• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.3

3960AD

Is this for your testing website or for your live website? I know that on my local machine (testing) it does the exact same thing, however on the live website everything works just fine. I too have never been able to figure out why though.

RW

forum,

everytime i go to add something to my wishlist via 'ADD TO WISHLIST' button, i'm redirected to the login page. very weird. and this repeats everytime. any advice?

happy new years and best of wishes!

thanks!

Is this for your testing website or for your live website?  I know that on my local machine (testing) it does the exact same thing, however on the live website everything works just fine.  I too have never been able to figure out why though.

RW

Raven:

It's a local testing website....however, in theory it should do the same as it would if it was live.....??

:(

weeellll all things "in theory" should work as in the real world, however I often find they don't to my eternal fustration :)

On this one I think it has something to do with how the store is configured, etc. for a localhost vs. a "true" domain.

If you can (without overwriting anything) upload it and test it there just to see if it will work. I have found that on 2 other contribs they do weird things on the local host and yet work fine on the web.

RW

Raven:

It's a local testing website....however, in theory it should do the same as it would if it was live.....??

:(

weeellll all things "in theory" should work as in the real world, however I often find they don't to my eternal fustration :)

On this one I think it has something to do with how the store is configured, etc. for a localhost vs. a "true" domain.

If you can (without overwriting anything) upload it and test it there just to see if it will work.  I have found that on 2 other contribs they do weird things on the local host and yet work fine on the web.

RW

uhm....ill keep plugging away at it....i still can't seem to understand the different between hosting locally or remotely...isn't the storing portion??

Honestly I can't tell you why or how to fix it (I didn't make this contrib, just played with it a bit). I can say that since it puts you thru a "login loop" I would guess it has to do with the sid, in that it is not carring over correctly on the local machine and hence it is not logging you in (though this is just a shot in the dark here).

RW

uhm....ill keep plugging away at it....i still can't seem to understand the different between hosting locally or remotely...isn't the storing portion??

Honestly I can't tell you why or how to fix it (I didn't make this contrib, just played with it a bit).  I can say that since it puts you thru a "login loop" I would guess it has to do with the sid, in that it is not carring over correctly on the local machine and hence it is not logging you in (though this is just a shot in the dark here).

RW

raven:

i agree....

but what do you mean by 'sid'....

sid= session id.

when you go to the shop (wether logged in or not) you get a specific sid. It shows up as osCsid on the address bar. When you log in the sid is passed and you continue on your way (it is how the shop remembers to put your guest account stuff into your logged in basket..i believe).

If you don't have (ummm racking my brain here) force cookie use and something else, i forget what, or if you don't have a full ssl you will see the sid in the address bar.

I think since on a local machine cookies, etc.. are different that affects the sid which in turn puts you in the login loop.

RW

p.s. if I am waaayyy off on this someone correct me.

raven:

i agree....

but what do you mean by 'sid'....