• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UK-Based: Default osCommerce Installation.

Since the contribution was written for an older version of osc, why would you overwrite files. You use the contribution to guide you where to update your files. The same goes for all contributions.

Since the contribution was written for an older version of osc, why would you overwrite files. You use the contribution to guide you where to update your files. The same goes for all contributions.

I have downloaded a new copy of OSC ans a new copy og the UK shop contribution. I have followed the instructions carefully. All seem to go well Currency is now being displayed correctly except that when i try to log onto admin I still get the same message:

1146 - Table 'mysql.administrators' doesn't exist

select id from administrators limit 1

[TEP STOP]

Edited by uncletadd

• 2 weeks later...
I have downloaded a new copy of OSC ans a new copy og the UK shop contribution. I have followed the instructions carefully. All seem to go well Currency is now being displayed correctly except that when i try to log onto admin I still get the same message:

1146 - Table 'mysql.administrators' doesn't exist

select id from administrators limit 1

[TEP STOP]

There is a section missing in the SQL file.

Add this into the SQL file or do it manually

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS administrators;

CREATE TABLE administrators (

id int NOT NULL auto_increment,

user_name varchar(32) binary NOT NULL,

user_password varchar(40) NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (id)

);

I was getting the same error so I checked the difference between this and the original file and found this missing. Worked for me :)

There is also another glitch. When you go to control panel, one of the titles is wrong. It shows BOX_CONFIGURATION_ADMINISTRATORS

Remedied by adding this line

define('BOX_CONFIGURATION_ADMINISTRATORS', 'Administrators');

to the english.php file located in \admin\includes\languages

Hope that helps.

All that worked for me, so hopefully, will help you.

There is a section missing in the SQL file.

Add this into the SQL file or do it manually

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS administrators;

CREATE TABLE administrators (

id int NOT NULL auto_increment,

user_name varchar(32) binary NOT NULL,

user_password varchar(40) NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (id)

);

I was getting the same error so I checked the difference between this and the original file and found this missing. Worked for me :)

There is also another glitch. When you go to control panel, one of the titles is wrong. It shows BOX_CONFIGURATION_ADMINISTRATORS

Remedied by adding this line

define('BOX_CONFIGURATION_ADMINISTRATORS', 'Administrators');

to the english.php file located in \admin\includes\languages

Hope that helps.

All that worked for me, so hopefully, will help you.

The point being that you need to edit the sql file to suit the new osc version.

I've installed this contrib with the latest version of OsCommerce and had the 1146 database error, but thanks to the MySQL code above I've managed to fix it. On the account.php page I get the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 's.public_flag' in 'where clause'

select count(*) as total from orders o, orders_status s where o.customers_id = '2' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and s.public_flag = '1'

[TEP STOP]

This happens I log in as a customer and go to "My Account", so customers won't be able to view their account details.

Any help very much appreciated?

Has anyone figured this out yet, as I have run into the same problem

Has anyone figured this out yet, as I have run into the same problem

Hello, Found the solution elsewhere for anyone else still struggling.

Run this SQL query

alter table orders_status add public_flag int DEFAULT '1';

alter table orders_status add downloads_flag int DEFAULT '0';

havent seen any problems yet

Hope it helps

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your great tutorials on changing the date format and address layout, very easy to follow. I have a query though - I changed SUBURB to read "Address Line 2" but that field never appears, regardless of what country you register a user in. This piece of code:

<?php

if (ACCOUNT_SUBURB == 'true') {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_SUBURB; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('suburb', $entry['entry_suburb']) . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_SUBURB_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_SUBURB_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

</tr>

I think is something to do with it. Is it checking the locale of my store (UK) and deciding to NOT show the SUBURB/Address Line 2 text, cos it thinks I don't need it (non-USA store)?

I tried deleting the "if" statement in the hope the field would appear as default, but it hasn't. What am I missing?

Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441, UK Garrison

Ghostbuster "Dr Smith"

Thanks for your great tutorials on changing the date format and address layout, very easy to follow. I have a query though - I changed SUBURB to read "Address Line 2" but that field never appears, regardless of what country you register a user in. This piece of code:

I think is something to do with it. Is it checking the locale of my store (UK) and deciding to NOT show the SUBURB/Address Line 2 text, cos it thinks I don't need it (non-USA store)?

I tried deleting the "if" statement in the hope the field would appear as default, but it hasn't. What am I missing?

There is a contrib for adding a second address line (called second address line).

In admin customer details, you can set suburb to false.

There is a contrib for adding a second address line (called second address line).

In admin customer details, you can set suburb to false.

Does anyone know how to get the county to store in the db. My address has been formated to UK style in both client side and Admin - my only problem is county - if I look at the address table - this field is always blank in the db. I need to ship by county as the shipping prices vary by county - I've tried a number of contributions for this but none work - I think because the county part of the address is not storing.

I am really desperate for a solution here - I have been trying for months, I have hired other people to sort it out but they haven't been able to either, please can someone tell me how to sort out my address problem so I can launch my store!

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I noticed there was some demand for a version of the contribution which works out-of-the-box with RC2a. Also I wanted a way of quickly achieving UK stores without lots of fiddling around as I have several to start up at the moment. Personally, I find it a little frustrating seeing people begging for help with this and getting a "well just use the old version as a reference" response - especially when these people may not have any real coding experience. Therefore, I have added my version of this package which works with RC2a!

So, to get involved with the release: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2816

I'm sure there will be a bug or two in there - I've not done any real testing on this, just a very quick run through, so if you find anything post it here. :)

DooOOooH!!!

I am in the process of setting up a new site and could have done with this a week ago.

However, I hope to be doing another in a couple of months so will START with this.

Being a NooB I did think of creating something like this to save repeating the hour(s) of work next time but had no idea how.

THANKS Andy.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone!

Gosh - I am having a huge problem at the moment with my store.

Basically my store is charging customers VAT twice!

This is what it seems to be doing:

Price (ex) Price (inc) Total (ex) Total (inc)

£40.95 £48.12 £40.95 £48.12

£30.95 £36.37 £30.95 £36.37

Sub-Total: £71.90

Royal Mail Standard Parcels (): £8.70

EU VAT rate at 17.5%: £15.63

Total: £96.23

So as you can see from above - the Total (ex) is summed up to create the sub-total - this is fine.

Then the postage is added - this is fine.

Then the tax is calculated not on the sub-total shown - but on a sum of the Total (inc) - which already includes tax!

What should be happening is:

* Sub-total should only include the sum of Total (ex)

* Postage should be added.

* Tax should be calculated on sub-total

* Total should be displayed.

Can someone help me regarding this? Or can someone tell me where I need to change the code to make the tax calculations on the sub-total not the sum of the Total (inc) ?

This only seems to happen when there are multiple items in the shopping cart of different types of items.

Thank you so much for your help!!

• 1 month later...

My problem was briefly mentioned by osiris77 (post 23) but no fix was published

I am unable to change details within the Module section of the osCommerce Admin Control Panel.

When I go to Modules --> Payments and try to install PayPal or try to change the sort order for Credit Cards, this feature won't update.

This problem can also be found in Modules --> Shipping and in Modules --> Order Total.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

Thanks

My problem was briefly mentioned by osiris77 (post 23) but no fix was published

I am unable to change details within the Module section of the osCommerce Admin Control Panel.

When I go to Modules --> Payments and try to install PayPal or try to change the sort order for Credit Cards, this feature won't update.

This problem can also be found in Modules --> Shipping and in Modules --> Order Total.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

Thanks

Found the fix elsewhere http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=272218

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

this is the first time replying to a topic was only due to problems I was having. Ive read and not sure if this had been mentioned or if anyone else is having this problem.

I downloaded the latest oscommerce install and overwrote the files with the ones mentioned in this full UK installation but found the problem that,

everything works and looks fine from the fresh install. But as soon as i start adding products, when pressing the category on the front end, which then shows the sub categories e.g cPath=21 not the product_info page, the page wasnt working properly. The "New products for November" box beneath would only show the heading but no products, and the category box on cPath=21 when selecting a category and takes you to the page with subcategories etc wouldnt display properly either. This from a fresh install with no mods other than overwritting the files before installation mentioned in the contribution. I know the US version doesnt have this problem.

I know this problem might be quite vague from my explanation, so if anybody is willing to help i can try show a picture of the problem.

I going to try manually update after a US based installation.

• 5 months later...

Just read through this whole thread and its been a major help, i am one of the ones modifying files so as not to lose my data.

The step by step guides at the start were fantastic i was wondering if a couple more could be done to help me:

- Add UK currency.

- Add UK tax information.

This would be a major help to me as i am going live soon.

Also a quick opinion, as i only plan to sell in the uk, is it worth keeping all of those zones and countries or should i get rid of them all bar the uk?

Thanks

Dan

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For those of you that have been following the tutorials earlier in this thread, you may have noticed that although the create account etc. is now in UK format, when you go into an existing account or look at delivery information and so on, you will notice the address format is still in a US based one.

To complete the mod, you need to run an SQL in MySql or something similar to change the format in the SQL table. The SQL you need to run is as follows;

UPDATE `address_format` SET `address_format` = '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city$cr$state$cr$postcode$cr$country' WHERE `address_format_id` =1 LIMIT 1 ; 

Result:

First Last

Street

City

State

Postcode

Country

• 2 months later...

Hello

I have the standard OSC 2.2 RCa installed.

However, I want to install an optional "address line 2" field.

How can I do this?

You could copy the input section for suburb, then modify the part at the top that accepts the form fields to accept your new input field, then modify the sql write to add your new fields to your data base, but you must create the new field there first. You would also need to modify other areas to use your new field, at fair bit of work. :D

• 5 months later...

Changing the layout of address_book_process.php (aka Update Address Book Entry page or New Address Book Entry page).

This is where your customers can change/update or add their addresses.

Warning: osCommerce 2.2 has a bug in this page so the first thing in this tutorial that we are going to do is fix it! More information can also be found at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1426/search,country

Credits for fixing this bug goes to Amanda aka boxtel

*In catalog/includes/modules/address_book_details.php

Add

<?php
if ($country != '') {
$entry['entry_country_id'] = $country;
}
?>

before

<tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_COUNTRY; ?></td>
           <td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_country_list('country', $entry['entry_country_id']) . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
         </tr>

Now that the bug is dead, we'll start rearranging the address format!

*Open catalog/includes/modules/address_book_details.php

*(catalog/address_book_process.php uses this file)

Locate and Cut this code section (using Ctrl+X or an equivalent on your OS)

<tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_POST_CODE; ?></td>
           <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('postcode', $entry['entry_postcode']) . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
         </tr>

You want to Paste it just above the following section (using Ctrl+V etc.)

<tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_country_list('country', $entry['entry_country_id']) . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
         </tr>

That's it! That's all you have to do in this page.

Next time we'll change the Layout of checkout_shipping_address.php (aka Delivery Information page).

Hi, just wanted to say thanks, i've followed all your prvious instructions and all of them worked. Im a little bit stuck on this on though. I've tried to cut and paste the parts you mentioned but nothing seems to happen when i check my site. I get a error message saying: -

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/tempdo36/public_html/includes/modules/address_book_details.php on line 141

Do you think i've made a mistake at some point?

This is how my ammended script looks now, i was a little confused at some points when it came to pasting. Does this look correct to you?

This is the part to fix the bug: -

<?php

if ($country != '') {

}

?><tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('postcode', $entry['entry_postcode']) . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

This is the part for the Postcoe and country:

<?php

if ($country != '') {

}

?><tr>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

Have i made a mistake at any point? i was also alittle confused about the part when you mentioned: -

*Open catalog/includes/modules/address_book_details.php

*(catalog/address_book_process.php uses this file)

Do i have to put the same script in catalog/address_book_process.php or does that just mean that address_book_process.php uses address_book_details.php?

Thanks soo much, i know i've made a mistake, i just dont know where.

Sarah x

• 4 months later...

Hi

Does this UK contribution work for version 2.3.1?

I am assuming not as it hasn't worked - and now I have loads of errors.

I deleted everything I had done, replaced the files that were in the uk download and did a new install from scratch and now nothing is working. :-(

Can I manually configure the 2.3.1 from being US to UK without these files? Just what comes with 2.3.1?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• 2 weeks later...

This add-on is for a complete install of 2.2 with UK bits and pieces.

I've just uploaded a separate add-on to convert a fresh osc 2.3.1 install into a UK version, it's at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7845

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x