles with a long string of text "Foxconn 915M07-G-8LRS P4/Socket775/915G/DDR1/PCI-Express/MATX Mo" when it appears in the whats new box it stuffs up the layout of your site.

4/ replace the "My Account | Cart Contents | Checkout" clipart in the top right to somthing that better matches your site

5/ tidy up your google stuff at the bottem of the page

6/ Get rid of the adwords, you want to keep people on your site, not send them away

7/ Make new infobox corner images that match the colour of your site

8/ Remove unused infoboxes (languages)

9/ If you realy want to show users their IP address try and intergrate it as it sticks out a bit as it is.

Hope that helps and wish you all the best for your business.

If you could return the favour and review my site at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129740 that would be great

Bottom of your site there is a random 'WELCOMES YOU.' What welcomes me?

Your site is too wide for my screen, adjust your left column width.

Get a SSL cert.

You can change the copyright to your store name instead of OScommerce.

I would not add new categories without having products to place in them. Or at least get that contribution to turn categories on/off.

Second the way too wide issue....

AMD logo and intel logo are bad... looks like you tried to make them transparent but had to many affects on them .... hint... just make the logo with a color matched background if your not using good editor.

scrape the IP address and google adwords box.

other than that i like the prices.... just a thought about your logo --- it really looks like a piece of work from mspaint... for a computer store i would expect more up scale logo.

good look

a great website is always underconstruction

david

• 3 weeks later...
hey like the colours, quite different

Few things:

1/ Try and increace compression on your header image (or make it smaller) takes too long to load,

2/ Get a thumbnail creator controbution so that your product images are smaller and load faster

3/ Watch ouf for product titles with a long string of text "Foxconn 915M07-G-8LRS P4/Socket775/915G/DDR1/PCI-Express/MATX Mo" when it appears in the whats new box it stuffs up the layout of your site.

4/ replace the "My Account  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout" clipart in the top right to somthing that better matches your site

5/ tidy up your google stuff at the bottem of the page

6/ Get rid of the adwords, you want to keep people on your site, not send them away

7/ Make new infobox corner images that match the colour of your site

8/ Remove unused infoboxes (languages)

9/ If you realy want to show users their IP address try and intergrate it as it sticks out a bit as it is.

Hope that helps and wish you all the best for your business.

If you could return the favour and review my site at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129740  that would be great

Hey thanks, guys for all the advice.. I have been trying to update it and now this is what it looks like......My Webpagehttp://pchackshack.com/catalog/ Please look at it again and let me have it.

Hey, saw your site and thougt it looks cool. Good job. Are you having successs?

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived