• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UK-Based: Default osCommerce Installation.

Solved it, thanks to : Vger.......

It contains an sql file. Once you've unzipped it you go to your phpMyAdmin (usually accessible from your hosting control panel), open that database, go to zones, select the SQL tab, and 'Browse' to find the new sql file on your computer and then click the 'Go' button. The contents of the file will then be imported into the database and appear in your osCommerce control panel under Zones.

Well this is exactly what I had started to do!! I have just done the first full install of OScommerce for a customer and I was getting round to documenting all the changes so I could roll up a load for any other UK based customers and bang it straight on the server.

Great job! I can now pinch your load instead of rolling my own.

I just wish I would have found it sooner, it would have saved me hours of work....

I will do a test install and check it out .. Cheers.

Paul.

Excellent Mod Ray- THANKS!

If anyone can put up the correct changes for the create_account file that would be even better...

Cant quite figure it out here. :'( :'(

Thanks in advance!

What changes are needed then ?

There is a complete UK kit in contributions ............

Hi,

Yes and unfortunately ive already made some changes to it so cant just drop that one in....

Its still very "American".

-Address Line 2.

-County with drop down list

Are 2 off the top of my head that could do with changing if poss.

You just need to add the UK Counties into your SQL database; there is a contribution.

Hugh

Well in the end someone elses contrib severely broke me admin and I couldnt resolve :-" :'( :'(

I started again and this time installed this contrib right from the start :D

Does anyone know how to get the county drop down list right from the start rather than when someone makes a typo and sees it on the refreshed page?

Ive had a good search but cant quite see anything suitable.

Firstly thanks for this thread, it's a great help to us starters out there.

I just want to know what this fix is for, i've applied the fix to the one at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1426/search,country. What is this following one meant to fix, I haven't seen any problems with this?

*In catalog/includes/modules/address_book_details.php

Add

<?php
if ($country != '') {
$entry['entry_country_id'] = $country;
}
?>

before

<tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_COUNTRY; ?></td>
           <td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_country_list('country', $entry['entry_country_id']) . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
         </tr>

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have replaced all the files to udate to the UK setup but when I go to create a new account I get the following error ?

Please Help

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/smpworl/public_html/test/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/smpworl/public_html/test/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

Hi,

I have replaced all the files to udate to the UK setup but when I go to create a new account I get the following error ?

Please Help

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/smpworl/public_html/test/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/smpworl/public_html/test/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

I dont think you can just replace the files you need to install the UK based contrib from the start.

• 2 weeks later...
I dont think you can just replace the files you need to install the UK based contrib from the start.

Hi Guys

Right im using the uk contrib but have noticed several countrys missing:

Azores

Balearic isles

Corsica

Guernsey

Jersey

Maderia

Sardinia

Sicily

and this is just with a quick look through.

Im in the process of writing a contrib for Parcelforce Euro 48 and International standard shipping rates so realy could do with pointing in the direction of whereever you managed to find a list of country codes.

Im a good way through this so the sooner i can get this info the sooner it will be available. Taken a while as Parcel Force breaks down into TEN zones :(

Cheers guys

Hi Guys

Azores

Balearic isles

Corsica

Guernsey

Jersey

Maderia

Sardinia

Sicily

Im in the process of writing a contrib for Parcelforce Euro 48 and International standard shipping rates so realy could do with pointing in the direction of whereever you managed to find a list of country codes.

Im a good way through this so the sooner i can get this info the sooner it will be available. Taken a while as Parcel Force breaks down into TEN zones :(

Cheers guys

maybe i spoke too soon :(

i can't open create account in my store and when i click on orders in my admin i am getting the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/audreyc/public_html/boutique/admin/orders.php on line 370

it's quite late so not sure if any brits will be on to help me out but i will 'cautiously' have a look through the files..... not sure that will be possible with the admin/orders.php but will post again if i manage to source the problem.

in the meantime if anyone is online that could help me out i would much appreciate it.

*I only said brits with this being a uk based contrib.. no offence intended whatsoever

Edited by babylea

Hi,

I'm trying to use the contib but have a problem with Lodon as a state, I live in Twickenham Middlesex, Middlesex isn't listed as a state so I used London. However when I continue I get asked to select a county from the pull down, I select London and go round in the same loop?

Any help would be greatlt appreciated,

Regards,

Martin

Hi,

I'm trying to use the contib but have a problem with Lodon as a state, I live in Twickenham Middlesex, Middlesex isn't listed as a state so I used London. However when I continue I get asked to select a county from the pull down, I select London and go round in the same loop?

Any help would be greatlt appreciated,

Regards,

Martin

Fixed it, added the mods to zone_query suggested in an earlier post to create_acccount and address_book, I think I may have had a typo aswell.

Hi Guys

Azores

Balearic isles

Corsica

Guernsey

Jersey

Maderia

Sardinia

Sicily

Cheers guys

They aren't missing because none of them is a country.

Question:

Has anyone hacked the Mr - Mrs radio buttons into a drop-down for Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms, and Dr yet by any chance?

Johan a.k.a. T0PS3O elsewhere.

Contributed Barclay's ePDQ Payment Module though not originally mine. Made it work though...

• 2 weeks later...

OK..... I've been through the tutorial bits in this thread and it's partially working.....

In "My Account", it shows the Primary Address in the format:

Name

Address1

City

Postcode

County

Country

but the Address Book Entries is correct.

If I go through the order process, the Shipping Address is shown in the same (wrong) format as above, in the Shipping Information page, the billing address in the Payment Information page is also the same (wrong) format and in the Order Confirmation page it's also the same (wrong) format. When the order confirmation email is sent, that also contains the same (wrong) format. I've obviously missed something somewhere, help please :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
OK..... I've been through the tutorial bits in this thread and it's partially working.....

In "My Account", it shows the Primary Address in the format:

Name

Address1

City

Postcode

County

Country

but the Address Book Entries is correct.

If I go through the order process, the Shipping Address is shown in the same (wrong) format as above, in the Shipping Information page, the billing address in the Payment Information page is also the same (wrong) format and in the Order Confirmation page it's also the same (wrong) format.  When the order confirmation email is sent, that also contains the same (wrong) format.  I've obviously missed something somewhere, help please :)

If you are making the mods as an update to an existing installation (i.e. making the mods manually) you also need to change an entry in the database table "countries"

Change the address_format_id field for the entry United Kingdom from 1 to 2

and

Change the address_format_id field for the entry United States from 2 to 1

This field refers to another table "address_format" in which you can define a number of country specific formats for addresses.

You may want the change the countries|address_format_id field for other countries depending on where you expect to sell.

Great contribution and thanks to all who have contributed!

Edited by briggers